Random fight

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Random fight

Post by rhys »

Hey once again, my cousins (jordan, emily and rachel) and i got bored so we decided to make a fight scene. I realise it is bad, and that my shirt dramatically changes, and that i get shot by a 9 year old, but it was to fill in time and all any one is talking about on this website lately is about cardboard and war. Here is something random for u guys to talk about.
Note: We didnt try at all, and if i did, it would be difforent.
PS i watched it then and laughed alot, so u can join in also....
Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWSyfCIhXw
Hide or fight for your life?
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jimbobsquarepants »

that wasnt too bad.....but the continuity was awful. can i recomend that you use some punching or "swoosh" sound effects it maks it better trust me.

and one more thing do you live in america?
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Uh....... My location is specifically says Victoria, Australia. In other words, i live in australia.
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

Ouu kid i just "love" all of your moives/clips, they make me laugh everytime i see them :D.Dont post cr** here that you thing is cool people are just laughing at you and you get no respect at all.And i am not talking about this one i meant all of the "movies" you made, I watched them all before i joined here.Listed i made a topic about a movie some of my frends made thinking it was cool,...But it was not belive me here is the link to the thread just read everything and watch the clip the link to you tube is somehere there.
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

:spam: Hey dicko or w.e your name is. He just SAID, "Join in laughing"!!!! Theres no reason to be such a complete jerk to him. If you where as mature as you think you would have told him how to make it better. so just shut the pie hole.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

that was alright, fun to watch

did it take you the entire day to film that because i noticed it was pitch black by the end,

i'd start at an earlier time in future to take adavantage of the daylight,

and yes please add some sound effects then you'll be sorted
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

Hey Justin!butTcher or w.e your name is. I know he made it "just for laughs" but also everything else he made, made me and I know everyone here just laughing and I don’t think I am mature.
Also everyone else here is just saying "ok that was good better then the last one" and he did it in the same crappy way. Your the (am not talking directly to you I mean everyone here in general) to blame here you gave him petty sympathy he thinks he made something good, but he dident.Well I don’t know about him but I hate when someone gives me petty sympathy I just to proud, ether tell me what you really think about my movie or don’t say anything at all.
Ha-ha listen to me wtf I my arguing with you hahah listen sorry rhys for being a jerk to you I think you really made a funny movie/clip I am just laughing, cant wait for Vinsore so I can just laugh some more.
[url=http://www.mfbb.net/mongoloidbitche/mongoloidbitche.html][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6712/mbgif2mq0.gif[/img][/url]
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

We didnt try at all, and if i did, it would be difforent.
okay....whats the point of making a movie no matter how short....if you dont try at all...?
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

That was better than some of the others you've made. Again, if you're going to take the time to add in gunshot sounds why not add in fight sounds while you're at it? I'm still waiting for a full length movie from you. If you decide to keep doing these fight scenes, do a little more work on your editing. Good luck.
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

The only thing I like was when the guy was getting punched in the face near the fence because you could hear his head hitting it.

I didn't like anything else about it, the fact that nobody's bullet ever hit him, how it turned really dark at the end, the shot of the knife with blood on it, bumping into somebody in a backyard then killing him for it, no sound FX for the kick/punches, the bad acting, and the music that didn't match it at all, just to name a few.

Since your quick movies are crappy (I mean how you "didn't try") At least make them really corny like a Troma film. Have blood squirting everywhere, and make it a fight over something stupid, even though you sorta got that down, to make it funnier.
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Yeah it was a bit random, the fighting wasn't great, but then it wasn't meant to be great, i don't think... But what was slightly wierd, was that it was all so unrealistic, then you got the guns firing, which where really pretty realistic.

P.S. I can't do the gun flashes on my movie editor, how do you do them?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

this site is fully loaded with a search button
Jimbobsquarepants
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jimbobsquarepants »

er, what editor do you have. prmiere? windows movie maker? final cut?
Metronome

Post by Metronome »

Girl falls off house-dies
Man jumps off house- lives.
:?:
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

^uh... there sorta IS a difference between falling and jumping you do know? cos you see, someone comes off a balcony unprepared, lands on back or possibly neck. the rhys jumps off balcony prepared/on purpose. i mean yeh she prob wouldnt have died but shed be worse off.

anyway, about the "fight scene"... im not gonna really comment on it cos as you said you didnt try and you know it sucked so i dont need to give you criticism.
ill upload a "fight scene" soon that we made when rhys was over here, we spent time on this one.

oh and dicko, if you hate seeing cr** films on here, dont just rave on about how f*** terrible it is, its not gonna get any better unless you tell people how to improve. youve got the same problem as aaronv2
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

most rediculous waste of internet video ever... and its not just you. look at youtube and myspace.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

@Zac first it is MR.DJOKICKO to you and second I don’t hate seeing cr** films as the mater of fact I love it they make me laugh. I cant give him a advice how not to suck .Also I cant tell him what part to change he need to change the entire film, and why do I have the same problem as aaronv2,just because we think someone sucks and tell him to his face? If your not being direct, people WILL never learn just watch all of his clips for god sake.BTW I already told him i was sorry for being a “jerk”, I don’t care let him make more movies ill just have something to laugh at.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I know this was "just for fun" but here is my suggestion. The next time you have free time on your hands watch a great action flick and study camera angles and the editing in a fight sequence. With just a fixed tripod shot you're not going to get the same mood as a handheld as well as really slow cuts. There is a problem I used to have with filmmaking that I can see you doing and that is...you follow ever persons movement.

<i>Example:
The scene requires a person to go to the curb and take out the trash, in doing so a drunk driver comes by nearly hitting him...bewildered, the person goes to lie down.

Generally here what I'm talking about, you'd probably show the person walking back from taking the trash out, then cut to inside their house, then cut to the hallway, then finally to their room. In reality you only need to cut from the car almost hitting the person to the person lying on the bed.</i>

I'm pointing this out to a shot where the two "fighters" run through a kitchen and up some stairs...and she was also 3 feet behind him which <i>did</i> make it unbelievable.

...And Djokicko that is how you give advice not to suck...you should at least make an attempt to help.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

HAHAHAHA! Yeah i never really have fully tried, because all of the freakin actors i work with suck. Or there alright, but they dont stop acting like a complete f**k, or they have to leave less than half way through. Yes and when i want to do something it becomes either extremely expensive, hard, timeworthy, brakable (like punching a hole through a wall), unsafe, or the angles just dont work for it. I knew that sucked big time, because we didnt try, for the fact that we had a 9 yr old actor who wanted to shoot people and wouldnt do the normal childish things and that these people had no experience what so ever, i wasnt going to use it for anything important, they had to leave soon, we had to film quickly and i honestly couldnt be bothered acting angry or anything like that.
You remind me of that alien nerd of animorphs from ur pic Djokicko and u look like a wayne ker. I realise there not good and i said that, but your saying what i already know, like zac said your like arronv2, but even worse. No offence to arronv2 though, hes getting less evil. For gods sake, your not getting anyones respect. I will try sometime really hard.
And the movie me and zac made is alright i guess, but it didnt turn out how i wanted and i wont be using that video for anything.
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

rhys wrote:HAHAHAHA! Yeah i never really have fully tried
Remind me not to watch your tests until you do.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

rhys wrote:when i want to do something it becomes either extremely expensive, hard, timeworthy, brakable (like punching a hole through a wall), unsafe, or the angles just dont work for it.
Have you ever considered making a film that is in your limits...doesn't require special effects, no fights, just a film that has everyday life conflict? Consider it.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Yeah. Cant do action forever. It gets repetitive...quick. For a future movie, focus on your story and script more than fight coreography. Simplicity can be a very good thing if done well.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
Djokicko

Post by Djokicko »

rhys wrote:You remind me of that alien nerd of animorphs from ur pic Djokicko and u look like a wayne ker..
Now your being a jerk to me I already seed I was sorry and now you’re making fun of my appearance, so childish ouuu yeah btw don’t judge people by there AVATAR, for the record that’s now even me that’s my friend. :roll:
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

Rhys, if you keep doing fight scenes, which I don't reccommend, shoot in a different location. I'm a little sick of the backyard and the trampoline and falling off of your deck.
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Why don't you just admit you tried. Don't say you didn't because people didn't like it.