Essex Psycho - Trailer (rough version)

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

PHILIE-T

Essex Psycho - Trailer (rough version)

Post by PHILIE-T »

Have a little look.. Quicktime 7.. 3.8 meg.. swear words on the screen GOSH.

http://www.chelmsfordfilmsociety.com/es ... railer.mov
NoRemorse

RE: Essex Psycho - Trailer (rough version)

Post by NoRemorse »

Um...yeah, is there any deeper meaning to your film? Any point your trying to make? Or is it just an excuse for you to shoot the most grotesque and sickening things you can think of?
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
Bocca

Post by Bocca »

The effects were good...but what the hell?!

Shooting babies, point blanc with a shotgun?! Thats screwed up...

Is it just mindless violence or is there a point?
Formerly Jowka

"If people looked at the stars every night, I bet they'd live differently"
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

WOW.. i like the effects, but this is to much. Where do you get this stuff?!? COME ON A BABY!
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
PHILIE-T

Re: RE: Essex Psycho - Trailer (rough version)

Post by PHILIE-T »

NoRemorse wrote:Um...yeah, is there any deeper meaning to your film? Any point your trying to make? Or is it just an excuse for you to shoot the most grotesque and sickening things you can think of?
Its the story of one man escaping from a mental home and having a psychotic episode...He go's insane and starts killing Anyone and everyone.. No one can stop him...

Please, this is a very very serious film. Regarding peoples mental states and how living in a fantasy world can cause such mindless acts of violance.

If you think this is sick.. Check out the Iraq war.
Bocca

RE: Re: RE: Essex Psycho - Trailer (rough version)

Post by Bocca »

Is there a part which explains what mental illness this guy has, the effects, medication etc.?

because i think the trailer just seemed a little random as some guy in a balaclave went round shooting babies and stabbing people...
Formerly Jowka

PHILIE-T

Re: RE: Re: RE: Essex Psycho - Trailer (rough version)

Post by PHILIE-T »

Bocca wrote:Is there a part which explains what mental illness this guy has, the effects, medication etc.?

because i think the trailer just seemed a little random as some guy in a balaclave went round shooting babies and stabbing people...
Sorry i should have explained.. this trailer was a really rough peice put together in a real hurry. Im going to put together a much better one which explains clearly his motivation...

You dont often see films where its a murderer who is the anti-hero... I guess most people will probably hate this film..

O well!!!
Bocca

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Essex Psycho - Trailer (rough version)

Post by Bocca »

ahhh, now that makes much more sense.

I couldnt understand what was going on apart from all the killing, now it makes sense and i look forward to seeing the whole thing...it sounds quite controversial
Formerly Jowka

justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

PHILIE-T wrote:

Dear God I hate people like you.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

lol what can i say this actually looks great haha, is this trailer been shot on film or video etc?

In fact this film probably has really big commerical potential in my mind as well, so long as u keep the body count incredible.

Talk to me on msn Philie-T if u get a chance, theres somethings i could maybe offer that would perhaps help a little?
PHILIE-T

Post by PHILIE-T »

justin!butcher wrote:
PHILIE-T wrote:

Dear God I hate people like you.
too much hate in the world brother!!

come here and give me a big sloppy kiss
PHILIE-T

Re: RE: Re: RE: Essex Psycho - Trailer (rough version)

Post by PHILIE-T »

Lawriejaffa wrote:lol what can i say this actually looks great haha, is this trailer been shot on film or video etc?

In fact this film probably has really big commerical potential in my mind as well, so long as u keep the body count incredible.

Talk to me on msn Philie-T if u get a chance, theres somethings i could maybe offer that would perhaps help a little?
hey Lawrie, cheers for the kind words! Yeah massive body count is the idea...Basicly as brutal as possible but fun with it.. (dont want it to be a real depressing film..just non-stop like Evil Dead 2 pacing...a rollercoaster of madness and death..

all shot on 16mm

www.essexpsycho.com
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

PHILIE-T wrote: Please, this is a very very serious film. Regarding peoples mental states and how living in a fantasy world can cause such mindless acts of violance.
Okay, I respect that. However, the focus on him killing babies, that seems to have one reason and one reason only: to shock. From what work I've seen of yours, your a pretty creative guy. I'm sure you can find more creative ways of scaring and shocking an audience than shooting newborns with a shotgun.
Arcee_Collins

Post by Arcee_Collins »

Shotguning newborns - inventive to say the least, don't take it to heart, but that part does come across as rather comical! haha, part from that the visual effects are very good and looks extremley surreal and gorey. It looks as though it could be a good film.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

lol
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

i liked it, except for some of the gun sound effects.
i also wished it was all in black and white like the beginning it looked cool....
PHILIE-T

Post by PHILIE-T »

NoRemorse wrote:
PHILIE-T wrote: Please, this is a very very serious film. Regarding peoples mental states and how living in a fantasy world can cause such mindless acts of violance.
Okay, I respect that. However, the focus on him killing babies, that seems to have one reason and one reason only: to shock. From what work I've seen of yours, your a pretty creative guy. I'm sure you can find more creative ways of scaring and shocking an audience than shooting newborns with a shotgun.
Well the film is going to be 90..so it won't be all baby killings...seriously now.. i guess when your ultra low budget you need to get attention somehow..so a couple of baby killlings gets peoples attention..

have no fear..old people die too!
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

PHILIE-T wrote:i guess when your ultra low budget you need to get attention somehow..so a couple of baby killlings gets peoples attention..
Yeah, or...ya know... talent. I don't mean to be a dick, but how about good writing, interesting direction, characters that are three-dimensional and real. I'm pretty sure those things would get you attention. I'm also pretty sure that the best reaction you could possibly get from shotgunning babies is "f*ck, this is sick! who made this filth?"
I'm just expressing an opinion here, but I believe that you could have an interesting film here if you push script and performances, characters and direction, and kill a few less babies.

x
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

NoRemore tell that to the guys that made Evil Dead or Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer, or Driller Killer, truth is this is exactly what lots of people do want, and there is commercial potential - MOSTLY cos there crazy enuf to shoot it on 16mm giving it a classic 70s movie (to 80s video nasty) like appeal.

Personally i commend them however, the films success will depend on the pace of the madness, bloodletting and controversial 'shock' nature of the scenes, and the ridiculous (and even juvenile) humour/black humour preferable, that will tie witihn this film.

You have to remember NoRemorse, that just cos their not making the kind of film say u would or i would, doesnt deny from past successes, the plausibility of the type of film their making (horrific tho it me be to conservative sensibilities)
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Many have said the fact that you showed the killing of infants is absurb but the music you put it to just makes it worse. I don't have anything against you making a film of such subject but if I saw this trailer in the theatres (which I wouldn't because it'd never be approved) I wouldn't see it but that is mainly because I don't like the genre.

To me though the cinematography was the strongest part...did you color correct because the colors seemed to be much more colorful.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

whats wrong with the whole baby-killing genre,

I think ur right tho Kentertainment about a point regarding you not watching it (as many wouldn't!) for this is a horrible film, that is its weakness for the mainstream market/audience, however, it does become its greatest strength potentially, for the alternative market.

Bearing in mind Kentertainment, that after a few girlfriends and drinks and cigarettes, that by the time u reach 25 at least, ull be ready to watch this film stupified and bitter after years of repeated 'friends episodes'

So you see, sometimes a film like essexpsycho is just what the film needs!
PHILIE-T

Post by PHILIE-T »

Spent 200 quid getting some film developed only to realise there was a hair in the gate.

Gutted

www.esssexpsycho.com
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

I thought it looked pretty sweet. I think you should maybe get better sound fx but it was looking good. Sorta had a b-movie/ snuff movie/ vibe to it, and for that reason, i think it is good. I think you could have possibly made a better trailer in the sense of music but yeh, i look forward to seeing the finished thing.