HORROR - A Scream in the Night

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

HORROR - A Scream in the Night

Post by DarkElastic »

Considering no one has managed to watch the film and review it yet, I have decided to give it a new thread in an attempt to coax people into watching.

http://www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk/proje ... night.html

CLICK ON THE SCREAM IN THE TITLE OF THE POSTER TO WATCH THE MOVIE.

Thanks
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: HORROR - A Scream in the Night

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Ok.

Lighting= Great Job
Sound= Awesome Job
This was well directed and I liked it alot. It seems to me like you did an awesome job.

How did you make the blood look real?

Dude, you did a great job. Pretty, good keep it up.

But you should layoff from the zoom out, maybe do a pan or track dolly shot.

Keep it up!
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: HORROR - A Scream in the Night

Post by DarkElastic »

youngfilmmaker wrote:How did you make the blood look real?
It was real!!!

No, it was the old combination of Syrup, water, Red Food Colouring, Blue Food Colouring and Yellow Food Colouring. Just played about with the syrup and water to get the right consistancy, and red and blue food colouring until I got the right colour.
youngfilmmaker wrote:But you should layoff from the zoom out, maybe do a pan or track dolly shot.
It was a revealing shot, so we thought the zoom was best for this. Better for impact.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: HORROR - A Scream in the Night

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Interesting.. =]
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
Darzeth

Post by Darzeth »

that was really good i enjoyed it alot
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I didnt see any blood and the trailer was rather boring, it actually looked comical by the expression on his face. The title cards are also completely unneccisary and seem to be a way of telling people whats going on, even though the whole point of a movie is to tell the story.... in other words, try get rid of them. The scream was really fake, actually get a girl to scream as hard as they can. Also try make it more exciting, its rather timid.
Ok well... i understand what to do now.
The start was very very boring. The opening where he walks in and stuff is good, but he walks around for way too much time, and the scream is so pathetic. If you shortened it down a bit so he was walking around for like 1-2 mins, it would be much better. Also, the actor wasn't particularly great. The blood all around the bathroom was very over-the top, the actors themselves should have acted out being taken in off camera, so it becomes more of a struggle then a spray of blood. When he dies he should looks more like he is dead or more alive, if alive he should cry and sort of be passing out. The killer weares too good pants to be a killer. The killer should also unmask himself to be the person at the beginning.
It was an overall good movie, it was just too slow and unrealistic. I loved the mask though. Ah yeah.. one more thing, the axe looked REALLY fake. The noise was also too quiet.
Hide or fight for your life?
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: RE: HORROR - A Scream in the Night

Post by DarkElastic »

rhys wrote:I didnt see any blood and the trailer was rather boring, it actually looked comical by the expression on his face. The title cards are also completely unneccisary and seem to be a way of telling people whats going on, even though the whole point of a movie is to tell the story.... in other words, try get rid of them. The scream was really fake, actually get a girl to scream as hard as they can. Also try make it more exciting, its rather timid.
The start was very very boring. The opening where he walks in and stuff is good, but he walks around for way too much time, and the scream is so pathetic. If you shortened it down a bit so he was walking around for like 1-2 mins, it would be much better. Also, the actor wasn't particularly great. The blood all around the bathroom was very over-the top, the actors themselves should have acted out being taken in off camera, so it becomes more of a struggle then a spray of blood. When he dies he should looks more like he is dead or more alive, if alive he should cry and sort of be passing out. The killer weares too good pants to be a killer. The killer should also unmask himself to be the person at the beginning.
It was an overall good movie, it was just too slow and unrealistic. I loved the mask though. Ah yeah.. one more thing, the axe looked REALLY fake. The noise was also too quiet.
Thank you for taking time to watch and review our film Rhys.

You could've cut your review in half by deleting the first part when you realised you had only watched the trailer!

There is 5.2 liters of blood in an average human male.

Who decided a killer wears only a certain kind of trousers?

The mask was a mixture between Scarecrow's and a Executioner's mask.

The axe is a real axe that we borrowed.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: RE: HORROR - A Scream in the Night

Post by DarkElastic »

DarkElastic wrote:
rhys wrote:I didnt see any blood and the trailer was rather boring, it actually looked comical by the expression on his face. The title cards are also completely unneccisary and seem to be a way of telling people whats going on, even though the whole point of a movie is to tell the story.... in other words, try get rid of them. The scream was really fake, actually get a girl to scream as hard as they can. Also try make it more exciting, its rather timid.
Thank you for taking time to watch and review our film Rhys.

You could've cut your review in half by deleting the first part when you realised you had only watched the trailer!

There is 5.2 liters of blood in an average human male.

Who decided a killer wears only a certain kind of trousers?

The man at the beginning is one of the bodies in the shower at the end!

The mask was a mixture between Scarecrow's and a Executioner's mask.

The axe is a real axe that we borrowed.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: HORROR - A Scream in the Night

Post by Theshapecool »

Exellent little movie!
I was glued to the screen.

Great photography and acting too.
My only problem was that when the axe hit the guy and the killer appears, The sound should been more
jolting and gory.

I loved the music too!

What camera did you shoot on? looked very nice.

Russ
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: HORROR - A Scream in the Night

Post by DarkElastic »

I don't know as I am more of a script writer, Producer, Director in the group. But I do know it is a Canon and it is a semi-professional one.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group