WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST FEAR?

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

i decided that i want to make a horror movie but i want it to be an original idea. so i had the idea to ask people what their greatest fear is and try to somehow get an idea from that. so please tell me what it is.

but try to limit really random ones like someone told me theirs was dental floss. how the hell do i make a scary movie about dental floss
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST FEAR?

Post by UFProductions »

Hurting the people I care about.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

I would have to say burning alive, or spirit world. If you need help with that, I have personally witnessed a ton of the spirit world so I can lend you some of my personal stories.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

buried alive, or running out of air whilst scuba diving and not having enough to reach the surface (nearly happened once when diving the Blue Hole when my 2nd stage popped and I was terrified!)
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

ipon70. when you say you have witnessed a lot of the spirit world. are you talking about seeing ghosts? please do post some personal stories. thanks
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

I don't even know where to begin at there are so many of them.

Ok, so my dad has a vision of a place in Washington (we lived in Southern Oregon at that time) where some money was buried. So we take off heading on a trip, with really no idea exactly where we were heading. We get into Washington and dad leads us around for awhile, well we finally arrive in this one town, and go to the court house. He tells the lady that we need the address of a lady called Mrs. White that owned a home in this town around the 1900's.. Well they do actually come up with a name like that and an address. We go there and now its a construction business, so we park grab our shovels and head out into this fields looking for a tree that matched my dads drawing. Up to this point, no one had heard or seen anything other then what my dad had drawn and said. Well we do actually find a tree that looked very very close to the drawing and we start to dig, and all of a sudden this lady starts screaming...but its not like out loud its in your mind, I heard it, my brother in law heard it, and so did my dad... We continue to dig, and it just gets louder and louder, so my dad says stop and we will come back tomorrow, because it was late in the day anyway. Well we get to the motel room, and Mrs. White decides to show up there floating in the room, my dad talks to her and says "you can go now"...and she smiled and went towards this corner spot on the room.... And that was the end of it.

Theres one:

Part Two of many:

So now we are living in Alaska and my dad is a caretaker of a church in Wasilla alaska called the Assembly of God Church. Well right from the get go I hear weird knocking, and noises. This goes on for about 1 month, look no one there, hear a noise, nothign there. Well when we moved into the church they had never had caretakers that had a kid so they had to build my room onto this church from a classroom. Now this church is a big ocatagon and so I guess for fire code they had to have a door at both ends of my room. Well they get it done and I am sleeping fine in there for about 1 month...and then its starts.... Oh my god dude, it would litterally sound like they where throwing chairs around, and banging tables, and stuff just flying around, open the door to the classroom...nothing... Now at this time I was 14, so not young enough to be making it up, and you know the boogey man and stuff. Anyway this went on usually for about an hour each night, and then it was over. Well finally I couldn't take it anymore and went and got my mom one night, she comes into the room...do you think anything would happen...no nothing... She leaves and the next night it starts again, I swing open the door and yell at it......close the door and I no sooner took my hand off the door and the knob and door started banging back and forth in the latch and the knob started turning...I was scared sheetless..... I never slept in that room agian, I moved to the living room and wouldn't you know it...they move over to the kitchen door and start it up there again. The kitchen also had a door that went to a classroom. Well my mom comes out one night to sleep with me and sure enough...it finally happened....this was the funniest thing I have ever seen. My mom sits straight up on the floor, eyes as big as marbles and starts looking at the door..banging still going on....and then she says "in the name of God I cast you out satan"...and it just continues... Needles to say I slept in their room from then on out. It was literally the only room that did not have an attached door to some part of the church.

Well there are a couple if you want some more let me know....the church saga has many more...along with drug deals in the woods of the church and getting shot at.....oh yeah baby...the joys.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

wow. that was a lot of stuff. thank you. i think for my movie i dont want it to be about things like the supernatural because a lot of people dont believe in that stuff. so i am going to make it about something real that everyone knows is real. but thank you.

oh and one question. Did you ever find out if there was money in that hole?
JackBauerII

Post by JackBauerII »

I don't really believe any of that. A little farfetched.
If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed.

- Stanley Kubrick

www.monkeypie.net
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

JackBauerII: You may believe whatever you want to believe but trust me, once you have had an experience yourself with the supernatural, you will know..you will know..that what I have spent time to type is the truth and nothing but the truth.

Jackbauer24: No we never did go back and dig it up, my dad didn't feel right about it after that night. We have talked about it since that point, and he thinks it was more about us going there, and doing that to release her on...something which we will never know or probably care to really know was holding her here.

I hesitated a little before typing out my experiences as it leaves you open for peoples minds to wander about you. So just so you know I am not crazy or into anything weird here is a little background on me if you care. I grew up going to Redwood Country Church in Grants Pass, Oregon. I went to New Hope Christian School for the first 7 years. We then started attending the freak church in Alaska, as Asseblies of God, and then off to Wisconsin in Shell Lake to the Shell Lake Full Gospel Church. And then for me back to Oregon in the Medford area to the Nazaren church and now finally into Shady Cove, Oregon to Trail Christian Fellowship. One final note, those who don't believe in god or the devil for that matter, find a lot of what I say hard to believe, as it doesn't seem to fall into the "hollywood" portrayal of the supernatural. But those of you that are on this forum that have had any experience with the "ghosts"..."supernatural" or whatever you want to term it, will be able I believe to validate what I have put here... They probably wont because then they look like a freak right next to me.

Oh and if you want more for humour or just personal interest post back. I have plenty more. I have lead an interesting life with the spirit world, not one I always voluntered for, but it happens. The only pro to this side is you can usually decern things about people long before they may or may not tell you about.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com

ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

i have never beleived anything like this before, but my friends mum swore on her life that she saw a roman legionaire walking throught york, england, althought she only saw from his chest up, this was where the roman roads would have been built, it is in the location of a roman town btw, is a bit freaky

anyways, fears

slowing dying in extreme pain, limps being cut off, tortured, burnt etc

being eaten alive

dying in a dream would be weird- freddy kruger

not sure of anything original, horror movies having been made for so many years most ideas are taken...
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

Fera of madness is my main one, hence my company (and former band) name, just the fear of teveryone thinking your going insane, whilst you know your the only sane one... happens to me a lot. also anything to do with cutting tongues... hate the thought, even papercuts!
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
PapaMurf

Post by PapaMurf »

How about the fear of rejection?
Proud Founder of Naked Time Inc. A division of Strawberry Productions
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

PapaMurf wrote:How about the fear of rejection?
or the fear of an injection?
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

never had a fear of rejection, too much experience with it i guess... :)
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

girls dont reject me, i am a sex god!! ish
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

I have a fear of giant tidal waves, not like the disasters of boxing day 2004 - they were more surges in the water level (I take nothing away from how much destruction it caused), but giant walls of water 100s of feet in height. I have a respect for such destructive force. It gives me shivers up the spine when I think about it.

Examples:

Deep impact.
Also, there was an episode of Sliders where they landed in a deserted city. When they turned a corner their eyes landed upon a wall of water speeding towards them.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I don't normally fear natural disasters. Just be prepared. Whatever happens will happen. Same goes for heights, fires, etc... as long as you aren't stupid you have nothing to worry about. It's what makes life so exciting. :)

I do have one fear though. Spiders. For some reason I freak out around spiders, but am perfectly fine playing around any other arachnid or insect. It's not a logical fear! Wierd.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

yeh, i know what you mean epsilon. i'm pretty much fine around most spiders and bugs, infact i am usually fasinated by them. except one... HUNTSMANS! :shock: GOD! i hate them, i'm not the sort of person that just screams wen i see one. i just sort of get away as fast as i can and then get tons of uncontrolable violent shivers that can last for up to 5min. even just looking at a pic of one gives me shivers. i think its just the way they move sideways like a crab, and how they look really long and lanky.

except when i was little i remember playing with them in my house( its a big old one). but then one day i reached under a car door handle to open it and there was this big huntsman under there and it was cralling all over me and i was tottaly freaking out. i guess they're serious on shows and stuff when they say their fears were from a child-hood experience. even tho i'm still a kid (13).

^thats my main fear, but ive got others.
-like being trapped in a small space underwater.

-someone breaking into my house at night and coming into my room with a knife

-falling off a ferry or something way out at sea and having to tread water for ages (im not the best at it). also being lost way out in the bush on my own

-and being impaled and still be alive after it happens

sorry about going on about my life story, but it was still on the subject right. :)
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I have no reason to fear a person in my room with a knife because I collect bigger and sharper bladed objects. :D
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

mine would prob be trapped in a small box unable to move underwater like the person above me said, because there could be a small crack and you could die slowly or something.
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

Hm.........mine would be being tortured, or havingto watch someone being tortured. I just watched an episode of 24 (best tv show ever made btw) where this lady had to watch some guy being cut up with a saw......it gave me nightmares.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

DEDFX wrote:trapped in a small box unable to move underwater
same here, reminds me of pearl harbour!!! freaky stuff
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

O, and of course anything having to do wiht my toenails or finger nails being pulled out.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

lol, but still,yeh that would cane like freakin hell.
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I generally get scared at the pool when i go under and see how far i can go across in one breath, then there are people above me and i cant get out and i have like no air left and its just like sufficating.
I also get scared of the spirits and stuff too, especially trying to sleep with a book under my pillow (it also works with a picture, as my friend found out because her dog died) and then i heard some creaking on the floor, but i ignored it because our house is kinda old. Then i heard like this little girl chanting, i ignored it thinkin it was a tv. Then i felt some tapping on my back, i jumped out of my skin, span around and nothing was there. I grabbed the book from under my pillow and threw it across the room. I got scared of having my back to the room for about 2 years. LOL.
I also am a bit scared of doin things under my concience, like kinda sleep killing (where u sleep walk but you commit homocide) or having hallucenegetic drugs and never coming out of the wade and then trying to kill people thinking there demons (a teacher told me that happened to his friend, then he was put onto all these drugs so he wouldnt hallucanate and he was like a zombie).
I think everyone is scared of things they have no control over. Like i had a dream when i was 3 that i walked down my stairs at night and then on the last step i just like got thrown up to the roof with some kinda force and i was just held there then this really freaky voice started talking to me. And my mum and my dad just stood there next to the car looking at me on the ceiling. I also had a dream that i was like held upto a wall kinda and i tried to fight this black figure thing, and nothing happened. I couldnt leave the house etc.
Last year i was in the bathroom looking in the mirror and then this black figure about 30cm around just flew across the room and hit the towel rack and it the towel fell to the ground. I wasnt exactly scared then, although it was strange. I guess its that i have been around all these paranormal things that i have just become a part of it. At the moment i think im a little psychic, i heard this password in my head, then i put it in and it was right, kinda freaked me out. And i have had visions of things then they happen heaps, i think its kinda cool, but it does scare me, a little, the actual communication with the dead is the scariest.
Hide or fight for your life?