Need your Help!

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Need your Help!

Post by jcdenton »

EDITED:
It is very likely that this Community Project is no longer active, due to the reasons explained in one of my posts below (scroll to bottom).

The inital Idea was:
------------------
Hi. I am currently working on a short action movie project, working title DNA ( http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8064 ), and it seems like it's gonna be complete soon. Now I need some Actors from all over the world for the following scenes:

The main actors friend Debora is contacting Hackers from all over the world to help her in a brute force attack against the servers of the evil company "Omega Genetics". It will then be edited in a way that shows hackers all over the world, one by one, joining this distributed attack until the servers root access password is finally hacked.

What I need is: about 6 seconds of you, sitting behind your computer and fanaticly typing something on the keyboard, with a mean smile on your face. That's all I need. The perspective should be something from behind your monitor, so the audience cannot see what's on the screen. Your face should of course be visible, at least partially and the camera may be moving (strafe thing maybe). The lights maybe should be of type "night session". The enviroment may be your original home, since you play yourself to some degree.

About 6 seconds, preferably in DV-Avi, HiQ WMF, or quicktime MOV. Please no DivX or XVid. It should be full resolution PAL or SECAM, but NTSC is ok too. Please keep filesize low and quality high if possible.

If you wish you will be named in the actors credits with your name. Additionally I'll will offer a copy of the full movie to download.

It would be so great if a lot of people can help me here.

Just send your zipped movie to hanshuber008@yahoo.com. Don't forget to mention your name and the town and country you come from inside your email.

Thanks a million!!!
------------------------
Last edited by jcdenton on Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

I'm sure I could manage six seconds out of my day... :D I'll try and tackle this after school today for you. I'll be sure to e-mail you soon.
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

Your contribution is highly appreciated! Thanks to all you guys who already sent me a clip! This is going to be a real international production. And one day some movie history scientists will say "they already worked together in 2005!" :)

Don't be shy, send me a clip, thanks!
fi11m-m4k3r

Post by fi11m-m4k3r »

Hehe... I sent you one. Is the movie in english?
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

Thanks a lot. Basicly the movie is in swiss language. There will be a version with english subtitles. Maybe we gonna synchronize it with english text.

Nevertheless I hope to get some help of you guys, since this is an international moviemaker forum and it won't make you a lot of work.

I really need more people.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

ill try to make up one....
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

that would be great!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Hah! Maybe, maybe... I'll see if I have some extra time tonight. :)
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

You would save my day - sir!
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

Wait a minute, maybe I drop this whole Scene. So stop working on this if you already started.

The reason why is: the support for this idea, in this forum as well as in my neigbourhood and in my Actors relationships and enviroments is so very weak that I may have to drop the whole thing.

Problably I will now show only images of towns, with some modem sounds, to suggest a worldwide action. The number of people who used to help me with this is simply to low. Thanks to FilmMaker and Rep22, you will of course get a free DVD and you'll be listed in the Special Thanks section, no matter if I drop the idea or not.

I hope you don't mind, sorry for the troubles.