SD Digital Camcorder

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

kingstoph

SD Digital Camcorder

Post by kingstoph »

ok, my girlfreind works in superdrug and they got a digital camera there. it states it 3.1 mega pixels.

is it any good?

i got a 128mb SD card so i was wondering if its worth it
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: SD Digital Camcorder

Post by UFProductions »

A model number would do nice, or a price range, or any other info. 3.1 isn't very much these days, but will do plenty good for point and shoot stuff that will be printed at regular sizes. SD cameras are good, usually fast, though the card type doesn't affect that much.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

If it's a well trusted name like Sony, Canon, Kodak, Samsung, etc. than it might be a good choice. If it's not, I suggest looking it up online to find reviews. Also - 128 mb is roughly 200 high resolution photos, so that should be plenty.
kingstoph

Post by kingstoph »

Sorry i ment to say Digital Camcorder, ill find out this weekend all the specs and stuff. it was £89.99 but nows its £49.99 its not a bit brand name coz i would remember it. its on the site

http://www.superdrug.com/xmashim.php

i dont have to tell you what one it is coz its kinda blatant what it is, but theres not a very good discription... AT ALL!!
Im that guy thats been registerd here for YEARS and rarely posts :-D
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Interesting, it's cheap, but the results will be cr**. It gets a no-vote from me.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

As a novelty item, it'd be kinda cool. As a camera for any kind of serious work, it would suck.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

How much is $49.99 American? Anyway, a camcorder that runs on an SD card could give questionable results. I don't think that they store very much video. If you're looking for anything manual at all like a microphone-in jack, you probably won't find it on there. If you want to make a home movie, that is a nice choice. If you want to make a film that you will edit, get a MiniDV, Digital8 or even a Hi-8 camcorder.

Still, it's better than the CVS One-Time-Use Camcorders :) Who would ever come up with that?

kingstoph

Post by kingstoph »

Has anyone seen my Film Beer of the Dead? its on my site, video quality like that i dont mind at all. thats the kinda film ill be doing anyway. even my Big ones :-D coz thats how i want it. very very cheap but a realy good Film. somthing you wont mind putting on a DS or Phone
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

oh! my friend had one of these camcorders at one time. It is indeed a very neat device. Although, as you would guess, the quality is pretty bad. I do remember him creating a movie with video shot with it, and it wasn't much to speak of. It was hard to watch, easily blurred, digital zoom made it worse. Not a very good choice. I'll see if he has any of the footage left, and send it for you to screen. If it were up to me, I wouldn't waste my money. but then again, everyone's opinions differ...
kingstoph

Post by kingstoph »

i spotted another digital camcorder online, the resolution was 640*whatever and it was 3.1, compared to the superdrug one which is only 320*200 would it be better to go for the bigger res? as its made to have a bigger image and to be in 3.2 wont that make it worth looking at? or should i go back to the site and see it theres any user reviews?