grounded audio?

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

joe

grounded audio?

Post by joe »

Hey yall,

I am using a Beachtek audio adapter with a sennheiser me66 mic setup. I was wondering, does anyone know how i can ground my audio so that i don't get so much buzzing going on? I may have used the term incorrectly, but I think you'll get my drift. I've heard you can touch the little copper metal pieces on the bottom of the adapter to a piece of metal on the camera and that might help, but should there be a constant link like with a plate or what? Thanks for your help.

Joe
Lemonus
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: grounded audio?

Post by Raptor »

Make sure the phantom power settings match between the beachtek and the mic, sounds lik eit might be an issue there. Also check that the impedence is correct on the mic to the beachtek and the beachtek to the cam. ALso the beachtek should be using a line level voltage out, and the camera set to accept a line level input. I assume you are using a balanced input from the mic to the beachtek, so verify there are no shorts across an of the conductors in the mic cable. If that all checks out, then try using a wire with aligator clips to ground the beachtek to the camera. That actually could make the hum worse if the beachtek and camera body are floating at different ground levels.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands