"Transcendence" Music Video, Lemonus Productions

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

joe

"Transcendence" Music Video, Lemonus Productions

Post by joe »

Hey everyone.

A few weeks ago, I finished my first music video. The song is by Bryan Bogatz and is entitled, "Transcendence." The film stars Sabien Minteer with Alissa Hixson.

You can view the film here ---> http://www.Lemonus.com/transcendenceweb.wmv (5:17, WMV, 10mb)

I wouldn't recommend viewing this at fullscreen because the file isn't the highest quality.

As always, comments and/or criticisms on the song or the video are always appreciated. Thanks all. Cheers.

Joe Boyle
Lemonus Productions
www.Lemonus.com
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: "Transcendence" Music Video, Lemonus Productio

Post by rhys »

*Downloads* Whats the song genre?
*finishes download*
Looks cool, but i dont like the fish eye effect, thats pretty lame.
I did not understand any of the start, its like tap, fish, pen, money, drink. The main guy has a funny haircut. I hope that fishie was dead. Is there any lyrics in this song? wtf? now hes in the forest and he looks like tarzan. Why did u kill fish and burn a $1 bill for a movie? Wow that goth chick is freaking hot! Id have smoke or a flash or something when she dissappears. That was cool when he got hit by a car. That flower was pretty.
I didnt like the song, and the clip didnt make much sence. It was good, but it didnt follow well. The effects were good and the angles were pretty nice.
Good job, i give u an 8/10.
Hide or fight for your life?
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Was pretty cool!

The music I didn't like much, and it felt like the music was out of sync with the drums!

And I don't think many people would enjoy seeing the dead fish

But other than that I liked it! Maybe a bit too long but looked pretty glossy and there were some great moments in it. Nice work!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

I don't think the fish-eye was lame at all. The bobble head effect was interesting though :)
joe

Post by joe »

*Downloads* Whats the song genre?
*finishes download*
Looks cool, but i dont like the fish eye effect, thats pretty lame.
I did not understand any of the start, its like tap, fish, pen, money, drink. The main guy has a funny haircut. I hope that fishie was dead. Is there any lyrics in this song? wtf? now hes in the forest and he looks like tarzan. Why did u kill fish and burn a $1 bill for a movie? Wow that goth chick is freaking hot! Id have smoke or a flash or something when she dissappears. That was cool when he got hit by a car. That flower was pretty.
I didnt like the song, and the clip didnt make much sence. It was good, but it didnt follow well. The effects were good and the angles were pretty nice.
Good job, i give u an 8/10.
The genre is progressive indie rock. The fish eye effect was used primarily for the wideness of the lens. On a regular TV monitor, the fisheye effect is very much lessened, but on a computer monitor, before DV output, the boundaries of the image are much less, therefore intensifying the effect unintentionally.

There are obviously no lyrics in the song as it is an instrumental song.

I admit that this film is quite rich in symbolism, but certain themes are not too difficult to pick out such as social oppression, rebirth, quest for understanding, etc. Personally, I don't see the merit in spoonfeeding an audience all of the meaning behind a film. I hope that if the audience wants to grow or gain something from one of my films that they engage their mind while watching and try to interpret what they've seen. It might take a couple viewings!

As for the killing of the fish and the burning of the dollar bill, they are both important elements to the film. Also, we didn't kill a fish on purpose, but it died unintentionally, and so we froze it 'til it was needed.

Ornsack: Again, with the dead fish, I don't necessarily want to make people feel comfortable or enjoy every image that is presented, but rather let the emotion that is spawned from that image take hold.

Thanks everyone for your comments. They are much appreciated! Any others?

Joe
Lemonus
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

You speak way too much english man. You should chill out, and forget some of those hard words.
Hide or fight for your life?
joe

Post by joe »

No offense intended, but how old are you rhys? Your comments seem a bit immature. Language is the way that you express yourself, therefore a better use of language makes one able to express their thoughts with more clarity. Obviously this is a very important part of the filmmaking process if you write your own material. 'Tis a good lesson to be learned. Cheers.

Joe
Lemonus
freed

Post by freed »

Yeah this is why everyone hates the little sh!te
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
joe

Post by joe »

Hey everyone.

Just a quick update on this film. "Transcendence" was reviewed over at Rewindvideo.com. You can read the review here >>>http://rewindvideo.com/R2007/public_htm ... 4081912292

Also, "Transcendence" will be playing at the Max Allan Collins Film Expo in Waterloo, IA on Sat. Sept. 24. My previous film, "Six Feet Frozen" will also play on Sun. Sept. 25. More info at http://www.waterloocenterforthearts.org.

Just a quick note on another short from last year... "Eternal Child" is playing tonight at the Valley Film Festival in Los Angeles. The screening is at the El Portal Theatre in the 6:00pm block of dramatic shorts. More info at http://www.valleyfilmfest.com.

Any further comments/criticisms on any of these films is completely welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Joe Boyle
http://www.Lemonus.com
JARHEAD

Post by JARHEAD »

I liked it, I didn't really like the music but it did go pretty well with the video.

I also thought that the camera work & editing was done well!
Growlingdog Productions
http://growlingdog.net/
jared@growlingdog.net
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Hey joe.

We've got a film in the Max Allan Collins festival too - hope to see you there :)
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

I thought you did a good job. Not my style of music but ok. I thought it was a little long especially with no singing.

Anyway again, you do great work keep it up.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
joe

Post by joe »

Hey joe.

We've got a film in the Max Allan Collins festival too - hope to see you there
Congrats man. I was going to try and make it, but I have a shoot set up for Saturday and also the gas money is a bit much. Hope it goes well though.
I thought you did a good job. Not my style of music but ok. I thought it was a little long especially with no singing.
To each his own, of course, pertaining to the music. Personally, I think that having this song be instrumental really allows for more personal interpretation. The mood of the piece and the ability to focus on the imagery is enhanced greatly by the lack of lyrics.

Thanks for the comments all.

Joe
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Don't get me wrong man, I love your stuff I think you do a great job. Music is very subjective and thats why you can loose someone just because of the wrong music, and win someone over for the same reason.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
joe

Post by joe »

Oh, yes I heartily agree. Music is totally subjective. I hope my rebuttal didn't seem to be defensive. No offense taken at all. I would much rather receive a criticism rather than a praise, if it aids in growth. Cheers.