Phantom mask

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Phantom mask

Post by Spike_P_2 »

OK guys i know this is probably the wrong place to post this, but i figured it would get more looks, meaning more advice. I have a plastic phantom of the opera mask (you saw me wear it in an old post on here from halloween) that i need to attach to my face OVER a burn prosthetic. I am in my schools drum line show and they needed actors to play Raoul Christine and the Phantom, so there for yours truly tried out and got the part as Phantom/Erik. I am helping them to assemble costumes and what not for the shows, But mine is difficult because of what i need to do with my mask. I need to be able to attach it before i go on the floor, and then when the performance is going on i need it to come off and be able to go back on almost immediately after. It gets pulled off. I cant find any glues for my face to seal the mask on with, or at least not any that i can use multiple times in one performance. So you guys know of any adhesives that are super sticky and arent effected by oils on skin and face? I was suggested to use this glue stuff that girls use on straps for their dresses, but i dont know if that would work for what i need. please help
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
John Groshko
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Phantom mask

Post by John Groshko »

Duct tape, folding in a loop, and stuck between your face and the mask?
My films;

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=groshko
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

nope, wont work, i have my face, a burn prosthetic and the prosthetic has to stay on when i pull mask away. And then i have to be able to get it back on my face with the prosthetic.
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

ok i saw POTO on broadway and i am amazed at how they did that too, try a small slip of velcr, i mean small like an inch by a quarter of an inch then put to on top and bottom, and paint it your prosetic color, then so it will be easy to take it on and off without the really feel of velcro, make it even smaller if you wnat
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

actually, now i dont need it to go back on after it coems off, im doing it like in the new 2004 movie, since my mask is designed that same way. and now i just need to get it on with the prosthetic, and the velcre might work but i dont know exactly if thats the best way to go, because i dont want to pull the prosthetic off either, adn the mask more or less gets quick pulled off by christine. God once i do my first show ill have to upload it so youlot can all see it. Youll know who i am, trust me. lol but seriously any other application ideas for my mask and prosthetic?
-"V" for Vendetta
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Spike_P_2 »

OK i take it back, now my mask is in fact a one way deal, I am trying to find a way to attach it and unatach it without it looking rediculous.
-"V" for Vendetta
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

use invisble thread, like a normal mask, im guessing people will be too far away to see the thread.....
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

There is a chemical called colloid something? that you pour into a pan of water and then light, it crisps up and hardens into sheets which you can cut to desired shape, and touch up with theatrical make up, and its OUTSTANDING! not sure where you would get it from as I cant remember the correct name but I have been told that a product called Opsite is just as good. it is available from good chemists as it is a spray on moisture/vapour permeable dressing. again. spray onto the surface of water, light, let it cool and treat the same, as for attaching, I have never failed with good old latex glue from every fancy dress/joke shop the world over. (coat your hands in it for that very old look and looks great when peeled off!) hope this helps?
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions