Need help with Action movie scenes

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Need help with Action movie scenes

Post by mickcar73 »

Im doing this action movie thing during the summer with my friends. Its about some cops trying to stop some terrorists who have stolen plutonium and have made a nuke. The terrorists will demand a free meal, 1 million pounds and the presidents head on a plate ( the president is a real jerk ).
Ive got props and everything but i need some ideas on big action scenes, car chases etc.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Need help with Action movie scenes

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Im not sure how old you guys are because that'll definitely be a factor in a car chase. At least several of you are gonna need a license and not to mention the whole speed limit thing. A couple of nice shoot outs would be good. Maybe you could try to do a shootout from across buildings with snipers. Or have a pistol fight in between buildings in an alley. The terrorists could be hiding in a building somewhere, and when the cops try to swarm it the bad guys start firing mortars at them as they come. That'd be a good way to have some good looking, cheap explosions.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

Yeah thats a pretty good idea for the sniper thing. we already have this huge old building picked out. its got loads of rusted fences , burned out rooms overgrown with plants and a big open space with wooden carts and hiding places for snipers.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

You should combine the shoot out with the car chase, do a whole Heat type deal.
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

Thats good, i can see how that will work. i was also thinking of doing a scene were one of the cops brings the president to a carpark where the terrorists are waiting. they say if he doesnt kill the president, they will blow up the bomb. this could be a sort of tension building scene as you dont know if he'll kill him or not. what do u think?
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

i think you should have him bring the president in with a bag over his head, when the terrorist leader says to kill him or they'll blow it, he should casually say ok and blow the president away. When the deadman falls down, the bag falls off of his head and we see that its just terrorist henchman dressed up like the pres. this distraction gives the cops partner enough time to disable the bomb and shootout ensues...
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
naflish

Post by naflish »

didnt the terrorist want to see the president's face before executing him? its just not real that the terrorist want to kill someone he not ensure. try this, use the real president and come with a bag of money (the 1 million) with small explosive hidden.... and demand back to the terrorist.. the money or the president.... if he choose the money~ boom...bye bye mr terrorist.... but it'll create more tension if he choose the president. ist it? :p
}}}{{{{
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

i was thinking that if he shot the president and gives over money and the meal, that there could be a tracking device in the food. one of the terrorists eats it and they follow him to the hideout, but he does a sh*t and the tracker is inside the big pile. :msgoodguy:
naflish

Post by naflish »

hahaha.. thats funny.. this will make it a funny-stupid-all hell breaks lose kinda police story.. remember Police Academy? hehe..mybe change it to Terrorist Academy..aah haaa. never heard that before! shoot it now!..
}}}{{{{
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

The whole poop thing reminds me of JP3.