Official "Five Cents" Production Thread

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Official "Five Cents" Production Thread

Post by Kentertainment »

My newest film, "Five Cents" is about 50% complete with filming and will be finished with filming this Friday (if I get approval from the library for filming).

The story is of an unnamed teenager straining every ounce of energy he's got to get a CD back to his local library before it closes. Things keep getting in his way and if he doesn't get this CD back he will get a five cent fine.

Anywho, I am starting this thread to give everyone updates and whatnot, the film is scheduled at this point to be complete and online in October but that may change and in the meantime we've been having someone stand by with a camera and film us film the movie. I will be posting 3 video blogs, 2 with production and 1 with making the music, in the month of September to hold everyone off...it's just kind of a way to show each and every one of you how I make films.

Back to topic...I'm using my myspace page as the main updater thing which you can find here.... http://www.myspace.com/kentertainmentpics

There you will find production stills, screenshots, and the latest news (I'll also post news up on this thread) in the "Official Five Cents Scrollbox"

One final note, on Tuesday we (Cast and Crew) mastered the most difficult shot in Kentertainment history!
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Official "Five Cents" Production Thread

Post by rhys »

HOLY LORD THATS AWESOME!
How much time and money did u spend on it?
Hide or fight for your life?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

To be honest...not much. I believe the only thing that really cost money was building the dolly and boom mic pole the rest we just used our resources. My friend was able to get a Panasonic DVX100B because he went to nationals for a film competition at our school...the teacher was generous enough to buy one and the boom mic I'm just borrowing from my church. The boom pole and dolly I made a while ago and in total only cost me about $50-60 to make, Click here to see a tutorial on the dolly.

Timewise, in total the whole film will be about a month and a half...filming will be done this week (got approval from library) and I'm doing original music and with school in the way that's going to be a bit hard to just do whenever.
freed

Post by freed »

When rhys is the only person to show interest in your film, you know you got problems.
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Nice, simple idea. The poster on your MySpace is really impressive and I liked the production stills. Wish I could afford some of that equipment...

I'll look forward to watching the film, especially if it has the same quirky sense of humour I loved in both I Want Money and the Burito one.

Good luck getting it finished. :)
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Well, truth is, i didnt look at his story, i just looked at his equipment... lol
little old lazy me only wants to look at the pictures! At leasted i think thats what i did... too long ago.
Hide or fight for your life?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Official "Five Cents" Production Thread

Post by Kentertainment »

freed wrote:When rhys is the only person to show interest in your film, you know you got problems.
Maybe. I just haven't really "advertised" this film as much...usually I'm putting banners as my signiture and all that. I can't really make a trailer because it's only a seven minute film and a trailer would be pointless.

UPDATE!
Filming wraps up today at 7:00 p.m. MST and the editing of video blog one will begin likely tomorrow and be up next week. As of this moment I am actually color timing what has been filmed and I realized something...it's not fun.

A rough cut will be done this weekend and my friend doing the music and I will be discussing the music and begin writing it. Film is scheduled for a mid-October release! When I have an official release date I will put it as my signiture.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Official "Five Cents" Production Threa

Post by Clarence »

I like your short films because they generally don't deal with complex storylines. The plots are very simple, yet the films are still very entertaining. I mean, some would try to cram a full movie into ten minutes...and doing that usually makes the film feel rushed.

Anyway, this sounds good and I'm eager to see it.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Seems like a great movie.

The screenshots are awesome

Cannot wait to see it
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Thanks to all those who have checked it out and found interest. All that's left to do now is color correct, record sound effects, and record the music and then it'll be done.

I've landed myself into a little problem and wondered if anyone here could help...

The video blogs I intend to do were all filmed on an analog camcorder thus meaning I have to capture using an S-Video chord for visual and use the audio RCA chords plugged into the "Line In" port on the soundcard for the audio. Here comes the problem...when I capture the footage it comes out with a much longer audio track than video and it moves really really fast...anyone know how I can fix this?
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

The stills are looking good! Very nice indeed!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

The other day we went around using an XL1 to record some sound effects. Since I had the footage, nothing to do, and an urge to edit something...I put together all the messed up, nerdy things we do when we make a film. Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6846133550
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

yeah it's good but there is a techincal problem with thet website, the background sound plays over the short movie things you have there.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

When's this movie going to be done?
@seanbagley
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

When's your movie going to be done. Looks good. Did you figure out the video blog problem?
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

It's funny the two of you ask this seeing as you all helped. I'm trying my hardest to get everything done and organized because I really want to fit finishing this, school, and writing this beast of a script for "Precinct 71; 80's cop film".

Just an update for everyone...

This week foley work was completed recording, thus moving on to audio editing. The film is moving smoothly as planned and is schedule to be complete near the end of this month, although the film will not be online until later. Three festivals are at this time chosen to be entered: Slamdance Film Festival, Dam Short Film Festival, and Hollywood DV Festival.
madcowmovies

Post by madcowmovies »

Ken I added ya man. (Well Madcow Movies did)
http://madcowmovies.com