Out crazy-ing Ornsack!

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Out crazy-ing Ornsack!

Post by SgtPadrino »

Well, we didn't consciously try to out crazy Ornsack, but we might have done it sub-consciously. Basically we just wanted to relax and make a fun little movie where we didn't have to worry about props, location, or great cinematography. So we made a movie about a couple of friends who can't seem to stop getting even with each other. It ends with a highlander battle and a montage that hopefully shows why it's so goshdarn pleasant to live around here in the summer. Some stills:

Download link (sorry bout the crappy .wmv compression, otherwise nobody would watch it):

http://video.google.com/videouploadfini ... k9ORVM.wmv

And we did finish the Insomniac, expect that up in a few days (WTF WE FINISHED A MOVIE!?)
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Out crazy-ing Ornsack!

Post by UFProductions »

Despite what you say I found the cinematography was pretty damn impressive for a "just fooling around" video, I especially liked the shots with the Micro-Machine. Funny too, great job. Music choice was awesome as well, I love "Polaris", fit the scene perfectly (also had me in a mad fit for about three minutes while searching my iTunes library for that song; couldn't get it out of my head after hearing it, nor remember the title. Not a pretty combination). And from what I can tell your hometown and my hometown are practically interchangable (at least this time of year). Cool.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

it was okay i guess, the cinematography was good like uf productions said for a 'foolin around' but i thought that it was just very over drawn , especially for like the last 3 mins of just random shots. Also there wasnt really a good story , even though i know it was a mess around thing about some guys hitting each other over and over again , it just didnt hold my interest if it is just random stuff and no build up, it just skipped from place to place . But then again thats what your title of the movie tells the viewer that its random etc
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Will have to watch in the morning but I like the sound of it (nothing to do with the name drop ;) )
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Well, a random collection of shots is what a montage is :) Just wanted to show how nice it is in Iowa during the summer, that's all.

And that actually isn't my hometown - I live across the state :D
freed

Post by freed »

Nah i didn't like it.

You need to remember when your making this type of film, you have to get your audience settled, in and out, don't leave them hanging around.

You main problem here the pacing The film wasn't quick, cheecky or sly or remotley funny, it was just long drawn out boring shots, which you really need to cut back on if you want a more edgie type of film.

And as another user pointed out.

The montage sucked.

that music was annoying and made the whole begginning drag on way too long, Maybe have something with a bit more rhytehm, a bit more pace.
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Heh, we won't going for an edgy movie. We weren't even making it for the scrutiny of others. Like I said before, we just wanted to do something that was fun and relaxing, which was exactly what it was. Just figured a few people on here might get a kick out of it.

As for the music being annoying, that's just personal preference. I think it looks fine, so that's the way it stays :P
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I liked it! Was a bit different which is something I'm always after. Genuinely LOL'd a couple of times too.

Plus it put be back in a summery mood. We haven't had any sun for days, just humidness. It's horrible.

Some really nice shots in there, as forementioned.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
freed

Post by freed »

Ornsack. damn it, your just too polite. You and I both know you wasw dissapointed with this cr**. Especially since he's associating this with your work and your name. I'd be ashamed of this guy marketing ploy here.
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Reasoning with you seems to be pointless, so I won't bother.

Glad you liked it, Ornsack :)
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

What in the world just happened?! Haaha! I quite liked the crazy little flick there. I've always been a fan of your cinematography Sgt, whether it's half aced or not. Really though, this film just makes me want to run to the store and buy some Jone's Soda, that stuff is really good. Props! And keep up the good work.
@seanbagley
freed

Re: RE: Out crazy-ing Ornsack!

Post by freed »

SgtPadrino wrote:Reasoning with you seems to be pointless, so I won't bother.

Don't be bitter becuase I didn't like this film.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: Out crazy-ing Ornsack!

Post by Gyro »

Freed, try to suck less.

Note, I did actually buy myself a Jone's Soda, was worth it.
@seanbagley
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Don't remind me... haven't had a Jones in weeks, the withdrawal's killing me.

Freed, I don't care that you didn't like the movie. I really don't. It's your opinion, whatever that's fine. I just don't like you being so damned persistent about the whole "I'm proud to be an a-hole" thing.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Drinking out of the same cup, licking hammers, sharing food after it's been in a mouth, that's how people get AIDS! I enjoyed it, it was something I didn't have to think about much. I wasn't really getting into it until the sharp crying noise of the car burning. It gave me quite a few laughs, especially the bb gun battle. It didn't seem to be like your other films, firstly because it was a comedy and not a thriller/action genre and secondly, there was no color correction (but like you said, you did it on purpose).

It was weird though, do to my diabeticness I very seldomly have Jones soda, but Jones soda is the best (Blue Bubble Gum being my fav) and this past week I have had quite a bit of it. Then I see this and now I want more!
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Thanks Kenny. I guess you're lucky that the sugar-free Jones doesn't taste like shampoo then ;)