"The Irish Piano" Teaser Trailer---PLEASE WATCH

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TroubledCobraStudios

"The Irish Piano" Teaser Trailer---PLEASE WATCH

Post by TroubledCobraStudios »

hey everyone. i was on these forums maybe two years ago and then didnt visit here for a while. i forgot my old password/screenname so i created a new one. anyway, this is a little teaser i threw together of a film me and some friends are making for a local film festival. Its called "The Irish Piano" and its really just an excse to have fun. dont ask me to explain the plot, as it may be hard to understand...at least right now, even for me. we're basically making a The Transporter meets Pulp Fiction...thats how i can describe it.

here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io5CrROcXD8

please comment on it. just keep in mind it was just someting quick that i threw together for people to see.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: "The Irish Piano" Teaser Trailer---PLEASE WATC

Post by Magic-Man »

Hey, im loving the metallica song battery. The trailer didn't really explain much about the film, it just seemed like a bunch of clips with guys holding guns. Wasn't bad tho, also maybe make it a bit shorter and have a variety of shots, make it meaningful so it will stick in the viewers head. I am not sure if i liked the sudden change in music at the end, but i did like the text.
TroubledCobraStudios

it was just supposed to be a teaser trailer, but im totally understanding what you're saying.
www.freewebs.com/troubledcobrastudios
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I can certainly see some heavy influences by major directors in the trailer, and wouldn't necessarily call that a good thing. Not that I don't think using styling cues from well recognized movies is a bad thing, but outright copying them is. The pace carried well for a trailer through to the end, but the sudden music change was odd, and Carmina Burana just didn't fit with the theme you'd already established (not to mention being way to over-used, that song is becoming the new Clubbed to Death of the amateur film-making world). And how many times can these dudes point their guns right at each others faces without getting shot!? Overall, a good effort, but room for improvement. (I'll never really judge a movie by it's trailer anyway, I'm terrible at editing trailers...)
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
TroubledCobraStudios

thanks for your input

and i know that Carmina Burana is used way to often. i just threw it in there for fun :D

i can see what you mean about copying other directors and stuff. but this movie is basically supposed to be our tribute to those various movies that we love and cherish. i should have an actual trailer up sometime in august that shows more of the movie, and not just guys pointing guns at each other! seeing as how...thats most of what we had shot so far when i made it.
ra2929

Post by ra2929 »

Okay, when there's no dialogue clips I see "Poor Man's Tarranatino." Does it have a script? Try an anouncers voice. Set the action up in the teaser so people go "That's interesting. I want to see it." Very true: Guys with guns fighting over a stack of money. Nothing new. When you make a movie, you should have something profound to say with it. Ever seen "Boondock Saints?" If not you should. I didn't agree with some of the message in that movie, but all the same, the message was there. What's your message?
"How I learned to stop worrying and LOVE THE BOMB!"
TroubledCobraStudios

heh...im getting an overall feeling of negativity about this...which is good! helps me grow...a little criticism never hurt anyone...at least...i hope not...
TroubledCobraStudios

anyone else? somebody had to have watched it....
darrigaz

Post by darrigaz »

It looks like what it is, an amateur film. That sounds very insulting but it's not that bad. Looks ok and I like the suited guys and the sense of mystery you set up. Get better looking guns though. Those look so toy like.
----------------------------------------------
WOOT SIGAGE!!!
Yeh ....... It's really not that exciting after all
chris661

Post by chris661 »

what is the song at the end please?
[img]http://www.psychoholiday.com/sigs/psychosig11.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.psychoholiday.com/]PsychoHoliday.com[/url]
TroubledCobraStudios

the song at the end is "Misirlou" By Dick Dale and the Dell-Tones. its the song that everyone remembers from Pulp Fiction.
chris661

Post by chris661 »

thanks mate :mosh:
[img]http://www.psychoholiday.com/sigs/psychosig11.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.psychoholiday.com/]PsychoHoliday.com[/url]