Film Intro!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TheMalteseJob

Film Intro!

Post by TheMalteseJob »

Just found out I have the intro scene of my film uploaded. The film actually goes bak in time after this scene and leads back up to this point at the end of the film.

NOTE: not final edit. Two lines cannot be heard properly and must be dubbed. Also I have to arrange volume of sound effects. lemme know what you think please :) ...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3476006226
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Film Intro!

Post by mickcar73 »

alot of 24 influence i see
TheMalteseJob

Post by TheMalteseJob »

yeah, althigh I didn't actaully film it with the double windows in mind. I only decided to use them when I was editing. This was filmed about 8 months ago and I've grown out of that 24 style now :P

But what did you think of the actual scene? did it sort of manage to keep you interested till the end?
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

It kept my attention, and I just got done watching "Crank", which also used the double windows.

The video seemed to jump from 2.35 ratio to 16:9 in the beginning, which was a little jarring. Other than that and the titles seemed amateurish, comparing it to the video which seemed to be shot in a more serious style. SFX were not very good, the hits and gunshots were obviously fake. They need more than volume adjustment IMO. Camera was good, and it was edited niccely. I hate 24 but like the window shots for some reason... Look forward to seeing the rest!
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

It was nicely put together - I can see the aforementioned 24 influence but for me it was more akin to Mission:Impossible 2's battle climax on the beach.

The battle on the beach could've been a tad tighter - it looked like some of the shots were TOO staged and they didn't really pull much weight - I also felt that some of the sound effects werea little off when they connected blows, but overall the shots were good and the sequence was well edited together. Good job.
TheMalteseJob

Post by TheMalteseJob »

Thanks for coommenting and I agree with all your criticisms. The fight was actually filmed several months before the rest of the scene (you might notice the tint changing, the sea getting rougher, and the guy with the tube becoming suddenly thinner). We talked about reshooting the fight but at this point we just want to finish the film and start our first serious project.

The sound effects volume definitely needs to be lowered to mask the fakeness of them. Anyone have some good websites where I can find better sounds?
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Punch something, record it, edit it, mix.

Or something like that. Recording sounds would give you much better quality, and that way you know exactly what you get. This website may help, if you really don't want to record your own sounds. It has a cool name too -
viewtopic.php?t=10217
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production