Most "Exotic" Location You've Filmed In

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

redkorn

Post by redkorn »

Uhh I film stuff in Alaska if that exotix enough for ya?
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

OK here is the link to a rough ( very rough) cut of the video we shot during our tip to Centralia PA. There was little to no steam or visible that day, in part because it was way too warm and humid for steam to condense out to visible vapor.
There is no color correction applied to the footage, though it is a pretty decent match across the board and minimal audio correction, basically just some balancing of levels using premiere's gain, nothing run through audition yet tho to clean it up right, so bear with me on that :) The only filter applied is the use of Steady Move on a couple of the clips that were shot tighter off the shoulder while I was moving.
The first segment is some of the video that may eventually be used in an episode of the Underground. The behind the scenes segment is included as an example of why you do not use the on camera mic to capture your audio ( LOL ) Notice how dull Chris sounds, the background noises in those shots as compared to the same scene audio from the A cam. The third segment is some of the interview and investigation we shot with a group of ghost hunters from Maryland who were in town the same day as us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O53RvwvQ7_Y

If anyone is interested in the echnical details
Cam1 - Panasonic DVC-60
Cam2 - Sony VX-2100
Cam 3 -There is some footage of the day not included shot on a panny DVC-7 that will probably actually make the on air cut
Audio : The primary field audio was captured on the DVC-60 using the XLR inputs. Mics were a pair of Sony wireless Lavs for the scenes where Chris is alone, a Sennheiser shotgun mounted on the camera shoe for the segments with the ghost hunters ( didn't have an audio guy along so didn't even bother to bring the boom pole ) The behind the scenes stuff was all shot with the on camera mic on the Sony VX-2100.
The behind the scenes also gives you an idea of the number of people who were in teh area just looking around that day that we had to deal with. It required some judisious framing and setup to keep all the people out of frame. Not the easiest thing to do since we hadn't ahd a chance to scout the locations. There is only one scene where someone unwanted wandered into the frame.
Who's who: On camera Talent was Chris, our male host of the TV show, Chris also does the editing on the show. The redhead in one frame taking pictures near the roadway fissure and the disembodied female voice is Lori, our senior web designer and graphics artist, and on this trip B-Cam operator. I'm the old guy in the gray shrt behind the camera.
Everything was shot with unmodified available light. We had done a couple of setups using a light disk as a fill reflector, but it tended to soften the shadows almost too much in the brighter scenes. We elected to go with the harsher shadows to keep the scenes looking more stark and closer to the actual conditions. For the interviews with the larger group we took advantage of the natural diffusion provided by a large tree to make it a bit easier on the eyes since there was nothing really stark about that particular location.

Not sure if we will even use this in an episode - a lot of the lines are focused on the show, and Chris's persona on the show. The dialog will probably seem to be totally out of place and pointless in this presentation, but would make perfect sense to regular viewers, and continue story lines we've used before, such as Chris hates the sun... Bus stops etc....
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
-Joe-

Post by -Joe- »

Hey LoneMan, I watched your Halluci-nate film and that part with the gorilla playing basketball cracked me up, what song is that in the background? I think I might use it in my movie. Thanks.
nhall

Post by nhall »

Seoul, Korea.