"The White Horse". FULL FILM DOWNLOAD

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Holdios

"The White Horse". FULL FILM DOWNLOAD

Post by Holdios »

I did post this once before. However, it wasn't streaming, and now it is, so I hope more people can enjoy it.
So, I look forward toa lot more feedback since it's easier to watch, so forgive my one bump to get this to the top

"The White Horse" is a movie I made with my friends. It was technically for a school project, but we went above and beyond and made a full blown short film. It follows the story of two robbers who come into contact with two undercover police officers and, after a botched shootout, are forced to question their own humanity. (Also Pulp Fiction inspirations.)

All we had to work with was a DV camcorder. No lights or microphones. The very first couple lines are hard to hear, but other than that, I think we did a pretty good job making up for what we had. There are a few very minor tech glitches that I'm sure many will notice. However, I am aware of them and am not really interested in them. I'm more curious to hear about what you think of the movie on it's own.

Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2198638722
Holdios

Post by Holdios »

I don't mean to be rude, but why does no one want to post feedback on this movie? I posted it once last month and I got 0 posts then too. Almost every other topic on this board has at least a few. Am I doing something wrong?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Firstly, this was an excellent film...the story was just grade-A beautiful and peaced together very well. There were a few flaws though. Here are some of my thoughts:

There are two things you could use some work on...that is continuity and framing.

Many of the dialogue sequences had a bit of continuity between the takes, such as one character might be back against the bench but next cut is leaning foreward...next time you do a production I would suggest getting somebody to do the job of a Script Supervisor, that is watching each take and botching notes of what they did.

You had this whole restaurant to yourselves that was being robbed, the only problem was you could tell it was just the 4 characters there...you should've had some friends pose as extras for that sequence.

The whole Tarrentino Film Noir style does seem a little over-the-top and unoriginal but as it's said, "Everything has been done." and after a while I figured it worked better.

A few moments in the film someone gives off a line then it cuts to the same angle (which you see them move) then they give off their next line...if this ever happens, just redo the shot...also a continuity problem.

Very well with angles...you'll have wide shots, close-ups, and occasionally giving movement to the shots so we don't have still shots the whole dialogue sequences. Although you did break the 180 rule a few times it didn't distract much. The framing seems to be your problem though. At points there will be lots of headroom and at others almost the whole head is cut off.

Near 10:41 you can see something flailing in the picture reflection.

Acting could have used a bit of work...mainly between the two survivors, just some of it didn't seem to flow...the detective just seemed too calm and the robber wasn't very intimidating when telling people what to do.

Wardrobe was good throughout until the very end...it looked like a hot summer day but the officers were wearing coats.

I loved the music selection and dialoge, it was witty and you very logical....using bigger more meaningful words. But when it all came down to piecing the film together it was terrific.

It may be 30 minutes long and a lot of member here can't handle that but if you haven't seen it and are reading this I suggest you take the time and give it a watch.

Great Job!
Holdios

Post by Holdios »

Hey, thanks a lot for the great comment. I really appreciate it.
Could you explain the 180 rule to me? And maybe a little bit more about framing? That's something I don't consider myself very knowledgable about.

Thanks again!
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

An example of where you broke the 180 rule to give you an idea is at mark 11:11, you see how every angle has been on the one side of the table, then all of the sudden it's on the other side. You have to picture a line going right between your actors, every angle must be on one side of that line...here is some more info... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/180_degree_rule

Framing problems you would have is too much head room or too little head room. That's something I can't explain very well but here is another link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds
Holdios

Post by Holdios »

Ok, that stuff makes sense. Thanks again for the comments.

Come, people! Tear apart my movie. I welcome you!
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

will have a look later
Holdios

Post by Holdios »

This will be the only time I bump this to the top. Just in case people missed it.
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

I watched it, all I can say is great, feel a bit sorry for you that no one commented for quite a while on such a good film! Audio and visuals where great and it wasn't just one massive shoot-em up blood everywhere film, I loved it!

And tip: If you want something at the top, I knwo you shouldn't do this, but oh well, post yourself so it bumps it to the top.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Holdios

Post by Holdios »

Thanks for all the comments. You seen it yet Mickar?
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

yeh i saw, it, dialogue was good for the most part , so was acting, but in places it dipped. the filming was good overall aswell. i would have to say that i enjoy films with colour to b/w . The style was very pulp fiction and the first half was almost like a re enactment of the film with different characters etc. also with the cop who like whipped out a cross was really over the top and was just too much. I noticed a couple of tracks from 24 in there too , 'jack at the coliseum' etc wen hes running out the restaurant. Good overall ,i thought the ending was a a bit fast coming because it seemed like you were seting up the situation rather than winding down the movie.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Damn good. I really enjoyed it. Most compliments and criticisms have been said. The acting did slump in a few spots, some of the actors didn't emphasize meaningful lines like they should have. I enjoyed the music and the story very much so. The whole film was overall quite good. It was very refreshing seeing a film like this on Matt Hawkins, gives me hope. lol.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
Holdios

Post by Holdios »

Thanks for the great comments everyone!