New Film "Yearning For A Bed"

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

New Film "Yearning For A Bed"

Post by Kentertainment »

This film was created for a school competition known as "Reflections" where a student must pick a form of art and abide to it by a theme. The theme of this year was, "My Favorite Place..." and seeing as sleep is good, I went with a bed.

The film is about an unnamed teenager who has appearantly been out all night. He sneaks in at six in the morning and gets two hours of sleep. Suffering from sleep deprivation, he begins to hallucinate things relating to his bed as he yearns for it. Though what seems to be eternal bliss will soon become a nightmare.

The film could only be five minutes (yes I know, it exceeds) and because of this, it is heavily cut and honestly it is not the best film I have to offer, but still as always, enjoy!

YouTube Version
Myspace Version
Google Video Version
Last edited by Kentertainment on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: New Film "Yearning For A Bed"

Post by ctbullet »

....bet you had a great time throwing pillows at your bud

i'm currently swapping between your movie and saving private ryan

liked the editing, especially the car horn bit

didn't like the shakey shots, sometimes it looked like you applied 'ghost' to some of the shots, thats probably just the compression
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: New Film "Yearning For A Bed"

Post by Clarence »

Nice, Kentertainment. At minute mark 3:25 (on the Google version) you had a really nice tracking shot of him running. Did you take that from a car/bike, etc? Or were you just on foot?

Some parts reminded me a lot of "Are You Afraid of my Waffle?" like when the pillow flies in his face. Also, when he comes into his house, turns around a sees an enourmous pile of pillows.

For the aerial shot looking down on him in front of the car, were you on a ladder or something? For a minute I thought the car was going to drive right under the camera! You had some really creative shots like that in there.

Like ctbullet said there were some shaky shots and ghosting effects, but it didn't detract much.

Overall a funny film, I liked it. Did you win the competition? :)
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: New Film "Yearning For A Bed"

Post by Kentertainment »

ctbullet wrote:....bet you had a great time throwing pillows at your bud
Truth be told...no. We did so many takes because originally we planned to throw a certain amount of pillows on one side of the frame and then do another take while throwing pillows on the other side of the frame, I was then going to layer them and have double the pillows flying. But the wind kept screwing us over and having pillows fall in the wrong spot.

Eventually mine and one others arms got really tired.
Clarence wrote:Did you take that from a car/bike
Yeah it was from a car.
Clarence wrote:Some parts reminded me a lot of "Are You Afraid of my Waffle?"
Heh...yeah it does...and it was unintentional so don't bust my chaps Ornsack!

The overhead shot is my favorite and yes it was done on a ladder by putting the camera on the tripod then sticking it out. I'm suprised I got it that smooth.

Thanks for the comments :D
ProdigyFilmsinc.

RE: Re: RE: New Film "Yearning For A Bed"

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Throwing SUCKED! But it was worth it. Who knew your arm could get tired from throwing pillows....
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Yeah (said in Steve Zissou tone when attacked by swamp leeches) Whats the deal!?

Anyway, more comments would be appreciated, I know it's not the greatest but still...people like comments (well, some...)
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I guite enjoyed it, though it was far from your best work. The unsteadyness of the camera throughout was very distracting, and some of the sound work was very abrupt (although I really liked the sound of the falling pillows). Overall a good effort, but not up to your usual standards. One point of interest; how did you get the birds-eye shot when he's lying on the street in front of the car? That was cool.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

I'm a fan.
"Prolly Just Film"
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Sorry to bring back up such an oldish topic but I've got some updates. In this "Reflections" program, the film advancment level goes: School, District, Region, State. The film has made it all the way up to the State level and is awaiting word of it's placing in the state o' Utah.