Another little war skit

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Another little war skit

Post by Magic-Man »

Hey, this is literally a 9 second clip (i will do a full film sometime) just testing out some stuff. Tell me what you think. It would be a lot better with recoil on the gun but frankly, i couldn't really be bothered :)

Click here to watch War-Clip

Cheers
ProdigyFilmsinc.

RE: Another little war skit

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Looked realy good. THe only thing I saw were the bullets flying past the screen. I wold just drop those. The pistol recoil was,.....iffy but hey, not many guys have shot one so, great joob. 8:10.
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

What do you mean? I had no recoil on the gun, the gun is a cheap, plastic 007 toy one. What do you mean not many guys have shot one?

Cheers for the reply
ra2929

Post by ra2929 »

LMAO. That rocked. I don't see anything wrong with it as a test shoot. Every bit of FX was well used. Not too little not too much. And I near had a heart attack, laughing at the way the soldiers stand upright while taking heavy fire. Keep it up.
"How I learned to stop worrying and LOVE THE BOMB!"
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Re: RE: Another little war skit

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Magic-Man wrote:What do you mean? I had no recoil on the gun, the gun is a cheap, plastic 007 toy one. What do you mean not many guys have shot one?

Cheers for the reply
I meant when he recoils back with the pistol. A pistol recoils up. Not many people have shot a pistol so they wouldn't know how it recoils. Good job with the effects though, I just thought that the bullets streaming past looked to 2-D. Thats jsut my opinion though.
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Another little war skit

Post by Magic-Man »

Ah ok, i actually meant the blowback of the chamber as the recoil buti know what you mean.
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

The only thing that bothered me were the tracer rounds, and the lack of variety in the muzzle flashes from the AK. Other than those minor quibbles, its a good job.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

at the mo, i am building up my collection of muzzle flashes so i have many different ones. Are there any other ways in which i can make it better?
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

dude that was great I wanna watch 50 more times but no time the first guy got knocked the beep out!! I loved it just didnt like how slow the pistol guy was at realoading and werent taking cover.but that was good
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

that was entertaining to watch, i've been trying for a while to get half decsent tracers on camera, but still struggeling, what did you do?

i am also looking for smoke stock footage for barrel ejection rather than having muzzle flashes everywhere, any ideas?
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

ProdigyFilmsinc. wrote:
Magic-Man wrote:What do you mean? I had no recoil on the gun, the gun is a cheap, plastic 007 toy one. What do you mean not many guys have shot one?

Cheers for the reply
I meant when he recoils back with the pistol. A pistol recoils up. Not many people have shot a pistol so they wouldn't know how it recoils. Good job with the effects though, I just thought that the bullets streaming past looked to 2-D. Thats jsut my opinion though.
The recoil would go up and left, as the shell casing coming out of the ejection port makes it twist.
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: RE: Another little war skit

Post by Magic-Man »

ctbullet wrote:that was entertaining to watch, i've been trying for a while to get half decsent tracers on camera, but still struggeling, what did you do?

i am also looking for smoke stock footage for barrel ejection rather than having muzzle flashes everywhere, any ideas?
I made the tracers in photoshop and keyframed them past the screen. For stock footage, check out detonation films, oh and for the record, the pistol guy is me :)
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

may i ask what you filmed it on? cause i really liked that....
TroubledCobraStudios

Post by TroubledCobraStudios »

that was pretty awesome. better then some hollywood war movies :D

and to second what Zacatac927 said, what did you use to film it, because it looks really, really good.
www.freewebs.com/troubledcobrastudios
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Yeah, the effects are pretty damn impressive. I gotta' ask, what editing software? As to the comment on building up a supply of muzzle flashes; my sugestion is don't. Practice painting them by hand in Photoshop. That way it'll always look exactly like you want it to, and no two will ever be the same! Great work, keep it up.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

My only critiques... be careful with the post-production camera movement because you are moving the entire letterbox! The tracer flashes should not exist longer than a single frame at the speed they are going. As long as you kept them visible made it seem like additional rain. Also, keep in mind that tracers are basically burning magnesium rounds and will appear quite bright even in daylight. The muzzle flashes aren't perfectly lined up and was obvious the second time I watched it. The image is squashed.

The smoke was a nice touch and I enjoyed it. The weather actually made the lighting perfect. Keep up the good work.
ZombieKrieg2005 wrote:The recoil would go up and left, as the shell casing coming out of the ejection port makes it twist.
Unless you're the Terminator.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

Yep, i do realise about the letter box. I put on the letter box, and then camera shake which was a big mistake as i never do that and yea, i need to update my tracer footage. I made it a while back and just overlayed it on the clip, so i will change that. I don't quite know what you mean about the image being sqaushed. Do you mean like i stretched it into 16:9? Thanks for all the advice tho, cheers.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

The image is squashed... can't you see how the character's faces seem flattened out? Almost like you cropped the frame for 16:9 and then cropped it again for the export resulting in a squashed looking image.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

ye, it was the way i exported it and compressed it. I will export it in 16:9 in the future. For this clip i exported it 4:3, then compressed it in 16:9 which would have squashed it