New film won competition

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

New film won competition

Post by Magic-Man »

hey y'all. Recently me and a few people have been very busy, making a new freebord film. For those who don't know what a freebord is, check www.freebord.com.

Anyways, we entered this film into a contest called Best sumbitted video and the entries were judged and narrowed down to top ten. Then those were narrowed down to top three finalists. The three finalists get a free trip to San Fran and go to an awards ceremony where the winner will be announced and get prizes. And our film got into top three! So me and my friend are going to sanfransisco in January. I am chuffed. Here is the link:

http://www.freebord.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7233

Click the top 3 video link, and our vid is under the My friends name Rob. (i am Andrew)

Enjoy
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: New film won competition

Post by Kentertainment »

Don' you mean enjoi? Just kidding.

Anywho, great job with the editing, cinematography, and the design. It kept with that extreme sports video style (I used to skateboard so I know how these things roll). Also there is one shot that was beatiful and caught my attention...this was when the person on the longboard was coming down the stairs in slow motion as the clouds in the background moved by quickly...awesome!

Great job, I can see why it won.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Thanks for the reply. Yeh i do like that shot with stair jump/time lapse, and am glad how it came out. A shame the quality aint too great. And the stair set was jumped on a freebord, not a longboard, but i filmed all the moving shots on my longboard :)
Im glad you enjoid it (see what i did there?)
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Wow, you had some incredible shots in there...especially the one on the stairs. Did you composite two seperate shots over each other to get that?

Nice job overall; congratulations on the win.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Well i filmed my mate jump the stairs with the exposure increased to make the sky more or less white. I then just keyed that out to a time lapse sky, and then masked out some stuff like rails and some background stuff. I then added some artificial shine to make the shots appear seamless.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Just got the flight information in for San Fran, and am leaving on Wednesday 10th of Jan, and coming back Sunday. I heard that the prizes for the ceremony could be a camcorder!! Can't wait. Oh and my film gets played on a big projector screen :)
F.F.F.

Post by F.F.F. »

Your film was a joi to watch. Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll win!