Machinima music video

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Machinima music video

Post by SgtPadrino »

I dunno, felt like editing something, so I took some machinima footage that's been lazing around my hard drive and made a music video using the song Pure by Jimmy's Chicken Shack (which means it doesn't have a concept or point. Deal with it.) Didn't put that much work into it, only an hour or two, but I'd still like to hear what you have to say about it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3598729948
Grant

RE: Machinima music video

Post by Grant »

Pretty cool. I am amazed that not many people here are trying machinima. So much scope for entertainment, ease of filming, lots of potential $ and the opportunity for heaps of exposure. My uni is developing 2 units on it for next year.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Heh, that's a hellacious bump :)

I've actually gotten a fair amount of exposure in the gaming community with my machinima flicks - my last major project has had a total of around 4,500 views (half YouTube, half Google Video,) so it really is an effective way to get yourself out there. Especially when you don't have the means to either make movies with huge scope, or make movies period.

Plus it's given me lots of practice to really perfect using Premiere 6.5 - it's buggy and has a steep learning curve, but when you start to get all the little tricks down, it really is an amazingly powerful editing tool. Actually, I've got an example of that (another machinima short)

All of the visual effects were done using Premiere's transparency settings, in conjunction with Hubble photos and the footage itself.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Your HL2 videos are really the best I've seen anywhere. :D
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Now that just made my day.