Static trailer

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Eclipseproductions

Static trailer

Post by Eclipseproductions »

I just recently registered, but have been a long time reader of the forums. Here is the link to the trailer of a film I am working on.

http://www.grayoakproductions.com/movies/static.mov

I friend of mine hosted the file for me. Also, all of the music is original, done by myself and the guy hosting this. Feedback appreciated, thanks. I apologize for the lo-res quality of the file.
Last edited by Eclipseproductions on Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProdigyFilmsinc.

RE: Static trailer

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

That was overall very impressive. It had Blair Whitch/Borne Identity look to it. Very orifinal. The music fit well. very nicely done. The only Thing wrong really was the sound quality. It echoed. It had static in the sound also. I don't knopw if that was on purpose bu it sounded good with a little static. Good job.
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

i liked it, it seemed like the static noise was meant to be there.
the only things i ddnt dig, were the muzzle flashes and the explosions seemed to be off colored, probably should use the same color correction used on the movie, and i ddnt like the "static" font, just my thoughts...
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

I did like it I have to say, sound and imagery good,a bit like 28days later in the woods. cant wait for it to be released
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

hey i just need to know.... What type of camera did you use, editing program and what did you use to colorize it??, i need that type of movie colors, cept more blue for my movie, thanks

by the way great can't wait to see it
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Liked it ^_^

Whens the release date?
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

i liked it, had some professionalism to it
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
Eclipseproductions

Post by Eclipseproductions »

I really appreciate all of the feedback. To answer questions, the release date is uncertain because it is currently in production. I used a little Panasonic 3CCD handcam to film, and Vegas 5.0 to edit.
SpyroClone

Post by SpyroClone »

very good, i think that the camera was a little to bumpy at times. I really like shaky cam it adds a nice effect but sometimes it can be a little much. Other than that very good.
"If you don't know what you're doing you can still make it look good."
~Peter Jackson
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Yes I enjoyed it very much. The green tint seemed to suit the "mystery" of the plot well and as for the story it is nice and original. The editing of this peice was well and it just flowed perfectly, I didn't once feel the urge to grunt in disgust and turn it off. Your shaky cam and the fast motion is used well, it is always good to make a genre like this to be kinda trippy and it did just that. The only problems I had with it was firstly the effects (muzzle flash (some of the flashes, namely the first we saw, didn't look really color corrected to fit the green tint of the video overlay.) and the rocket), it just didn't do it for me it may be because the "Detonation Films" effects are a little too common now. Secondly, was the point when we hear a voice on the radio saying "before it came widespread", that part just sounded a little poor in the quality of acting, I look foreward to this and it looks action packed intense!
Last edited by Kentertainment on Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Supertrunks65

Post by Supertrunks65 »

Sweet! looks good. I agree with Vor on the static thing it seems to suit it.
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

oh wow a film transfer, im not that high up, ill stay digital
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

It was pretty awsome man! I loved the music, they way it went with the clip and the orginalness (if thats a word..) of it. I cant wait to see the finished project
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...