"Code of Dissolution" Teaser Trailer

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

"Code of Dissolution" Teaser Trailer

Post by Kentertainment »

Hello everybody, here is the teaser trailer to Kentertainments newest film "Code of Dissolution". The Teaser does reveal a little bit for a teaser but not too much (I like it that way). Basically, a computer technician is fixing some computers when he accidentally hacks into somebody else's computer. He finds exclusive information on somebody else who is later found dead.

http://savefile.com/files/1324184 (Quicktime 4.23mb)
Last edited by Kentertainment on Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: "Code of Dissolution" Screenshots (Teaser Soon

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Looking good Kenny!
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

There's one part in this teaser where the main character is talking to his friend about the information he finds. It'll be in the movie but I can't film this scene until after July 16th so we recorded him saying a few lines mashed together about the Blood type and such. Just wanted to let everyone know so you're not confused when the film is released.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Does anybody ever respond anymore, the last movie I posted nobody responded to it.
movie_freak2

Post by movie_freak2 »

I thought it was way cooool!! Very cinematic! Love the part where it say: 'The Following Preview Has Been Approved For All Audiences'!!! Awesome!
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RE: "Code of Dissolution" Screenshots (Teaser

Post by maj_barnes »

Kentertainment wrote:Does anybody ever respond anymore, the last movie I posted nobody responded to it.
I think it's because no one knows what dissolution means.

I liked the trailer, I can't wait for it to come out. I really like the who showing what he found out, the sound that went with it made it seem very trailery.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: "Code of Dissolution" Screenshots (Tea

Post by Kentertainment »

Thanks. For those that don't know what dissolution means, it's basically a bigger word for saying "Death" but Code of Death would really sound cheesy. Because he makes a flaw in a code he hacks into somebody's computer, then when somebody is after him it puts him in a life and death situation because of the error in that one code. Thats why I gave it the title it has.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Looks good, can't wait to see the final.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

very nice. I like the story line. Im interested in seeing the whole movie. keep us posted!
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Thanks everybody, if all goes to plan I should have majority of principle photography done by the end of this month and the movie online near mid-August.
theChad

Post by theChad »

This looks like it could be really cool. I can't wait to see it.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

So far I've been getting most of the dialogue scenes finished before I start any of the action scenes. I'm going to D.C. next week and when I get back I'm pretty sure we're going to soar right through it. If all goes according to plan I should hopefully have the full trailer up by the end of July or beginning of August. Also, yesterday few people helping with the movie and I were discussing what we should do when the film is done. At the main downtown library there is an auditorium that can seat about 150 people we can rent out for free if we have the movie open to the public or $100 if we have a private group.
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

funny thing I have a friend whos black and his name is....derek gudson exactly hilarious
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

hudson * apologies
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Looking good! I have a minor complaint (it'd be extremely hard to accidentally hack into a computer), but apart from that, the movie looks sweet! I even had to rewind just to check the lighting at the phone part, I really liked it. Good work ^_^
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
asapfilms

Post by asapfilms »

I know what you mean Kentertainment... I posted one of my videos reasonatly and had to keep bumping in back up because no one was replying. Lots of views but no replies... Anyways, that trailer was sick!!! It really did look like an actual movie! I read something about not understanding the title above and first off I got to say, that title is great, it totally pulled me in... I was only here to check and see if someone had posted in my video thread
*Cough* http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7642 *Cough*
and I usually never look at other peoples topics, Im very selfish that way, but this title just grabed me!!!! And about not knowing what dissilusion meant, I think that pulls more in, I had no clue what it meant. I feel that a title that creates curiosity within the viewer is a great title and this one has it! Anyways, great job! Looking forward to seeing the final version in hawkins film gallery!!!
ASAP Films
www.asapfilms.com
Amateur Screenplays, Amateur Productions
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

That's alot of stuff to cough up.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

OutcastJiob wrote:I even had to rewind just to check the lighting at the phone part, I really liked it. Good work ^_^
That was basically the regular lighting you get from filming at a gas station, I basically color corrected a really smooth bluish-green look to it.

Glad everyone is enjoying it so far. Just barely I put this online, it's nothing all that exciting just a site to keep things updated frequently.

http://codeofdissolution.tripod.com/

As of July 12th - 17th though there will be no updates because I'll be gone.
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

I thought that was a supreme trailer. Looks good dude. Can't wait to see the finished product.
"Prolly Just Film"
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Just thought I'd post some movie stills up and update everybody.

This picture is from a house raiding scene (we had to shoot this in fullscreen because of camera problems)

This is Christopher Orman (Jaramillo) waiting to make a hit on a jogger.

This is Derek Hudson (Bagley) making a call to a detective after a stressful day.

Currently we haven't been filming much but tomorrow I'm going to film some office scenes that take up most of the beginning to this movie, about a 1/4 of the expected 40min movie takes place in what we are filming tomorrow, the scenes set up the entire movie practically. We plan to finish filming near the end of August so the full trailer should be up around then.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Can we expect enough shooting, I have a short attention span.
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

I can't wait to check that out. I"m sure its gonna be good. :D
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

maj_barnes wrote:Can we expect enough shooting, I have a short attention span.
Hmm...well, every so often yeah, I'm really one of those people that likes to tell a story through words more than blood, guts, and gore....don't worry there is plenty of action. I suggest when it's complete you pick a day or night you have nothing to do.

As for filming we are now 45% complete and by the end of this week should be 60-70% complete. We just filmed part of the last scene and will film the (I guess you could say) big showdown tomorrow night. I might have a clip up soon (No Guarantees).
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Rightie!

Well first of all the name dissolution i think is quite poor, most people associate that with er its obvious definition, 'to dissolve' (in effect) tho it can refer to meanings that are more destructive. However, the biggest prob is of course, the length, and the number of syllables, (typos in there probably lol)

Code of Dissolution, (6) hardly flies of the tongue, you might want to consider having 1 word, with more impact that gets more to the point, that you are doing a 'techno thriller'

Just of the top of my head, id consider a name like, 'Cipher' something that reflects the edge of 'cool' that really, techno thrillers usually try to utilise, something easy to read.

As for the trailer itself, the 'motion picture association approved' i really wonder why people add these, unless it has been approved, it just makes a trailer look ridiculous. (fine for a trailer parody see 1812) but you don't do this, so don't cheapen your film trailer by using it.

For the first 28 seconds, the trailer is quite professional, it cuts fast in pace, the sound is alright, it adds the atmosphere of a techno thriller (hence identifying its genre also.)(note with the I AM KING ltd, if it is a limited company, thats fine, if not then don't put it in...)

'I unintentionally hacked into someones computer' this is not very convincing, and bear in mind the suspension of disbelief in the audience only works if you convince them your fiction is 'reality'
Of course your character may say that line for any reason in the film, but in the trailer, it does raise an eyebrow, that your film cannot afford.

Howard Emerson graphics et all, are not too bad, (a little artificial those graphic effects of the page, but entirely acceptable but very 'television' in style...

Now back into footage, our hitman looks great lightwise but the recoil when he fires, is way way over the top. So much so, that not only gun afficiandos will recognise this...

The news footage sequence is visually quite impressive, but your performer obviously has not had enough time to go over his lines, for his eyes move about, (this makes the news section look amatuerish which you can ill afford) corrected simply by having your news guy keep looking straight.

The rest of the trailer runs pretty well, and is charming enough but, your ending, where is your link to your site? your contacts. for example.

Coming Soon (its there sure but)
///
Coming Soon

K Entertainment
www.dafadsasd.com
///

Bear in mind also to use music outwith your legal copyright er right, to do so (im not presuming you haven't but so many do here!)

In any case, your trailre is NOT a teaser, it is a trailer (you might have intended to make a teaser but this has not happened ;)

As another tip in general, be careful, if you are that kind of nerdy chap who has lots of nerdy looking friends, for if you use them primarily you may end up having a film that looks more like a homevideo of the college chess tournament than a feature ;) (be wary to use people that arent all young, and arent of a same look)

Good luck though, cant wait to see it finished :)
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

oops i went and sent same post twice // edited now :)