We got bored again video

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

We got bored again video

Post by maj_barnes »

Okay this video me and my friend did while we were bored one day. The title says everything about it, noplot=no plot. I'll get the other half finish when I get some time.

http://rapidshare.de/files/16721122/noplot12.wmv.html
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: We got bored again video

Post by Truggy »

i have a suggestion. Instead of making cr** like this ( i know you got bored)...but this made no point, and again i know it's called "noplot" but personally big waste of time for me watching it. WHen you get bored, shoot a film, not cr** like "oh lets stroll down the street in a car and get into a shootout" thats just dumb. Make a movie...film parts of it when your bored.

-Truggy
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: We got bored again video

Post by maj_barnes »

What alittle b**ch, I like how ever reason you didn't like and thought it was a big waste of time was listed and yet you still watched it. Did I ever say it was a great movie? It gave us something to do in a span of 15 minutes.

We can't really plan to film a movie on certain days because most of the time, were doing other stuff. We came back from a movie and had some time: an alternative to playing video games.
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

Truggy, get a frickin life. It was a short that was ment to be funny and fun to do. I thought it was a fine short. Without the rap music of course, it would have been better. Look at the freakin title of the site "Matt Hawkins: CRAZY, AMATEUR, FILM MAKING. Other than sonnyboo or other semi-profesional film makers, we are all AMATEUR FILM MAKERS!!!! I hate people like you, you always have to take fun things and twist them and tell people "thats gay" and "if your gonna make a short, do it right!". I mean, everything doesnt have to be fu**** serious. I think you should just get off this site if you dont even know the purpose of it. Did you not see GUTS? That was basically the same thing, only with little more of a plot. We have not gotten off on a good start, and i dont really care. I think this short is really cool, and a fun thing to do when your bored. So just let people make stuff like this, it's FUN (if you know the meaning of that word)
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

dude I cant download it unless I have a "premium account" maybe Im doing it wrong...
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

Did you hit "free" and then wait till the DL time ran out, and then put in the downloading password? You have to do all that before
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Gosh Truggy, have you already forgotten that you've posted nothing BUT dumb, pointless, badly made cr**?
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Is part of it missing or does it just end in the middle of the gun fight, with the kid in the field??

Not to bad, would have been cooler with some broken glass and stuff like that.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

It's only the first half lol, thats why it cut off
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Ahhhh yes now after you say that I read above where it says that..... :?
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

well, for a bit of fun and something to fill a ten minute slot when there is nothing else, then I say good for you, but just as a thought, useing the time constructivley in so far as cut it really short but concentrate on the camera work or the ad lib, to make it tighter? hey, fun is fun, better a bad day with a camera than a good day in a sewer!!
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

SgtPadrino wrote:Gosh Truggy, have you already forgotten that you've posted nothing BUT dumb, pointless, badly made cr**?
no, my s*** actually got better when i stopped posting it on this forum.

Yeah, i can see why majority of the people on this forum (before i actually stopped giving a sh*t about this forum) stopped posting here. When i did actually post every day, people actually gave a cr** about the films they made, not just "i got bored"...I will admit, i did this in the beginning when i made my films, but adventually i did get better and stopped making cr**. I know you were just trying to have fun, but give me a fricken break.
Truggy, get a frickin life. It was a short that was ment to be funny and fun to do. I thought it was a fine short. Without the rap music of course, it would have been better. Look at the freakin title of the site "Matt Hawkins: CRAZY, AMATEUR, FILM MAKING. Other than sonnyboo or other semi-profesional film makers, we are all AMATEUR FILM MAKERS!!!! I hate people like you, you always have to take fun things and twist them and tell people "thats gay" and "if your gonna make a short, do it right!". I mean, everything doesnt have to be fu**** serious. I think you should just get off this site if you dont even know the purpose of it. Did you not see GUTS? That was basically the same thing, only with little more of a plot. We have not gotten off on a good start, and i dont really care. I think this short is really cool, and a fun thing to do when your bored. So just let people make stuff like this, it's FUN (if you know the meaning of that word)
so, the typical MH "LETS PUT GUNS AND MUZZLE FLASHES IN EVERYTHING!"
Look at the freakin title of the site "Matt Hawkins: CRAZY, AMATEUR, FILM MAKING. Other than sonnyboo or other semi-profesional film makers, we are all AMATEUR FILM MAKERS!!!!
Mr. I3lade says :
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sonnyboo is an amatuer filmmaker , this is just point and shoot cr**.

You all think what you want. Fun is fun, but filming is work. All i have to say.

Btw - Alot of people will back me up with my statements, alot wont. So think what you wanna think.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Alright Alright ALRIGHT
Obviously noone here is going to be able to convince anyone else that their point of view is right or that someone elses is wrong, so I'm going to write a semi-ambiguous post about my point of view.

Obviously, since we aren't trying to make a living through this, there is no need to get all uptight if something looks like garbage, BUT in my mind, the whole reason for making it public is so that people with more skill can teach us how to make our work better. If you are going to spend days, weeks, months, even years working on one project, then obviously you'll be upset if I told you it was cr**. If you don't want criticism, then don't make your work public. If you want to do a better job, expect to have your fragile ego crushed down, then rebuild it again and make it better.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

When i did actually post every day, people actually gave a cr** about the films they made, not just "i got bored"...I will admit,
So because I want to post some videos that me and my friends made to have some fun, I'm now a worst film-maker? God forbid filming something should be fun.
people actually gave a cr** about the films they made, not just "i got bored"...
Yes, especially the ones that take a whopping 15 minutes.
BUT in my mind, the whole reason for making it public is so that people with more skill can teach us how to make our work better.
Yes, but saying it's cr** and go make a film doesn't help me improve: there's no constructive criticism in that.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I'm sure in a few months you've transformed yourself into a brilliant filmmaker without equal, Truggy, but it doesn't give you any credence to be a complete dick about something that wasn't even that bad to begin with.

If you've got some real help for maj_barnes, feel free to speak up. But if you don't have anything to say, then please just don't say anything at all.

Now, with the video, I thought the editing was pretty good, don't really think you're in dire need of improvement there. Same thing goes for camerawork (for the most part - mess around with stuff you have lying around the house, see if you can't get yourself a makeshift dolly or steady cam) Basically, if you're bored and you don't have anything to do, at least take a little extra time (maybe half an hour or so) to plan shots, collect props, and come up with a rudimentary plotline. Keep making little impromptu videos like that as practice for your larger projects, and you'll gave some good techniques that you picked up that will make your other films a lot better.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

yes, i am sorry for calling it total cr**, what i pretty much meant to say is that it could of been better. I am sorry if i came off as a complete dick, but that was not my intent.
--
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

SgtPadrino wrote:Gosh Truggy, have you already forgotten that you've posted nothing BUT dumb, pointless, badly made cr**?
Hahahahaha!!
@seanbagley
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

lol, keep the laughs up...Again what I3lade said was very true. Just note that.
--