whos got HD?

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

thewarmovie

Post by thewarmovie »

I have Avid xpress pro HD already, and I have got my eye on the JVC GY-HD100U. So maybe I can afford HD in a few years.
"Holy Freaking' Fat Mother of Jehoshephat"
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

I have Final Cut Express HD, but I really doubt that my computer could handle HD footage without running out of memory. Is an HD video file much bigger (memory wise) than a normal DV file?
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

thewarmovie wrote:I have Avid xpress pro HD already, and I have got my eye on the JVC GY-HD100U. So maybe I can afford HD in a few years.
don't get the JVC, its not all that it's made out to be. It looks like it has all the same features that the XL-2 has except in HD, but i have not heard good things about it. i would recommend canon's XL-H1.
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Yeah there's just one problem with the canon XL-H1 - it retails for around £6,000

I'm personally looking for a Sony HDR-FX1 - there's a nice lil package for this baby on Ebay for around £2,000 with postage and packaging...

Any1 have any experience of this camera? is shoots in HDV which is nice - only has a mini-jack line in and a 12x optical zoom... but other than that it looks brill!

What kind of hardware d'you need for capturing HDV? on the avid site it makes no mention of hardware but there must be some necessary eqpt surely?

cheers,

John