Splitscreen in Final Cut Pro ??

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Kellockx

Splitscreen in Final Cut Pro ??

Post by Kellockx »

How do you make a splitscreen in Final Cut Pro ?
Anyone a link for a tutorial or something ?

Thanks
http://www.goolockx.be
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Splitscreen in Final Cut Pro ??

Post by DEDFX »

In Premiere all I did was crop one of the 2 clips by 50% and (if there is a black box), key it out.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Splitscreen in Final Cut Pro ??

Post by Clarence »

You have to go into the Canvas, and there's a button up at the top with options for what is displayed in the canvas. Click "Image + Wireframe". This will display a wireframe on the clip. To resize it, just click one of the corners and drag in the direction you want it. If you want to crop it, just clip the crop button in the tool pallete and drag in the direction you want to crop, from the corner of the clip.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I just tested it out and the crop would be better, (located in the motion tab), crop one clip 50% from the right and another 50% from the left. Make sure your camera's white balance is manually set.
EM

Post by EM »

I did a short splitscreen with myself having a conversation with me. Next time I will have one characters voice differ more, I had to alter the audio to make it actually work. I used FCP 3 and blurred the edge of the top layer, it matches almost perfectly.

if u want to see the short vis, my movies site is www.myspace.com/unpunishedmovie
go to the video section its called "my brother is no help at all"

The split screen effect has so many uses besides doubling an actor, you can add a sky that makes a scene more interesting, add buildings or hills...love the possibilites it opens up.
NateYoBate

Post by NateYoBate »

On my YouTube (youtube.com/nateyobate) look for videos and I have a tutorial in there. Though I use Express, it's about the same thing.

Good luck,
Nate