SFX Materials FOR SALE

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

yukphou

SFX Materials FOR SALE

Post by yukphou »

Hi guys,
Ive just put some 2-part Polyurethane Soft Prop Foam on ebay if anyones interested,

The link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Thanks.
trabre2003

RE: SFX Materials FOR SALE

Post by trabre2003 »

What could that be used for?
yukphou

Post by yukphou »

Hi,
Theres loads of uses for this stuff... its mixed in two parts and expands several times its original volume, so it's great for filling cavities inside of castings. Its similar to foam latex in texture, it can aslo be used to make masks and full body suits.

The reason we bought it was to fill the space inside a giant whistle prop! - the skin of the whistle was silicone and the client originally wanted it to be squishiy (like a big cushsion).

Ive also seen it used to make a fake tonn weight to be droped onto an actor - pigmented black, so it appears real but weighs very little. And also loads of people use it to make fake heads with- paint your silicone into the mould then pour the soft foam into the cavity so it remails the right shape but is fairly light and soft.

hope that answers your question!!?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I need some yet don't have a credit card and don't know your currency to mine to see if its worth it.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

you can buy it at a hardware store and it will take 10 minutes instead of days waiting for it to be shipped... im ordering some dentist alginate so i can make some masks...
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]