Horrors of War - the official trailer

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Holdios

Post by Holdios »

Where did you guys get the amazing looking guns?

Also, what was your primary method/effect for people (or zombies) taking bullet hits?
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Holdios wrote:Where did you guys get the amazing looking guns?

Also, what was your primary method/effect for people (or zombies) taking bullet hits?
Many are authentic weapons, converted to blank firing, other guns were resin facsimiles, and some were even BB guns.

We did squibs, we did post production digital squibs & FX, and sometimes the guys would just fall down.
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

ctbullet wrote:my god, you guys are good

i'm sure sooooo many people have asked for tutorials but once you've finishsed your film do you think you may be able to share some tricks
There will be a web doc or two on Visual FX.
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Any word yet about distribution here in the US?
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

We'll have a formal announcement within the next couple weeks.

YES, I have news, but it's not final.
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Sweet I assume you'll post on myspace, b-indy, the sanctuary, and every where else incase I don't catch it here.
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

I loved it, very profesional, very smart and tidy. I have been keeping my eye on the tutorials that you have been posting and it is great to see it all together (even if it was a taster of a trailer!) looking forward to seeing the full DVD when you have it in the bag! well done to all involved!
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

It looked professional because well, PJR is a professional, and the DP he used is as well. Unless you are Uwe Boll most semi-professionals or professionas could do a good job on a budget like they had for Horror's.
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

NPMAX wrote: most semi-professionals or professionas could do a good job on a budget like they had for Horror's.
You don't know what our budget was....

It's a helluva lot less than you can imagine.
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

I heard a rumor it was between 500k and 1 mil. I rmemeber you said under 1 mil, but weren't allowed to disclose the info, wasn't trying to insult you there, rereading i can see how it could have been misconstrued.
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

NO no no. No offense taken, and I meant no offense back at ya. It's just that we had a very very low budget for what we tried to do. I'm really sick of the B.S. "Under $1 million" facade I've used so far. I can't wait to tell everyone how little we had.
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

do you think it was as little as soul searcher? www.soulsearchermovie.com
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

ZombieKrieg2005 wrote:do you think it was as little as soul searcher? www.soulsearchermovie.com
its not one of mine, just filmed in the greatest county on earth, Herefordshire!
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

sonnyboo wrote:NO no no. No offense taken, and I meant no offense back at ya. It's just that we had a very very low budget for what we tried to do. I'm really sick of the B.S. "Under $1 million" facade I've used so far. I can't wait to tell everyone how little we had.
I can't wait to hear how little you all actually had.
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

god i love a good zombie war film, but then i love zombie films period. God i need to start filming again. i missi it so....
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

It still grieves me to see such hard work put into a film with such little contributed to costume authenticity...
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Epsilon wrote:It still grieves me to see such hard work put into a film with such little contributed to costume authenticity...
Give it up, the majority of the viewers do not care or will not know, that some belt wasn't authentic. If all you have going for your films is costume authenticity well, perhaps you should work on story development, PJR and co had costume people from Band of Brothers on this, so it'll look right to the viewer.
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

Just out of curiosity, what was your budget and what was your end cost for making the film? from the interviews and tutorials it seems like you had A LOT of staff?
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

He can't reveal the budget right now, he's under contract.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

NPMAX wrote:Give it up, the majority of the viewers do not care or will not know, that some belt wasn't authentic. If all you have going for your films is costume authenticity well, perhaps you should work on story development, PJR and co had costume people from Band of Brothers on this, so it'll look right to the viewer.
Story is always first. But I'm also a living historian. One should always care about authenticity... it's respect towards veterans and our own history alike. It's not even a money issue. Just a little more time spent researching. That is all.
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Epsilon wrote:One should always care about authenticity... it's respect towards veterans and our own history alike.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

We tried to make the werewolves & zombies as authentic as they really were in WWII...
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

i heard about that, didn't hitler actaully try to create chemical and physical weapons ie. zombies
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
jackbauer24

Post by jackbauer24 »

That was excellent. i really would like the see the finish
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

Epsilon wrote:It still grieves me to see such hard work put into a film with such little contributed to costume authenticity...
wait horrors of war didn't have great costume authenticity.... hmm well whatever

i know this has been said before but when will you release the budget... after a certain number of showings or when you get a distributor

zac,
making a WW2 novie too... and its not gonna be some cr**
arboravefilms

Post by arboravefilms »

Hi Zac - We'll discuss the film in more detail when the time is right. For now, we have web documentaries on the web site, www.horrorsofwarmovie.com. Suffice is to say the film was an ambitious independent project involving a great deal of hard work and dedication on the part of a number of people. :) You can see the entire list on IMDB.

Uniforms were manufactured by Bayonet, Inc., www.bayonetinc.com - they have done a great deal of film work, including Clint Eastwood's upcoming FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS. Insignia were acuired through a personal contact.

Weapons & props were acquired from a number of sources. Our weapons & prop master was Ken Wilson who also served as the production designer.

As for authenticity, we had a number of technical consultants on the film, and worked toward authenticity within the context of this genre film - a war action/drama that mixes in science fiction and horror. We made certain concessions as needed when accessibility was a concern.

Anyway, best of luck with your WWII project! :)

-Phil Garrett (Producer, Horrors of War)