"Shattered" New film from Escape Films

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

HOLY SHIZ!!! Shut up, the both of you!
@seanbagley
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

gosh
Last edited by CaptainAmerica on Wed May 31, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Well when everyone is saying that the movie is bad, then one of your best friends start saying they know so much about a camera they HAVE NEVER FILMED WITH!
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

CaptainAmerica wrote:Well when everyone is saying that the movie is bad, then one of your best friends start saying they know so much about a camera they HAVE NEVER FILMED WITH!
I don't have to use a camera to know about white balance.

And don't tell me to shut up! I'm just proving a point that in the world of art (which filmmaking is) criticism is a major factor. I never said I hated this movie, it provides entertainment, I just said I THINK you needed to work on the white balance a bit.

I'm sorry that I have opinion. Maybe I should move to North Korea.
Last edited by Kentertainment on Wed May 31, 2006 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

I never said to shut up, and you can do what ever you want.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Today, on May 31st... two thousand and six... the tremendous trio... is no more.
@seanbagley
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Save us! All for one! and...?
@seanbagley
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Kentertainment wrote: 'm sorry that I have opinion. Maybe I should move to Korea.
I have opinion to, so don't get mad at me.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

*Hint* Kenny say "One for all!" *Hint*
@seanbagley
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

is this an inside joke, i suppose its a lover tiff, kiss and make up....

or is it not a tiff, or does this movie really suck- i doubt that
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

What the heck?
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

I know, init
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

what!?!
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Dude... I quit, at life... if Kenny isn't my friend, there's no point in living!
@seanbagley
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

What in the world! I just gave him my thoughts. It's the end of the world that I gave a critique on an amateur filmmaking forum where you are encouraged to critique films.

No Ctbullet this isn't an inside joke, I just gave Captain some thoughts on improvment and he's flipping out because I was honest and didn't say, "I thought it was the best thing since cars!"
Last edited by Kentertainment on Wed May 31, 2006 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

oh right a la schwing
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

All I said kenny is that you have never said anythign good about my movies, and I'm not freaking out and when was the last time you told sean that his movie was bad. You seem to always be nice to sean about his films but when it comes to my films, it could be better and you need to fix this and this....and you never say anything to sean. All I'm saying is can you for one time be nice. Thats all I was saying.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Matt, I don't know anything about the DVX, so I am not gonna go there with the white balance and exposure, but I thought it was great. A few things that could be better but nothing that took away from the film. Good ob. Now, lighten up on Kenny a little. He does tell Sean things about his movies. Maybe not on this forum but he does tell him.
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

CaptainAmerica wrote:when was the last time you told sean that his movie was bad. You seem to always be nice to sean about his films but when it comes to my films, it could be better and you need to fix this and this....and you never say anything to sean. All I'm saying is can you for one time be nice. Thats all I was saying.
I never said you're movie was bad, did your ever read the words bad? I gave a critique on what you can do better at next time. I thought maybe if I posted the things I thought weren't the greatest you would figure that the rest of it I thought was good.

The reason I'm never saying anything about Seans movies is because, hmm, lets see...the last full movie he actually posted was Forgotten in 2004 as opposed to trailers. I'm constantly pointing faults out to Sean when he is editing and he goes in and fix's them.

For one time can I be nice? *look below*
CaptainAmerica wrote:I didn't like CoD I thought it could of been a lot lot better.
You think it could be a lot better....how? You never told me, Give me some critique!

look at this...

From The Letter
http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/view ... highlight=
Kentertainment wrote:it was a good flick
or

From Electro
http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/view ... highlight=
Kentertainment wrote:I love it! Great cinematography and that fight scene in the kitchen is intense.
This means, I'm not a jerk, I have said good on your films. Here I am looking like a bad guy because I just wanted to help.

I'm done.
joe

Post by joe »

Guys, this sounds like a catfight, it's getting pretty ridiculous. As for the film, there were some obvious problems. The exposure was pretty underexposed at times and overexposed at other times. Now, it didn't seem to me that it was an artistic choice, but rather one of ignorance on the part of the cinematographer. But hey, no big deal, we live and learn. Just work on that for the next film. Secondly, you are complaining because K never says anything 'nice' about your films. Well, personally, I believe that the nicest thing he can say is the truth. If he just candycoats all of his criticisms, how will you ever grow as a filmmaker? Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. Personally, I can't remember all of my ideas about the film, because I watched it a couple of weeks ago, but I remember a couple things: the fighting looked fake in many parts to me. The punches and kicks didn't seem to have any real force behind them. The angles of some of the shots contributed to the fakery. Remember that for a fight scene, the cinematography needs to be tightly controlled to manipulate the audiences mind into thinking that the fighting is actually real. Also, the sound effects all sounded very very similar, quite a lot like a hacky sack being hit over and over. In the future, it would be helpful to have more variety in your sounds as a punch and kick wouldn't have exactly the same sound. The problems with the exposure have already been mentioned. The shooting looked rushed in other parts than the fighting, as well. Take your time to shoot how you really want it, it'll be worth it in the end. A lot of the shots ended up shaky and ill prepared if I remember correctly. The music sounded good and lent some decent emotion to some of the scenes, but I'm quite against this in most cases. To me, snaking music from someone else's film is like plagiarism; presenting it as your own. But, of course, I understand its not always available to get your own music made. Oh, a note on the direction that I remember: while the guy was in the field, and he was saying sorry that he was going to have to shoot the other guy, it seems to me that he wasn't really that sorry because he shot him multiple times. That made it seem to me to be very malicious. Which, I understand the man may feel because his girl was murdered, but then wouldn't he want to make the man know that he really enjoyed killing him? Anyways, that's about all that I can remember right now. Just don't take criticisms too harshly, and always remember to apply them to make your next film better and I bet you will grow as a filmmaker much more quickly and smoothly. Cheers bro.

Joe
Lemonus
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

Well, I really liked and enjoyed it, and I'm stealing the bit where the guy opens the door and the hero flat out punches him in the face, coz i literally punched the air at that bit.
You can't please everyone, but you got a fair amount of people on this thread who really liked it, so I wouldn't worry about the naysayers.

So yeah, good flick

x
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Sorry Kenny.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

lol the reason 'kenny' doesnt give 'sean' bad crit is probably cos gyro FREAKS out when anything bad is said lol!

Anyway Capt.America, maybe u guys go to the same highschool or know each other outside the forum (i get that impression :) so really regarding criticism, its important to know how to accept it, heres some tips :)

Always remember its just another persons opinion, and they probably dont even really believe their own opinion anyway! At film school we have crits that are devastating with some grown guys looking like their either about to explode or burst into tears, with some of the stuff lecturers throw at them.

I quote what one guy got said about his work by a senior lecturer,
'there was not one redeeming quality in that work' - hell man, the film took that student 2 months to make! lol

Anyway, unless ur also getting crit from steven spielberg capt'America, take whatever folks say, cos u gotta kind critically review in ur head, the quality of the opinions u get. If ur getting crit from highschool kids (no offence to any who are) then thats a big difference than taking ur short film and asking (or grovelling) to a film professional, or video-ographer, or film lecturer (practical or theory!) for what they thought.

Cos these guys arent impossible to talk too or find :)