To Anyone Interested In My Films

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I recently started a film that was going to run almost an hour and started running into technical difficultiesand it was too big of a project to tackle at this moment so I decieded to bag it.

These past couple of weeks I've been contemplating some storylines for my next film. So I've had 3 ideas for 10-20 minute shorts, one, a drama about a paperboy, two, a comedy about a teenager being a housekeeper for a day...everything goes wrong, and finally, a comedy about two kids running away...after long thoughts I came to the conlusion that the next film will be lucky numer 3.

As of this moment the title (which is a working title) is "Goodbye, Syonara!" about Arthur and his dull-witted friend Vinny running away from home. Arthur's parents are constantly fighting and this is his motive...Vinny, just wants an adventure.

I don't want to release any more on it because I want people to see it. This coming month I'll spend hours on script-writing, storyboarding, ect. and will begin filming near the end of August for a release probably early 2007.

Why I'm posting this is I want to know if people find it a good idea, would you enjoy it, does the title work, suggestions, ect.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: To Anyone Interested In My Films

Post by ctbullet »

i read recently on your webiste that you were scraping excluded, bit gutted but i think i can move on

the new project sounds like an interesting idea, a long way away as of yet but we'll see
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: To Anyone Interested In My Films

Post by Jperson »

Reminds me of a project I ditched called Four little feet which was about two children who run-away, but it wasn't a comedy.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: To Anyone Interested In My Films

Post by Kentertainment »

ctbullet wrote:i read recently on your webiste that you were scraping excluded, bit gutted but i think i can move on
Yeah I think mostly the people acting in it were more bummed out than I was. I couldn't seem to get that great of audio...I was thinking ADR but doing that for a 50-60 minute movie would be insane! Plus the entire thing was just starting off too slow, and from experience last summer if you don't get a movie of this size done before school starts...you're screwed.
ProdigyFilmsinc.

RE: Re: RE: To Anyone Interested In My Films

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Sounds good Kenny. Are you going to keep the other ideas in your vault for later or jsut chuck them out?
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Umm, everyone...

Sounds cool so far. My friend was doing something like that (but more serious), I'm not sure what he's doing now. The title sounds great for a comedy.
freed

Post by freed »

6 months of production on 10-20 minute film ?.......
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Re: RE: To Anyone Interested In My Films

Post by Kentertainment »

maj_barnes wrote:
Umm, everyone...
Ah, thanks barnes 8)
freed wrote:6 months of production on 10-20 minute film ?.......
I'm gonna have a buddy of mine do some of the music but with school starting in August we're only going to have the weekends to do music...plus I want it to be good. This time I'm going to actually record it in a studio, likely for free too :)

ProdigyFilmsinc. wrote:Are you going to keep the other ideas in your vault for later or jsut chuck them out?
Likely I'm going to scrap them due to the lack of time...and I can't really keep them in a "vault" when I've already told people.
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Re: RE: Re: RE: To Anyone Interested In My Films

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Kentertainment wrote:I'm gonna have a buddy of mine do some of the music but with school starting in August we're only going to have the weekends to do music...plus I want it to be good. This time I'm going to actually record it in a studio, likely for free too

SpyHop?

When do you plan on starting production?
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: To Anyone Interested In My Films

Post by Lawriejaffa »

I'm not sure about the studio recording Kentertainment? Is that the music your talking about?

Personally i think 6 months is a ridiculous amount of time to spent on one project lasting 10 - 20 mins, (however good you want to make it hehe) but if your learning from it, and setting a low pace so u can learn from it (and your still soo young anyway) then why not :)

Im not totally convinced personally by the ideas for your film yet. The one with the most potential is perhaps the one of the two boys running from home. Thank god "Goodbye, Syonara!" is a working title only tho, (sounds like a bing crosby - bop hope comedy musical lol)

There leaving cos their parents argue? Well K i'd like to know more about that synopsis, but lets not take any half measures with it hehe. Why not push the maturity of yoru story up a little, so for example,

You can always replace parents arguing with something more intense (lets avoid the american teen-fest issue of parental divorce)... just imagine if the mother has terminal cancer... the husband (their father) is struggling to deal with it.

The boys, with noboby to turn to get (as kids do) a little selfish for their feelings, stressed about their mom, while their dad is distant, they just try to get away - away from the hurt (awe)

Now of the 2 kids, they should be contrasting (but if ones merely dimwitted then well... lets raise the bar a little!) make the character contrasts interesting. One good thing to do, is to have each of the characters greatest fear (for their own personalities) represented in the other. A cliche example being one that is effeminate and nerdy the others a uptight jockstrap hehe.

Sure and just imagine, along the way they have tears and laughter, learn about responsibility and the fact there running away from theres by leaving their parents.

Ends with them going back to their overjoyed parents, the kids are gonna be there for em' and likewise (audience goes awe)

Basically this is an 'adult' version of the synopsis you've given, so if ur gonna spend half a year making this goddarn movie, don't make it some cheeso teen comedy BS ;)
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: To Anyone Interested In My Films

Post by Kentertainment »

Lawriejaffa wrote:I'm not sure about the studio recording Kentertainment? Is that the music your talking about?
Yes it is music. The place I'd be recording would allow me to do it for free so why not? I recorded music of "I Want Money" in my basement and on the full quality version it doesn't sound as good as it could.
Personally i think 6 months is a ridiculous amount of time to spent on one project lasting 10 - 20 mins
School starts soon, ergo weekends are my only opportunity to do anything, personally I think getting an education is good...as some do not.
Thank god "Goodbye, Syonara!" is a working title only tho
Suggestions?
There leaving cos their parents argue?
Just wanted to point out that this is in fact one of the main causes in real life.
You can always replace parents arguing with something more intense (lets avoid the american teen-fest issue of parental divorce)... just imagine if the mother has terminal cancer... the husband (their father) is struggling to deal with it.

The boys, with noboby to turn to get (as kids do) a little selfish for their feelings, stressed about their mom, while their dad is distant, they just try to get away - away from the hurt (awe)
I actually like that! I'm taking a lot of what you've said into consideration, thanks Lawrie :wink:

Idea: what of a person (ARTHUR) who just thinks his rules are too strict, curfew is early, ect. That'd drive me insane! I don't want something too serious though because I want to maintain the comcial-ness of the film.