This websites first - Animation films.

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Moviebox

This websites first - Animation films.

Post by Moviebox »

Well, i think I am really the only animated film maker here. Am I? ANyway I am making a flash film currently about two house mates that are man and dog. Its only in the early storyboard stage, but here are 2 pictures I drew quickly of the characters on paint. Enjoy!

DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: This websites first - Animation films.

Post by DEDFX »

You better be a good animator or have a funny storyline for people to wantingly watch your movies because theres so many Flash animators out there now.
F.F.F.

RE: This websites first - Animation films.

Post by F.F.F. »

I like the character illustrations. Loks like my neibors. That's right, their dog wears shorts and gloves.
What are the characters? The dog looks annoyed, Alcoholic?
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

By the looks of your avatar, you appear to be a Family Guy fan. Is that the basis of your inspiration? Looks like it may have influenced your idea.

But any who, don't let DEDFX get ya down. Personal style is what makes things eye catching. I think it's great that you're looking' into the whole flash animation stuff, but it's not the first I've seen on here. Characters look good, hopefully you can keep the consistency through out your entire movie. Keep us posted on the process, I'm anxious to see how it turns out.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

God that was mean, sorry about that, but on the helping side...

* The idea isn't original, Family Guy was first a cell based cartoon with just a guy and his dog
* The characters aren't going to look like that in Flash unless you are just animating the mouths and swinging the arms, are you motion tweening or keyframing?
* Your not a bad artist but start drawing in Flash and exporting a fram instead of saving a Paint file.

If you're just experimenting then it doesn't matter what you make your cartoons of.
KohrsFilms

Post by KohrsFilms »

Well you aren't alone. I'm working on a stop motion film. I have done flash stuff too. So I'm interested in seeing what you have.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/kohrsfilms]My myspace[/url] and [url=http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=KohrsFilm]my youtube[/url].
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

I do flash too...so don't call your self the only one.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Yeah stop motion is great, I just hate how people see pixelation and copy it the same way everybody does.
Moviebox

Post by Moviebox »

Well thanks for the replies. Some good some not so good, but about ripping of family guy, I made the dog character before I first saw family guy. And isnt the guy who made family guy, just ripping off the simpsons? And isnt the simpsons ripping off the flistones and isnt the flinstones ripping of I love lucy? Well anyway, on a lighter note, I do stop motion too, cool. I will get some of the film screens up soon.
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

No one said you were ripping off anything...All I asked was if it influenced your idea. So that little spill you just gave was unnecessary.
Moviebox

Post by Moviebox »

I'm sorry I just thought thats what you ment. anyway it sorta did influence my idea, in the idea of relationship between the two is like.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Someone needs to be influenced by some movie to get interseted in filmmaking/stop motion, mine was Army of Darkness then The Evil Dead.
Moviebox

Post by Moviebox »

Well the script is done, and some animation tests are too. Voice recording is first (So I can lip sync it better later.) At the first the script was gonna be about these two characters going for a walk, with everyone attacking them from Evil Superman to a nazi german named Alvin. I scraped that now, story is now a scream like wannabe killer stalks them around the house. Gotta some scenes I think are funny, like the scream man and my man charcter in the pic having an argument over the phone, over ''been well 'ard, and having a girlfriend.''

Another funny scene I like is where the dog character and the scream guy play Russian roulette...with a semi-automatic pistol/Uzi. i cant decide yet, which would be funnier to use?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Well post it, I really want to see it.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

Holy cr**, DEDFX, Army of Darkness got me into making movies too! And then Evil Dead II really got me into it.
Moviebox

Post by Moviebox »

Here is a quickie animation to show that I am not just blowing smoke about this ''great'' animated flick. DEDFX, sorry but I cant whip up an animation, well not a 3-6 minute cartoon in an hour then edit it. Animation can take months even years, one episode of the simpsons (30 mins) can take 6 months. It took me 10 minutes to draw my guy blinking. The only thing I can show you now is the storyboards, and or voice clips from the script. This isnt an excuse cos I am really blowing smoke, trust me. I WILL SOON get some scenes one, the russian roulette scene is what I am animating first.