HELP?! How Do you make a good portfolio?

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Tommo.S

HELP?! How Do you make a good portfolio?

Post by Tommo.S »

Hey all, hope u can help me with this one, sort of an emergency. As some of u know im doin year 12 and stuff, anyways i have applied for Uni, neway they want a portfolio of my work. Now i wanna really get creative with this stuff but im a bit tight on time at da momment with exams and all. So wat u guys recommend? Should i just put my films on DVD, or put on mini DV Tape? Im a bit unsure of the methods of the most effective type of portfolio. I was thinking one of those website ones on a CD. But yeah im a bit done for time lol. Any help would be great, thanks all :P.

p.s - i need this done by two weeks! Not good! :( wit exams!
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: HELP?! How Do you make a good portfolio?

Post by DarkElastic »

Whatever you do, do not type it the way you have typed that post!!!

Use proper English and stop being lazy.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
Tommo.S

RE: HELP?! How Do you make a good portfolio?

Post by Tommo.S »

Whatever you do, do not type it the way you have typed that post!!!

Use proper English and stop being lazy.
Oh, I apologise sincerely. I wasn’t aware that forums messages had to be 100% grammatically correct? And I certainly wasn’t aware that I was applying for university in that message lol. Great tip mate, but yeah, already figured that. :D
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

In my opinion, I think a clean and well organized web portfolio would be the easiest form. That's what I did for displaying my work at college, and it worked out great! Although, I do not know your skills on web design.

I think that would be an effective way to send your work to not only the school, but to others as well. If you needed, ask a friend who's knowledgeable in web design to help. It's worth a shot nonetheless. Good luck with your application!
Tommo.S

Post by Tommo.S »

Hey thanks man, yeah I initially got a bit stuck with your suggestion of finding a friend to make a web site for you. But i thought about it some more, and I suppose as your applying for film, thats all they're going to be interested in. Obviously you still have to present some creative personal skills. But for anyone out there wanting to design a portfolio, just go to google and search for flash templates. Obviously you got to make personal changes, but you can get some really cool template designs. :D
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Tommo.S wrote:But i thought about it some more, and I suppose as your applying for film, thats all they're going to be interested in.
Most definitely. The content of your portfolio, is by far more important than the physique of your portfolio. However, despite the fact that an attractive web-site leaves more of an impact, it's not the primary issue. :)

Hope all goes well. Keep us posted on your application process.