Question about Band of Brothers air compressed squib

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

delta_echo

Post by delta_echo »

I believe I've revealed quite a bit of stuff on this forum. If you're talking about explosives and pyro, however, it will always be limited. My background is in pyrotechnics, not film. That being said, I cannot, in good conscience tell most people the manufacturing process of many pyro devices and materials as it could very well get them hurt. Safety is not to be trifled with. I learned the hard way the day before my high school graduation when I had almost 2 lbs. of smoke mix go off in my face, giving me 2nd and 3rd degree burns over the entire front of my body from my waist up. It hurt like hell. The reason it went off? I failed to follow simple safety procedures. I had made the mix many times before and gotten complacent. That is why I am careful with what I divulge. Luckily, God was good enough to minimize scaring to only a small part of my chest.

If you have any specific questions, however, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Quite a few tricks we used are on the special features of my film/documentary DVD "A Walk in the Light Green".
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

lets here more about that project satanic cookie i desperately need squibs
the_satanic_COokie

Post by the_satanic_COokie »

alright well I'm ordering most of the parts today for my portable squib.

I'm also building a kabuki squib vest that this can attach to, that will run up the actors back just behind their head, for head shots from the front where blood sprays on a wall.

I'm not really gonna get into the design before I test it out, because WELL it might just NOT work and I'd look like a big dumb idiot. Let's just say this isn't oging to be the ULTRA LOW cost version. I'm spending somewhere between 50 - 100 bucks. but the finished product SHOULD BE, a good solid way to do a squib with little to no mess, or guess work.

I'll keep you posted.