MONSTERS - a new film - NEW SCENES ADDED

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh the black haired kid is you, that makes so much sense now

as for the swearing once again, if you watch green street, lock stock and two smocking barrels or any real british film you'll realise the culture is riddled with swearing. therefore this movie is realistic to the culture of modern Britain

you Americans may be different but over here we're all hard cases, lol
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

you aren't infinging copyright with music or text if you use less than 10 percent of the song or text and you don't make any money off it. Past that you need permission if you want to make any money,
but you don't really need to worry about that at this level.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

haha sorry for the posts guys But after watching this again, I gotto say I love it.

Looking really great, the acting is great too.

Really good guys, keep it up.

I say this because I was glued to watching it like it where a Movie I saw on tv or something.

Russ
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

:) I'm glad you liked it. I've always been very impressed with your flicks and I'm really looking forward to seeing Hellbilly.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Righto,

Well I agree very much with the technical comments made by DarkElastic (and btw mate i will get to checking ur movies out i had some probs viewing them a week ago tho.)

Righto,

Well the acting is actually not too bad, however what it lacks (and the script) is discipline. There is an offkilter delivery that smacks too much of improvisation (which wouldnt look so) except the quality of sound and shakey cinematogrpahy lend to a kind of documentary look - which because this film is quinteseential fiction - makes one think its slightly amatuerish.

I think this would be a mischaracterisation of the okay quality of ur actors. Be aware when you edit - to pick out more the 'relevant performances' from ur actors - they look a little distracted, with them trailing off their lines and turning in some shots. What you can do is actually cut to the person there speaking with - showing more reaction shots with their conversants dialogue voicing over. Cos remember whenever a character speaks we don't have to be watching them talking.

The cinematography is let down at times - interiors have a lack of lighting which shows considerable noise - this can be resolved by hiring out a redhead lighting kit (easy to figure out how to use) or even big battery lights from B&Q - ANYTHING just throw more light on ur interior scenes.

Likewise be careful of over-exposure on ur outdoor scenes. (i said id skip technical but look at me.) This is easy down with video cos its not forgiving in its latitude.

Experiment with the neutral density - shutter speed and exposure (dont go under 60 on the shutter) until u can keep more of the sky or keep it out of 'so much' of the frame.

Now im rambling lol.

The story is interesting ish - the pace can be quickened more (the quality of sound also could be improved). So lets chop up the edit and make it even quicker!

As for the story, well the emo guy comes across as a scumbag - and theres lots of adolescent swearing and naughtiness going about. To be honest most would be unconvinced an emo chap could be so cruel - there such gentle folk. The young folk going on like dirty fisherman about sex, drugs and rock n' roll is only partially convincing. - however at LEAST it is partially convincing so play with it but bear in mind... it will work much more for a younger audience (than an older one) especially mid 20s 30s audience.

Keep up the good work - all in all however heres some tips.

* More disciplined acting rehearsals -
* More direct acting for the camera
* Better quality sound (get a boom mic and remember arms length to the speaker)
* Better exposure management with the camera outdoors
* More lighting for interiors (lets get rid of that video grain)
* Faster paced edit (that montage at the start while creative is slloooow)

Keep up the good work, ur getting better mate :)
crimechimp

Post by crimechimp »

Great, great. Keep up the good work, looking forrward to seeing more! :D