watch my clone movie

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

watch my clone movie

Post by Zac »

hi, i'm not sure if this should be in special effects. but all the movies in Members Films are like big, pro, 15min movies with over $1,000 budget, and mine would just look pathetic compared to them. well this movie has a few special effects any way so it doesn't really matter i suppose. :?

watch here: http://youtube.com/w/killing-off-the-cl ... L4TFvkgixk
this was just made in 2 days including editing and did not have a budget, i just used whatever i could find.
please tell me what you think, how i could improve and stuff like that.

P.S sorry if the video is really low quality and jumpy, thats just cos its on youtube and its instantly put on the website. i'll have another link to google video soon and it will be better quality i hope.
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

You should try Rapidshare.de , or putfile.com . It keeps it in the same Res that you uploaded it as.

"About to Watch*
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

Yeah except putfile barley ever works and rapid share makes you download it.
andrew_107

Post by andrew_107 »

I liked it! A few things that could be worked on are the fight parts...a few times the speed of the fights looked a bit slow, maybe you could have a look at this DVD on some tips...http://www.kbproducts.com/
I liked the blood splatter alot, but shouldnt the blood have gone on the other side of the window? Just from the perspective I was watching it looked like it should.
But overall I enjoyed it.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

yeah the blood should have splattered on the other side. originaly we were just going to show blood splatter up out the top of his head, but the blood didnt show up very good on the brick and so i just did a few other splatters, and i didnt realise that until i already edited and did everything. and i didnt really feal like setting it all up and doing it again.

(Hey andrew i live near you :o i live in ulverstone on the north coast of tassie, near devonport)
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

gd gd

i thought you should have dubbed some fighing sounds in, just to add that little extra umph, and there was no explosion sound when the house blew

was that firework/ dynamite real because i couldn't really tell, if not good effects
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

nah, it wasnt real. it was just one of those poster tube things painted red with a sparkler stuck in it.
and i forgot about the explosion sound.

Heres another link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7664462295
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

You can sorta see the lines, if it was AVI or atleast MPEG you could really see them, thats why indoors is easier. Take the sound out of the gun clicks, blood splatter was good except when it hit the house, make it a little thicker and less transluscent (less kool-ais looking). Other than that it was good.

Reminds me of Peter Jackson's Bad Taste with the location and same people that your trying to kill, rent it and you'll love it.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Hey, Zac, i live in hobart!

Post by angusware »

just though that it's cool that this site for the UK can have 3 people in almost the same place in Aus. cool movie too. i did a clone movie using Blue Screen, so that it looks like there are 3 exact replicas, but it only works if you have a huge blue screen, or the people are really big, even if the background looks far away... :D
q1tv3

RE: Hey, Zac, i live in hobart!

Post by q1tv3 »

I like the idea. Creative! thats the most important thing above all the rest. If you want you could sen me the original footage and i could re edit it for you. it would be the same just edited in final cut with sound effects. it would also be in high def. but it was an exelent idea and i think if you put more of a story leading up to where the clones came from and what the boy is doing before the attack it would be a great film. GOOD JOB.

If you want a re-edit in final cut pro i would gladly do it for you. Send me an email.
Charley_pellis@yahoo.com
All we are saaaying.....is give peace a chance!
The Beatles ROCK! Yeah, yeah, yeah.
ya, I use a Mac
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Hey, Zac, i live in hobart!

Post by Zac »

no, i didnt use a blue screen at all for the cloning. i used the same techniqe that my cousin Rhys told me, he made a tutorial on it : you can find it further down the special effects page, its called something like "cloning in adobe premiere pro 6 or higher"

q1tv3: do you mean send you all the raw footage? because its all in avi and it would take up enormous space and plus theres cr** loads of it (something
like 10+ min of it, just for a 2-3 min movie). or do i send you the already edited footage but not rendered or anything :?
plus i dont reckon it would fit into an email would it?
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Yeah, I learned to split screen by myself with premiere 6.5, I used the clip feature and then luminance to black out each side.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

clone movie

Post by rhys »

that was pretty good, u need to have faster cuts, more angles and speed.
lol i just saw the jesse trying to get u thing, it was good.
U might need a difforent song if u wanted that to seem serious.
nice dyonmite.
its a bit big of file tho, its taking for ever. ive had it on for over 5 mins and its only half way through, i have 256kb/s broadband so i know its a big file.
id suggest a bit of blood when the bullet skims him. u bounced alot when u were hitting him with the cricket bat, lol, NO OFFENSE. u need to go quick, then stop, change the angle and make it go from like 10cm away from him then just push him over quickly with the bat. the catch was a little slow (i like it tho, dont mean to sound mean).
the angle of jesse walking over to you was a little long and would look better looking at you and him creeping up behind you. the blood was good when u shot his brains out, but the blood went from going right to going left then it hit the window, LOOKED GREAT. then the blood dissapears when the angle changes back to you holding him at the throwt.
i reccon u could make it better if blood was rolling down ur hands as u held him, it would also look better if that angle was taken after the blood was released so it was there.
it would look better if he fell faster, but i realise, he's just a bro and most unfilm related people arent great at acting so, i wont bag him out. the lyrics are good in the song but its too fast paced for your movie. i like the 4 extra clones standing next to each other, bit of a twist. the punch was a little too far away from him, but better safe then sorry i guess.
the dynomite would look more noticable if it was a closer angle.
It just finnished downloading.
is ur tripod working now? because that would be extremely hard to do the cloning by hand. jesse running in three times in a row was good but it was all exactly the same though, too perfect.
YAY!!!! a close up of the dynomite. lol liked the change of rooms, unnoticable unless uve been to ur house.
JUMP OUT THE WINDOW!!!! woot, it was a little too slow tho.
u should have cut the explosion down a little because it was transparent a little bit, or greenscreened a little more.and the explosion should have been alittle closer to when u jump down, dont like sounds normally, the ruin it, i like the masking over with the music. the talking to him was a little fake i thought u were going to say "bloopers" or something but then u fought him, i liked the angle of u running together.
The punch could have been a litttle faster. u should of just pushed him over instead of turning him the pushing him because it makes it look slow, 'to be a professional assasin, u must no what to do' made that up then, no seriously make it look like ur a little scared for ur life instead of 'im so supriour i can take half an hour a punch' NO OFFENSE.
Jesse should have a little blood on him when u hit him with the bat and that angle should last for about 1-2 seconds, no longer (i like the gousome movies).
Loved the ending, AXE!!!!
Sorry if i sounded mean but it was just some things to look out for, i thought it was a little light hearted, unless that was what you were going for i would try not to do it again.
I seriously think i sound mean, SORRY.
Oh well, have fun, keep doing it and make the files smaller, but still respectable.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

oh yeh and one thing, no offense once again but, dont put on an accent.
u kinda did do the fast and stop thing but u needed to cut it shorter, spend the extra 10 mins and it would look perfect.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

watch my clone movie

Post by Kentertainment »

Zac wrote:all the movies in Members Films are like big, pro, 15min movies with over $1,000 budget, and mine would just look pathetic compared to them.
That is not necessarily true.

About the movie though. You did a good job but here are a few of my thoughts. Firstly, the fighting was (as everybody has said) sketchy and slow and in a few instances it was clear that he wasn't really being hit such as when the cricket bat is swung, one of the clones swings his hip away from it. There is a moment when 3 clones run through the same door but a cut makes it clear that you reused the same clip. Also I found it a bit odd that the main character pulled a stick of dynamite from his back. The blood effect was very well done but the blood was too transparent and not thick enough.

What editing program did you use?
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

watch my clone movie

Post by rhys »

Zac and I use Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0 for Editing, Ulead Cool 3D for 3d, Pinnacle studio 9 for Me and Pinnacle Studio 7 for Zac, and he also uses Ulead Video Studio 9 (i think its a little too amature, no offense zac), and im going to get poser 3d so i can create virtual stunt doubles, i am also trying to get 3D studio max (even tho its incredibly hard), i use Adobe After Effects 6.5 pro, i use Adobe Photoshop for pics but i cant get it on the computer i use most (because i lost the disk), and finally we use Particle Illusion SE because its effective and free.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: watch my clone movie

Post by Zac »

Thanx for answering my question rhys, lol. and actually i dont use ulead video studio 9, cos i still cant get a fire wire to my mums computer.

P.S i see you've subscribed to my videos on youtube.com(if that is you rhysie21). so my films cant be that bad.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Okay, I finally got around to watching it.

It was cool, the only stuff I didn't like was the lines inbetween the clones, and the action was slow. Try just speeding it up and adding sounds, like a nice gong with the frying pan, or a thud for punches.

But I have to admit, I watched the shooting part around 6 times: because I liked it (except for the switching direction thing, :P ).

Very enjoyable.
q1tv3

Post by q1tv3 »

hello zac Raw footage wold be better if you cut it into smaller peices to fit your email providers requirements. or you could upload the raw footage to google and i could download it. Also in case i didnt mention this before, i have a program that will convert the footage to HD then compress it to run: Quickly online at about 95% of the quality or to run full quality on your computer or on dvd.

I would prefer it on google video because i coul download it quicker. If you have any other ideas just tell me.

P.S
I have a program called LiveType that can create cinema like titles that move and do almost any thing u can think of. Just a thought.
ya, I use a Mac
q1tv3

Post by q1tv3 »

Me again. Here is the adress for an opener i made for the school anouncements. I wantes zac to see it cuz it was made mainly in LiveType. This way you can preview what LiveType can do!

http://media.putfile.com/Fake-News-Opener
ya, I use a Mac
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I didnt ever say that ur movies were bad (there just a little amature, i like the time spent on them tho), i was just giving you advice and i want to watch ur new movies, check howz u doin.