"Little Black Riding Hood" (version 2)

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kellockx

"Little Black Riding Hood" (version 2)

Post by Kellockx »

I edited the film to 1.24 minutes and added original music made by my boyfriend.
The film was original 4.54 minutes, i like the shorter version better, what do you think ??

Download : "Little Black Riding Hood" (3 MB)

http://www.goolockx.be
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: "Little Black Riding Hood" (version 2)

Post by DarkElastic »

Weird... Some nice shots. Spooky music. I loved the suited wolf. It's not one of my favourite Nursery Rhymes, so I was happy with the ending. How could you mix your grandmother up with a wolf?

Good effort - extremely weird though. 7 out of 10.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

So what the heck happened to Version 1!

Okay what i liked about this, was the atmosphere, it was creepy, nihilistic and foreboding, with relevance to the subculture entwined within the film (ie. punk goth) and the music too was so ghastly that it worked, as an ambient. The figures of the gasmask monster, and the wolf figure in a suit, were effective at conveying horrible disorientation to the audience.

The problems however, are for me not anything technical really, (the b&w, style) either, all effective, I think really its the concept. While very sophisticated, in its execution, I think the whole sub culture of goth/punk etc, in its current 'commercial vogue' will lend many to dismiss the film, even before it begins, as something 'all so typical of that adolescent depression linked fascination' Im not saying thats what is true, btw that is just a majority opinion of the public (at least in the UK) The girl killing suicide, her licking an egg (occurs in another classic noveau short film) and the juxtaposition of strange shots and effects (like the wolves head spinning) are and would be to some - cliche'd

Every adolescent themed film, particularly made by adolescents (of which i biologically am too lol) is percieved by older folk, as these depression themed stories ending in suicide, but for a goth one to do so with classic noveau styles and editing, well, it for that reason may be so easily dismissed by the very people who would have the mindsets to appreciate the technical superiority of your film.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Well said. I watched the original piece you made available months back and enjoyed it. Interesting new version, much tighter than the original yet you still kept what was good about the first piece. I like Dracula too, you guys are a little diffrent which makes watching fun.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

I think I liked the original the best still. Maybe a cross between the two..mid length one.
The thing I liked about the original is it gave me more time to sit there going...."this is freaking weird"....now its over by the time I think that.

Anyway my two cents.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]