Fight scene 2

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Fight scene 2

Post by rhys »

I made this movie ages ago, but now it is on the internet.
Please critique it (if that makes sence).
and please excuse the blood, first digital try and very lame. also please excuse the slow bullet, something made it slow in the middle and i couldnt fix it.
Also (once again), i did not use any wire work, but it looks good.
I love the guns i use, hehehe :D
Only second movie on the net, so be nice, PLZ...

Here is the website:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ight+scene
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Fight scene 2

Post by britishbulldog »

that was hilarious why was that bullet going so slowly lol im baffled by how u made it look like they were jumping off the balkany, the start wen they were both standing still in the same room ruined it slightly you should of had one running in and the other chasing after him out of shot at the beginning i like the blood and bullet sounds though
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Balkany? Wen?
Moderating behind the bushes!
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

the end when me and luke jump off the balcony and land then i shoot him, maybe?
As i said before the bullet was terrible, first try too, well second, but the first was with stock footage.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Fight scene 2

Post by rhys »

the end when me and luke jump off the balcony and land then i shoot him, maybe?
As i said before the bullet was terrible, first try too, well second, but the first was with stock footage.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Okay, brutal honesty is what you're going to get here, so be forewarned:

It was awful. Truly bad. Thats not to say it didn't have redeaming qualities,the pace of action was good and carried well, and the sound (gunshots) was quite good indeed. But the digital effects completly ruined it for me. Despite the problems you mentioned, the bullet was still terrible, no matter the speed it traveled at, and I am firmly against digital blood. The bullet holes were passable, I'd focus on those, improve them and you should be good. The jump(s) off the deck were good, but the cuts were still too long; you should stop while they are still in full motion. All in all: good effort, and it certainly shows promising attributes mixed in with the bad.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

I agree with UF but I'd say for your second film its pretty good. Keep trying.
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

i quite enjoyed it, but i thought it was rather unrealistic when like said previously starting in the same room, then your mate wiats for you to close the door before he shoots at you, cool but just think about it a bit more
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

how come when im brutally honest i get yelled at? and then when someone else does it people agree... weird.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

The USP in the avatar is too threatening maybe? :D
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
hmbtnguy

Post by hmbtnguy »

Well you certainly have improved from your last movie. I see you have learned to cut faster, but at some points there still is that lag time I was talking about. The bullet hole looked nice, but overall it just didn't make sense. Your choreo from your last movie was more interesting. Next time I suggest not bothering with bullets, but just try muzzle flashes instead (unless I missed it).
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Fight scene 2

Post by rhys »

Yeh, i agree with most of you, but i thought the first movie was a little better than that one, i made it ages ago, like last year some time. Dunno. But thanks for the suggestions. sorry about the duble post, i didnt think it went through. I will keep making movies, so ill continue to make new posts, in others, but, if it gets too anoying ill go home, :( JOKING CHILL!!!!! Nah ill find some where else here i will put them.
Thanks again.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

mmkay, when I first saw this post I was thinking fist-fighting, not gun-fighting. Anywho, right when he leaves the door he places the clip into the gun, this is overused. Too many people find it fascinating to load a clip and pull the slide back, he should've already had that done if he planned to fight somebody. Secondly, there was already a bullet hole in the door before the bullet even came through, and yes the bullet was slow but it looked like you drew it up in paint or something. The cutting of them jumping off the balcony was too fast, almost making it look like they didn't jump off at all, suddenly WHUMP! they were on the ground. Finally, what is all the fascination with digital blood, it clearly (in all cases) looks fake, digital should always be a last resort unless you are a pro working for ILM.
Evan77

Post by Evan77 »

That was pretty cool. Interesting bullet idea. Also I like your attempt of making it look like you were really jumping off of the balcony. What would have been really cool is if you had really found a safe way to jump. One way to do this would have a platform only a few feet down but have the camera cut before it shows it. Then, the next scene would be of you hitting the ground. Nice scenes.
-Evan
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

aaronv2 wrote:how come when im brutally honest i get yelled at? and then when someone else does it people agree... weird.
'Cause you yelled at everyone for liking guns but your avatar is a gun with blood spilt!

Anywho, keep up the good work kid! I liked it. Awesome bullet.
@seanbagley
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

I simply find it interesting that you want people to critique you, you want the help, and you want to learn how to do stuff better...and yet, you ask us to excuse this, and excuse that...That not only sounds unprofessional, but immature. You gotta take all the rap for your work, whether you love it or not, you gotta be up for whatever people have to say. Even if the criticism isn't constructive, you gotta take it for what it is, and build upon it. You'll learn, you've got plenty of time.

Anywho, the the scene was very interesting in itself. I'll admit that you're pretty creative when coming up with the ideas for these scenes. Being creative creates interesting movies, keeping your audience's attention. That's a big characteristic to focus around. You've got good ideas, just need to learn to cut stuff down, and make the clips flow smoothly. Transition is big in fight scenes. If you cause lag time, or create confusing transitions, it can lose your audience. It's stuff to keep in mind, but continue buliding on what you've got. There's potential there.
SpyroClone

Post by SpyroClone »

well, I think it definetly needs some work. At times it was hard to tell exactly what was going on. The digital bullet was extremely fake looking, i personally would not have had the bullet in there at all (i personally never use special effects except when absolutely needed, and i try not to make stuff that would need tons of complicated special effects, because there is so much potential to mess up with special effects) i did like the bullet holes though. Also, whenever possible use real stuff like fake blood rather than digital blood, cause it will look much more realistic. And finally i think that the cutting on the jumps off the balcony was a little lagging, you left too much time for people to notice that you didn't really jump off of the balcony. I still think that it was good, it has alot of potential, and if you keep working towards those ends, changing things as you go, you could make some very good stuff.
"If you don't know what you're doing you can still make it look good."
~Peter Jackson
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Fight scene 2

Post by rhys »

Thanks everyone for the replies, it was only made so i could jump off my balcony and make it look real, the rest was to fill in time.