working title DNA - wip...

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

working title DNA - wip...

Post by jcdenton »

Hi everybody. I just want to tell you - I'm still around and our current project (currently named DNA) is coming along nicely. It's a nobudget production and therefor the actors cannot be forced to appear on the set unlimited times etc. you know what I mean. Sometimes I'd wish to make an other take because of bad lights, continuity errors etc. but in the end of the day you simply have to let it be.

Right now I cannot offer any movies, but here are some thumbs:

THere's a guy who's hired as an assasin. He first has to learn the skills of terror and assasination. After a couple of time they send him to kill somebody. It turns out they want him to kill a young woman. He refuses to kill her. Now they try to kill him too. It's their last mistake...

Somewhere between taxi driver, nikita and rambo. Well, it's gonna be a short movie, 20 minutes or so.

I'll let you know when there are news or movies.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: working title DNA - wip...

Post by OutcastJiob »

Photography looks beautiful man, I think that's some of, if not the, best cinematography I've seen here. Looking forward to hearing more about it!
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Looks fantastic, reminds me of the Borne Identity in look and story. Very professional looking, I shall look forward to updates with anticipation.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

Thanks. Although we try to give our best, there's still a zillion of things that are far from perfection. Well it's fun for the crew, that's most important. And yes, Jason Bourne may have inspired me too. BTW this is the same city where he used to beat up two cops who didn't let him sleep in the park - funny scene :)
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

What is that sniper rifle by the way? Airsoft? Expensive?
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

it's a 7.5*55 Stgw57 Assault rifle, in Service until ~1990 in the swiss army. The sight was taken from a .22lr carabine, just mounted for dramatisation.

The stgw57 is a nice rifle. Ordinary soldiers used it for 300 meter range, where in other armies they cal themselfes snipers with 150 Meter ranges (eg using AR15) :)

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as45-e.htm

Since the government decided to get rid of the dozens of thousands of stgw57's, they kind of flooded the second hand market, therefor the prices dropped very low. Also, every retired soldier will get his rifle for free as a personal gift from the army when he finishes service. A lot of them have no use for a rifle at home, so they sell it. I have bought mine for 300 Swiss Francs, that's about 200 Euro. Also, the government decided not to sell the mayority of the rifles they still have (they don't want them to appear in a conflict etc, due to neutrality), instead they are goint to "disassemble" them.

Of course I couldn't play the scene in the car parking house with the rifle, so we used a greenscreen in this scene. BTW the background in the picture is only a test background.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Those almost looked as good as shots from a Mushiman film!
Moderating behind the bushes!
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »