Patrol

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Patrol

Post by Zacatac927 »

Hey this is my latest film... Filmed Saturday and sunday and put together over sun, mon and done today....
things i did:

applied lots of film filters (magic bullet is my new good friend)

ok things i know are wrong:

ok so there uniforms aren't exactly correct and i know the american has an MP40 (well i could start a story behind that though)

i also know the german has no pants

but watch it and tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J-S26p_8wc

and its loud in the beggining right when it says a ZAC CROSBY FILM so be ready to turn your speakers down if you have them up
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Patrol

Post by ctbullet »

few pointers/ questions

1. quiten down the zac crosby title music, not difficult
2. why is an americna patrolling by himself
3. the actor has no clue about field tactics or movements ( i suppose he is american)
4. the fight/ grip of the rifle as soon as he sees the sniper was pitiful, i didn't believe it...
5. the pointing of the guns at each other was held waaaaayyyy too long
6. i know he had an Mp40, but where was the muzzle

right, now i've got all the bitchiness out the way, i did like

1. the editing
2. the soundtrack
3. the cineamatography

i want to see some more, take what i've said with a pinch of salt and keep trying, it was entertaining
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Bocca

Post by Bocca »

i liked the idea, and the writing at the end.

the music was pretty good - where'd you get that?

the fight was pretty poor. A soldier would have to be tough and pretty strong, and would have had basic CQC & H2H training.
Also the roll looked a little too forced.

I liked the standoff, but it seemed to drag on for a bit, and i had to rewind 3 times to workout what happened lol,

The costumes were good, the cinematography and angles were nice and the editing was tight clean, gj
Formerly Jowka

"If people looked at the stars every night, I bet they'd live differently"
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

That was really good, I liked it. I only have two major problems:
1. That has to be THE WORST sniper in THE WORLD. 5 shots, and didnt hit anything. Hell, he was even just walking in the begining and he couldn't hit him. Pathetic.
2.The information at the end was very forced to say the least. War movies don't always need things like that at the end.

I really enjoyed the music. And personally, I liked that standoff between the two. Only thing it needed was closeups of their faces.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

well this was a school project so the stuff at the end was needed to show a point.... yes the fight scene i had problems with that and no time to reshoot

yes the sniper is crappy.... i wanted him to hit the helmet but i couldn't move the helmet to simiulate that

it is caprtured territory so in reality the american has no problem the sniper snuck in
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
redlightoncamera

Post by redlightoncamera »

The camera was wayyy to shaking in some scenes..

Otherwise it is pretty good..

One other question how did you get your bars not a thick as 16:9? Did you crop your shots into 4:3 or something?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I only saw couple seconds of it due to no attention span.

The camera should have been much closer to the guy when filming him, it has a better feel than a "shot" of whats going on around the guy, unless theres a bunch of people.

Also use $15 for the cheap handycam, sure its 3 metal abr sbut it works a lot better than your hands.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

The opening graphics were most definately a little too intense for me. I like the leggings on the soldier, but if there's anyway you could get him the right colored t-shirt to wear underneath his jacket, that'd be great. Overall the cinematography was good and the editing, although lagging in some transitions was tight throughout. The German's costume needs some work. The fight scene was slightly unconvincing but the music choice made up for that aspect. I enjoyed watching and hope to see some future work from you.
@seanbagley
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Yeah, the guy didnt seem like he knew much about staying alive. When he goes down and tries to get the gun and gets thrown off, it looked like the air moved him rather than the guy. The fight was a little lame, and in some of the shots you could see the red tip on the gun. The gun was extemely fake when he slides in and stuff, it seemed like a peice of plastic. The filming was extremely shakey and it seemed like some of the angles were to show that some one was from behind the tree. There was very little emotion in it. The slow motion was lagged for way too long.

Now for the good side of it:
It had a good soundtrack.
It had a pretty good story.
It had good costumes.
It had a good location.

Try a little harder on the small things and dont rush the filming and editing. Oh yeah, and dont think that this is supposedly to get you back, you havent done anything.
Hide or fight for your life?
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

hah... its kinda funny rhys your the only one to not like my cinematography.... ok well the stedicam i had broke on the trip up so the wieght had to go a bit high and it made it not as good as it could have been

thanks for the music pros.... alot ofpeople hated thati did it... but i felt it conveyed the right emotion.... i also shortened the last slowmo clip to make up for the lagging

and rhys you say it had no emoton when my friend dhowed it to this girl who had come back from iraq and was a little "disturbed" from what he saw and did..... she was in pratically tears..... so yah
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927