Why Adobe Premiere?

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Adam

Why Adobe Premiere?

Post by Adam »

Most of the stuff on this site seems to focus on Adobe Premiere. Is Adobe Premiere that much better than other editing packages? Why don't you do more stuff with any of the other packages on the market?

I can't afford Premiere it is too expensive :P
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Premiere is the package we use for all our video editing needs. There are a number of reasons why we use Premiere which should explain why it gets a fair few mentions!

1. Premiere is one of the first packages we used. As video editing packages are fairly complicated we didn't want to spend time learning how to use new packages. Once we were familiar with it we didn't feel the need to try out other packages.

2. Once we became familiar with the bits of Premiere we needed to use we realised that other packages didn't really offer anything that Premiere wasn't capable of doing.

3. There are loads of resources for Premiere on the net. So once again we found it easier to support our activities because there was plenty of free support on the web. Including plugins and tutorials.

So in other words although Premiere is extremely powerful other packages are still a viable alternative. We were happy with it so we stuff with it.

In these days of cheaper cameras and PC based editing stuff the alternatives to Premiere have got a lot better. MGI VideoWave is a good example. Hopefully you will still be able to apply the techniques on this site to any video editing package. If anyone wants to supply alternative tutorials for other packages then I would be happy to include them.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Final Cut Pro is a good one, some might say the best, but once I managed to get Premiere I never looked back!
Adam

:cool:

Post by Adam »

The latest version of adobe premiere is 6.1 but the main difference (others are mainly cosmetic ) between this and previous versions is the native support for DV. If you don't keed or want you could try and get hold of a previous version which might be cheaper.
Bad Karma

Post by Bad Karma »

Before I bought Premiere, I used ULead Video Studio, which was quite good, but didn't have all the options that Premiere offers.
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Recently I had a problem using Adobe Premiere 6 so I used Pinnacle Studio 7 to create a VCD I was working on.

It is quite good for basic stuff.

The Kylie VCD turned out quite well :)
Grant

Post by Grant »

Just started usin Premiere 6.5. I have founf Premiere to be very easy to use and understand.
papasitopimp

Post by papasitopimp »

adobe's products are the best, i like final cut pro, but i dont have a mac, and i hate using an emulator