Im the bad guy remember?

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

FabianJansen

Post by FabianJansen »

Dunno what these guys have a problem with, that menu could almost be on the DVD of a big movie!
"These are the voyages..."
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

hey i like it...... although i hate emo/punk and i have to be nice to aarony because he made me my company logo

go aaron!
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Personally I liked the DVD menu clip. It's the sort of menu you would see on the DVD for 'Silent Hill' (see trailer on Apple.com).

Guys, be careful with the personal insults. It's been quite civilised on here for a bit so don't spoil it :)
theChad

Post by theChad »

That was some dope shiz.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

I thought it was rather good, but rather sad that this has turned into a kindergarten! haha
I think aaronv2 should try and be a little more tactful in his posts.....but we can all be crule,
just like when I laughed at that cripple, but thats another story,
but anyway yes, Keep it down a bit, Great menu by the way.
I'd by the dvd, most of the menus on dvds i have for landmark films are rubbish, its about
time someone took the hint!
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

If I see a point to helping someone i will tell them some secrets i have come up with over the years... but if its just some dumb muzzle flash movie or something i see here every other week then im just gonna say it sucks cause it does. Why do you have to talk like its a 7th heaven episode around here. Aren't any of you mature enough to take real life words like a man? I don't purposefully sit here and think of s*** to say, just to hurt people. i watch the vid and say what i think then tell you how to make it better. Simple. But if your going to start defending yourself because i told you it was bad and your just starting out isnt that a little stupid too? you need all the help you can get. I wish there was someone here telling me this sucked and how to make it better but your just seeking restitution which kinda sucks considering current worldly events.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
theChad

i watched it again x25..

Post by theChad »

..To give a 'professional opinion'. So here goes my crit.

Over all I thought it was really well put together, I liked the mood, and the textures, just a wicked treatment in general. Only three real problems with the piece that I can figure.

First, it for me was they texture at the bottom of the screen, I would have rather seen it stay smooth throughout, or gitter in one place. A lot of flashing on the bottom piece almost seems like an after thought and not as well placed as the rest of the movement.

Second, The placement of "under silent hill". I don't know how quite to describe it, but when I see it, the words seem out of place. Even to see it centered maybe, or the text a little off balanced. And if anything close up the line height between 'Silent' and 'Hill'.

And finally needs needs needs background music. I don't think it could be a finished producte without.

/crit

On a personal note I like your style.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings