My first short film - teaser

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Skanza

My first short film - teaser

Post by Skanza »

Well I have started the making of my first short film titled 'Where the Iron Cross Grows'.

A World War II era film, basically focusing on small facts of life on the Russian Front.

Nothing big, very small, more or less me just getting used to camera work and editing.

I've tweaked the colours, to make it look a little more bleak, and more saturated to give a darker feel than a 'goody goody' look.

This is a gritty film with shakey cameras and close ups to capture the realism, so there are no tripod shots or anything close.

All the editing is done in Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0, and I have just obtained it so my editing skills are not good at all. The special effects in the teaser are to be honest 'cr**' and I will be working to improve.

Anyways, what do you think of the teaser?
If anyone is familiar with Sam Pekinpah's Cross of Iron, you may see a slight resemblence at the end.

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: My first short film - teaser

Post by UFProductions »

Looks interesting, why the tiny little square of footage in the middle though? Also, either improve drastically on the special effects or work around it and don't use them at all (I'd personally go with option #2).
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

Yea I realised now that I'm not going to use a lot of special effects, because it looks real bad and to be honest, it just emphasises that I am an amateur film maker ;P.

I am very limited to props, however certain clothing and gear I believe can suit well, as I have collected WW2 German Military clothing for a while. Of course it isn't going to be hollywood...

To be frank, I honestly don't know how to make my video larger and remove the black square... :oops:
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

What is up with the music in the end?
@seanbagley
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

It's a german children's song. I think it worked well with the final frame.

It's abnormal. Ironic and morbid. Just setting a mood i guess.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

thats was alright although the stock fottage cut off...

and the music freeked me about also
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

Yea the stock footage was a complete mess up. This will no longer be used in any more of my films. (rocket & explosion)

thanks for the comments.