Agrenation Short (4mins)

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

GeokesPerson

Agrenation Short (4mins)

Post by GeokesPerson »

Here is the link to Agrenation Re-make:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2&hl=en-GB

Please Comment
Last edited by GeokesPerson on Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
backSlash films/productions

tranZgresion: in post-production

spent brass: in pre-production

mercinary short: in post-production
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Agrenation Short (4mins)

Post by film fanatic »

Okay, my honest opinion? It was awful. Now, please don't take this as me trying to 'get at you' or anything, because I'm not. I think it's fantastic that you're going out and making movies, and believe me, I have made some worse ones than that before now. I wouldn't dream of telling you to stop making them, but also I am going to review it very honestly.

In the main titles, you spelt 'Agrenation' wrong. You put 'Agenation'. Also, there is no such word as Agrenation. The closest word is 'Arenation', which means to apply sand to the body for therapeutic reasons. Did you mean Aggravation?

Too many close ups! I love close ups, but you need to paint a picture of the surroundings before closing in! I could not tell where the characters were!

The characters were, once again, not suitable for the actors. It was the entirely wrong circumstance for children to have guns. I would believe it if they found 'daddy's' gun or something but no way can children be hitmen.

The sound was atrocious. I could barely hear what the characters were saying, and creaks from the camera were all the way through it.

The acting was bad, but I suppose I can't really blame you for that.

What happened? In the end, you didn't really make out the plot properly.

So, in the end, too bad, but keep trying.
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

Right that was completely terrible. , It was slow for the titles and 'a' was on screen for like 5 seconds. The plot. if there was one didnt make sense at all. It was all random people in different places shooting each other, also what was with the ending , just some guy in a bra playing cards ? Acting of course was rubbish but then again your only like 9. I ahd no idea wat was goin on and t was not filmed very well . Also the 'woman' in the movie was obviously a guy cos you jus showed like a wig, so im just sayin theres no point in doing that if all your gona see is like a top. Ahah also one thing i found funny when you taped some random woman walkin down the road and thats supposed to be her.
Any way, seriously you need to all sit down and throw around ideas for a movie/plot then plan everything out including characters and like will you be able to pull off some things etc. And have a vision of what angles etc your gonna use
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

Ok I agree that was pretty afull.From time to time you couldn’t here a thing, the ending was weird you didn’t explain more what was going on. You should really listen to what mickcar73 sead ,set down with you crew and just think everything threw and right the good script this didn’t look like you really thought it the script it looked more like you made it as you where going along. Just think it threw before doing anything.
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

You have a lot of cards in your hand there, are you playing Go Fish...?

The only thing I liked was the gunshot sound, everything else to make sure you know was bad was already said.
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

"Right that was completely terrible. , It was slow for the titles and 'a' was on screen for like 5 seconds. The plot. if there was one didnt make sense at all. It was all random people in different places shooting each other, also what was with the ending , just some guy in a bra playing cards ? Acting of course was rubbish but then again your only like 9. I ahd no idea wat was goin on and t was not filmed very well . Also the 'woman' in the movie was obviously a guy cos you jus showed like a wig, so im just sayin theres no point in doing that if all your gona see is like a top. Ahah also one thing i found funny when you taped some random woman walkin down the road and thats supposed to be her.
Any way, seriously you need to all sit down and throw around ideas for a movie/plot then plan everything out including characters and like will you be able to pull off some things etc. And have a vision of what angles etc your gonna use"

Mickar funny you should say that bit about the woman - it was all the same person - you may not believe me - but it was, it was not a man with a wig, it was a girl / woman thing and we used no ther actors, she was the one walking down the road.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Headless_Duck_Productions

Post by Headless_Duck_Productions »

You couldn't tell what was going on from the camera angles. The camera was very shaky and the lighting was pretty bad. I didn't understand any of plot either.
GeokesPerson

Re: RE: Agrenation Short (4mins)

Post by GeokesPerson »

mickcar73 wrote:Also the 'woman' in the movie was obviously a guy cos you jus showed like a wig, so im just sayin theres no point in doing that if all your gona see is like a top. Ahah also one thing i found funny when you taped some random woman walkin down the road and thats supposed to be her.
She isn't very happy about what you sead.

film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Agrenation Short (4mins)

Post by film fanatic »

*snorts in to mug, laughing*
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

we all knoew that was a little kid with a wig on
GeokesPerson

Post by GeokesPerson »

She really doesn't like that at all!

film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

Okay, seriously guys, calm down. I am sure she is a 'she', even if we couldn't see her face in your film.
GeokesPerson

Post by GeokesPerson »

The reason was we had filmed an extra scene with here in but we didn't show it.

mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

ye can you show us that now?
robosays21

Post by robosays21 »

this film makes me wanna go jump off a skyscraper and catch my eyelid on nail
GeokesPerson

Post by GeokesPerson »

Do that then.

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I watched a couple of seconds and it was boring, hand held is not the way young one. You will realise this and u will grade from a grasshopper.
Last edited by rhys on Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hide or fight for your life?
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Everything has pretty much been said, but i couldnt get ANY of the story, all of the characters were talking so quietly. The way they said their lines sounded like there wasnt a real script, just improvising with a guideline. Which NEVER works unless you are a very talented actor. Next time, plan this out better. Have every word of dialogue to be spoken written out and known by your actors.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
GeokesPerson

Post by GeokesPerson »

I've posted the re-make link!

robosays21

Post by robosays21 »

you changed it? still i have no idea whats going on
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

All the reamke really did is correct the spelling error at the begginging cut a few things and put the audio in the wrong place, yes the scream and shot was when the guy was shuffling the cards, was that meant to be like that, if so it was a bit wierd…
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

The whole thing honestly makes no sense at all. Is there a story? And investing in some external mics would be a good move as well.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Mr.Anderson wrote:The whole thing honestly makes no sense at all. Is there a story? And investing in some external mics would be a good move as well.
Yeah, good move!

Talking about that, I must look into various filming equipment bits and bobs…
thecrowdravin

Post by thecrowdravin »

Did not unerstand it !!!