You thief!!

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Ornsack

You thief!!

Post by Ornsack »

Matt, you stole our amazing dashboard effect technique extravaganza! And it's copyrighted, so you now owe us £1,000,000 for the rights...

Ok ok you win, it's not as if we did it first, and there's jack all any of us can do about other people using the same technique :D
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Its a fair cop. You got me bang to rights.

I was aslways impressed with that effect. Eventually got hold of 3D studio max and thought I would give it a go. Hardest part was getting a decent dashboard photo. Kept getting the flash reflecting off the perspex.

Although I can drive, your site did open up the possibility of doing our car chase without getting arrested or killed!

Am using 3DS at the moment to do close-up car wheel effects. Will stick them on my site when I get the chance. At some point I will do a tutorial to go with them and you can get your own back.

If I ever do a dash board tutorial we'll credit you as being the dash board master and us as mere disciples!

If only I still had my C reg Honda Accord. That would be much easier to model than my current car. Bloody curves.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Lol! It's ok, but I'd love my name as a credit on your tutorial! Not 'cus I want the credit, but it's just cool to have your name appear somewhere where you haven't personally wrote it :D (Unless it's your grave stone).

Yeah we had the same problems with light reflecting on the perspex, although we used the video camera to get the picture, although we would have benifited heavily from getting a higher resolution picture of it.