"I Want Money" movie idea and clip

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

"I Want Money" movie idea and clip

Post by Kentertainment »

A busy year it is for me. As you know, I just finished up my movie "Code of Dissolution". I am now going to sink my teeth right into my next project that will be sent to 1 or 2 local film festivals (one is a national). It is titled "I Wany Money".

The Story
A young man named Tommy is beging pushed by his father to get a job and stop begging him for money. Now his son will do anything he can to earn money but not get a job. One day he is invited to play a "Creature" type card game with a fellow resident, he finds that they hustle each other for money. The perfect goldmine for Tommy.

It is most definetly a comedy and it will be my very first movie that contains an original score that is natural instrument born music. We will begin filming by the end of this month and carry on into October.

Any comments about the idea or things I can do to improve it?

Last edited by Kentertainment on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
nosignalfilms

RE: My next film.

Post by nosignalfilms »

its ok well good luck on the movie
(\__/) THIS IS BUNNY GIVE HIM
(o.O ) WORLD DOMINATION
(>< )*
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yeah well should be cool, basically do what im doing with Deathsquad, ie. make a film that can be legimately and legally entered into film festivals, not (sorry guys) crappy high school bs ones or anything like that, but proper commercial film festivals.

The way to do that is easy, its simply to keep things legit and legal, as regards to copyright. Cos then with that sorted, you can really show off ur film to professionals who could end up helping ya/ take ya seriously or give ya good advice.
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

And you say it isn't an autobiography? ;) Sounds good, good luck.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Well, the part about the parents begging him to get a job is sort of related to my life, I mean who wants to work!

Also, the people that invite him to play the game are extreme nerd kids. The reason they play each other for money is because they too don't have jobs, they obtain the money they have from winning science fairs.

I know it doesn't sound like something that would really happen, but that's the point. I'm making this movie so stupid that it's funny...at least to me.

My original idea was to have two kids go on a road trip over Christmas Break and everything goes wrong but after a while I realized the idea seems overused, as in people doing something and it all goes wrong.
Supertrunks65

Post by Supertrunks65 »

Ha! i like the idea. there are so many of those card playnig nerd dudes at my school i just dont understand that stuff. good luck on the movie cant wait till its done.
:)
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Re: My next film.

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Great! I know plaenty of card palyers. they all happen to be swim team but great. sounds fun.

Kentertainment wrote:A busy year it is for me. As you know, I just finished up my movie "Code of Dissolution". I am now going to sink my teeth right into my next project that will be sent to 1 or 2 local film festivals (one is a national). It is titled "I Wany Money".

The Story
A young man named Tommy is beging pushed by his father to get a job and stop begging him for money. Now his son will do anything he can to earn money but not get a job. One day he is invited to play a "Creature" type card game with a fellow resident, he finds that they hustle each other for money. The perfect goldmine for Tommy.

It is most definetly a comedy and it will be my very first movie that contains an original score that is natural instrument born music. We will begin filming by the end of this month and carry on into October.

Any comments about the idea or things I can do to improve it?

ProdigyFilmsinc.

RE: Re: My next film.

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

have fun
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Screenplay will be finished by this weekend and filming will start at the end of this month. I'll make a sweet trailer for everybody but it shouldn't be online or anything until December or January, gotta do some music.
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

sounds a little gay JK I can't wait to be in it.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

My Next Film: "I Want Money"

Post by Kentertainment »

To all whom it may concern. We began filming the movie today, over a course of 3 or 4 weekend we will film and complete the production stage.

For more info (which will be updated weekly) go to: http://kentertainmentpicts.tripod.com/iwantmoney.html

As for all those who are still waiting for "Code of Dissolution" I was informed by Lawriejaffa that he'd have it hosted and a link up for me within 24 hours...that was 4 days ago. So Lawrie, where ever you are, what's going on? Haha, I'm not in any rush but I think a few others are.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: My Next Film: "I Want Money"

Post by aaronv2 »

I dont like the idea of the card game being used to hustle. It sounds kind of lame and boring how are you going to make the game look interesting?

I watched poolhall junkies the other night and even the pool game montages were kind of boring.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Well, the movie can only be 20min or under so the scenes won't be terribly long and I'm not having them play the game like you usually would (With wierd power ups and all that cr**). That part of the story dealing with the cards is kinda the sub-plot, the main focus is on the how the main characters "greed" turns him into a jerk.

As for Poolhall Junkies, to my understanding it was filmed in SLC.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Here is a clip for my upcoming film "I Want Money" which I have bombarded you with banners and posters and such, anywho this is second scene (very short) and the opening shot I can easily make not as dark which I will do. Comments anybody?

Oh yes, in one part you can here the "Jerry, Jerry" chant on the t.v. Since I'm putting this in a film festival I actually e-mailed the folks at jerry springer for permission to use this, if they decline, oh well I can change it, but for now it's there.

clip #1, 12mb
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Kenny, I think you're getting a little over concerned with this copyrighted material stuff, especially if you emailed Jerry Springer for the chant of the name "Jerry, Jerry."

Clips good nonetheless.
@seanbagley
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Haha yeah, I realized that too later. Still better safe than sorry, anywho I took it out and just added some people cheering, laughing, and booing.

For updates, we're filming the rest of this film tomorrow and I'll have a trailer out sometime by the weekend or next week. Wow that went by a lot faster than "Code of Dissolution"
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Just a couple of comments: I think you should pan/centre the audio a little, it sounds like it was recorded with a Mono microphone (it's only on the left side). Other than that, very good!
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Thanks Clarence I took it into consideration and it is now fixed.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Looks like this thread gets the dubious distinction of being the first I post in on my PSP from my living room. Basically the only problem I have with the clip is that the acting is a little too forced/fake. Other than that it looks pretty good, directing and editing are both top notch, looking forward to the final product.