School stoner

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

School stoner

Post by rhys »

Hey,
For school i have to make a film where someone abuses drugs and takes his life. I wanna have some really trippy things going on, (like in a mirror it yells at him) and i was wondering what you think i should have in it, and what would make it freaky enough to stop people from taking drugs.
Thanks
Hide or fight for your life?
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: School stoner

Post by ctbullet »

have sudden flashes of animal killings,

lots of screaming

people you love leaving you

life turning into a depression, e.g. living in a gutter

not money

getting beaten by the dealer
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

No i mean like, he takes his life while high. Animal killings doesnt seem all that scary. And i think i would be suspended handing in what i would find for animal killings (kitten being stood on by high heels, desgusting stuff).
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

well more animals in the wild, e.g a buffalo getting mawled by a lioness or something, its just horrific, thats the implication of drugs, no?
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

thats the implication of drugs, no?
Uh what? and why would someone hallucinate animals being killed? And why do u think that animals being killed is so 'horrific'. Its nature.
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Get loads of random effects from whatever editor you use and then flash them up in quick succesion. Then turn everything to blood, like the lines become dripping blood and then have him in swimming pool of water but blood is slowly dripping in. So wherever he goes he can't one recurring thing out his mind. Maybe something clown like and have it allways coming back, Also film a lot from his view.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

well, Im probably the only one here thats not gonna suggest blood,( I love blood too),I would get a bruise kit and put red under his eyes, and put bruises here and there, and dirty him up alot show him digging in trash for food and other stuff and when he's on drugs have alot of odd stuff happen like jesus starts talking to him and also he starts seeing in odd colors like a black in white thing but like blue and orange. well if u need more ideas then pm me i got lots
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Buy false teeth that look all sticky out and black and dirty and horrible, I have plety ideas too...
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

u dont need false teeth just drink coffee and and put coffee grains in your teeth and maybe add some drops of blood
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: School stoner

Post by Kentertainment »

rhys wrote:Hey,
For school i have to make a film where someone abuses drugs and takes his life. I wanna have some really trippy things going on, (like in a mirror it yells at him) and i was wondering what you think i should have in it, and what would make it freaky enough to stop people from taking drugs.
Thanks
Oh wow! Sounds like a great way to point out a message. You can show somebody killing themselves but not an animal dying. You know killing yourself doesn't bring you peace. One, you're dead, two, if murdering someone makes you a "bad" person, why isn't murdering yourself. That is why this thing was invented called...rehab.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: School stoner

Post by rhys »

In some religion, killing urself will put u in hell.
Look remember this:
He is high through the whole thing,
he kills himself cos hes scared of his hallucinations,
i have to shoot this alone.
And its not about people not liking him and him getting poor. Im 13! Im not exactly going to loose my house at 13 cos i did drugs, i have family, most children do.
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Maybe he starts eeing himself (make it slightly faded to look good) killing someone repeatdly.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Thats not really the type of hallucinations that drugs induce. Have him seeing things under his skin. Shadows behind doors or on the ceiling when nothings really there. Don't forget auditory hallucinations. You can have him hear someone laughing when hes alone in a room. These seem like hallucinations that an insane person might have, but LSD produces nearly the same affect.

There could be a scene where hes cutting into his arm with a knife, because hes trying to get an insect that hes hallucinating out from under it.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Or he gets the gun and starts blasting s*** away that looks crazy. Then he looks at the mirror and sees something crawling under his forehead and shoots it and kills himself...
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

I'm gonna go with maj_barnes and Mr.Anderson. It's gotta be creepy surreal stuff.

Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD and write the story as if he has a bad trip. From the wiki, "Changes in aural and visual perception are common, ranging from mild to profound.[20][26] These sensory changes include basic "high-level" distortions such as the appearance of moving geometric patterns, new textures on objects, blurred vision, image trailing, shape suggestibility and color variations. Inanimate objects are frequently described as "breathing". Users sometimes describe experiencing new, previously-unseen colors; sights and sounds may take on greater intensity or have more of an impact. Users commonly report that the inanimate world appears to animate in an unexplained way; that is, objects that are static in three dimensions can seem to be moving relative to one or more additional spatial dimensions."

That should give you plenty of ideas. Do wild stuff with colors, relate a sound to a color if you can (that's a common effect of LSD), shoot it incoherently, make there be odd/disturbing noises in the background, have objects move and then settle in their former locations (use camera trickery/post-pro editing to make it look fluid and bizarre).

Download this (it's an exe, yes, but it's just a Flash projector file, I promise, not a virus), stare at it very intently for 60 seconds, focusing on the dot in the center, and then look around. I've heard that LSD does similar things to your vision (don't worry, it--the flash thing not LSD--wears off very quickly; a couple of seconds). Not having personally taken LSD I can't speak to that, but if you try to do similar things when you're filming, it'll be convincing enough for a school project, I think.

As for how he actually kills himself, I quite like Mr.Anderson's knife and arm idea. That would be profoundly disturbing if you do it right.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

I really love how drugs are portrayed both on television and in movies...

It's funny how even a little bit of reefer will make you hallucinate and go crazy, when the worst thing weed can do to you is make you so tired you pass out. There has NEVER been a case where the active drug in marijuhana killed anybody. Its usually a car crash or accident as a result, but even then that is comparable to any drug even coffee or alcahol.

I also love the idea that schools and police departments make "shock" horror campaigns and "scare tactics" to make you afraid of drugs instead of actually educating you on the effects and results. It's almost like the scary monsters in the village.

Anyway back to the subject... The only drugs that would generate the sort of horror are hallucinagens like acid trips and LSD as discussed before.

Also the hallucinations are almost always very surreal including alot of the environment and natural things like water and even the touch of the person experiencing it. senses are heightened... i mean the ideas for horror all you need is to play on basic fears. so a surreal attack to things like eyes and choking and basically anything that is a deep fear in a human being.

Id suggest watching "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" a very good movie for the stuff your talking about.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

My friend said that if u take LSD or other hallucinogens when depressed things like you look into a mirror and see maggots crawling out of your eyes, or having the grim reeper walk around all day with you.
I'm not exactly sure how to make the crawling under the skin effect though. Any ideas?
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

you need to incorporate drugs like heroin and lsd....not weed.
watch the movie requiem for a dream.

but like for creepiness you can do the whole, guy takes lsd, thinks his arm is a snake, and cuts it off.
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

show clips from alice in wonderland, the makers of the movie where high on weed when they made it, lol
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

What color is heroin, inside a syringe? I think i could pull that one off.
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

uhh I hope no one knows the answear to that one, try google.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

i think its brownish, but anyway, you should make it really intense like scenes in 'saw' if you get what i mean, and yeh like who-ever said put as many effects in as you can, YOU CAN HAVE A FREEKING FEILD-TRIP WITH THAT!
try to make it original, i quite like the idea of being sorta stalked by the grim-reaper, thatd be cool.

"Or he gets the gun and starts blasting s*** away that looks crazy. Then he looks at the mirror and sees something crawling under his forehead and shoots it and kills himself..."

so...now we're getting encouraged to have 13 yearolds with agun?
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.