blank firing guns with front mussle flash

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Directordude

blank firing guns with front mussle flash

Post by Directordude »

I am wondering if anyone has found a blank firing gun(preferebly a revolver) that shoots flames or mussle flash out the front instead on the top.
I am thinking this is only possible through real guns and blanks. If i am wrong please correct me with an example!!!!
I Love blank guns I have two but they can't shoot flames out the front which is one of the main reasons for buying them.

Directordude
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

I'm getting a Blank Firing (Front Firing Model-Muzzle flash goes through front of gun, not top.) Bruni Glock 17. It's pretty expensive. But I'm willing to pay for it. I'm also getting these special blank rounds that give off a large flash. (They're called "Flash Defence Rounds.") I should be getting this in about month. The only way you can get one is if you import it. (They only make Top Firing Models in the U.S.) I know for sure that there's Front Firing revolvers. I'll put a video online of me shooting it when I get it.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

The reason for that is safety. You should not discharge a blank closer than 10 yards to a person when the weapon is pointed toward them. Remember, it is still gunpowder. A blank fired at close range can seriously injure or kill a person.
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

That's why you never point a blank firing gun at anybody. :wink:
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

You don't want to point any kind of firearm at anybody directly. Even with toy guns, it is a good habit to perform.
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

great great guys but still I dont have a link to look up front firing blank guns. I know its not safe to fire them at people. the best way to film this sort of thing is to set camera up and lets actor fire right into the camera...not directly figuring this would damage the camera lens( but close enough or zoomed in

links please!!!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Links? I would get a real firearm... it'll be cheaper than any nice blank firing you're looking for.
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Yeah, just don't put any bullets in. That's what I do, and it looks great!
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

hmm.. or you could use an airsoft gun or a plug fire cap gun and forgoe the possibilty of blowing off a large portion of your head... a good example is what they did on Enemy at the gates. Each day they would take one of the blank firing guns and a watermelon out. They would then stand at about the same distance they do during filming, and fired at the watermelon.. which promptly exploded due to the hot gasses. Simple enough
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Little trick I picked up when I used to play with cap guns when I was a kid. First make sure the "barrel" of the gun is unobtructed. Then take the ring of caps and give them a light misting of WD-40, into the open side of the cap (where you can see the white charge). Place it in the gun, and when you fire, a foot long tounge of flame will shoot out the front of the gun. The sound of the cap is also considerably muffled, so you dont have to worry about the prying eyes (ears?) of the public. Just be sure to use high quality ring caps, the cheap a** dollar store ones will just fizzle and die, and don't overdo it with the WD-40 either, you'll just drown the gunpowder in the cap.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Directordude wrote: I dont have a link to look up front firing blank guns.
ive never looked very in depth at gun props. you could do a google search or somethin. im sure you could easily find something yourself.
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

yeah google sucks realy bad once i looked up something for school and it was not anything related to george Washington. ot was more of a ....welll....not a good site.....but as said the use of real guns could work but if am wrong tell me they dont have enough power to kick back the gun to reload a shell. I have heard this before example the El Mariachi DVD describes one shot blanks at a time.

I would use real guns but I dont think this would help if no rapid fire is available....i mean this film needs fast firing western revolvers.

Directordude
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

It would'nt matter if it's a revolver you're shooting blanks with. Everytime you pull the trigger on a revolver, the cylinder moves to the next round. So you can shoot away as fast as you can with the blanks in a revolver. But if it's a pistol you're shooting with, you need to get a blank firing adapter and put in the barrel so it has enough pressure to c0ck back the slide to load up the next blank round into the chamber.
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

yes this is true i thought this ws true
but I wanted to make sure to see if there are some blank firing rifles like smith and wesson type
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

There are no front-firing rifles. With rifles, I'd just use real ones. It would be much easier to find a blank firing adapter for a rifle than a pistol. http://www.iar-arms.com/blank-rifles.htm Here's a blank firing rifle. It fires 8MM blanks and I wouldn't buy it. It's top-firing. Just use a real rifle with blanks.
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

a blank adapter does what exactly?
It still lets the exhausts go out the front?
what does it do?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Blank ammunition isn't the same dimensions as a real cartridge, an adapter is essentially a ring that narrows the barrel of the original gun without damaging it, so the blank round will fit snugly and fire correctly. They do not block the barrel of the gun, or else it would explode when you fire.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

The blank firing adapter that I'm talking about, you put on the end of the barrel. It still lets the force from the blank round go out the front. But it goes out of a little hole that is in front of the barrel. This then makes some of the force go back to c0ck the slide/bolt back to chamber the next round.

P.S.

Here's a picture I found of the front-firing blank gun I'm getting. It's a 9MM Bruni Glock 17. I should have it in about 3 weeks. Notice how there is no blaze orange plug in the barrel. It is open to allow the gasses to exit through the fake barrel to produce a muzzle flash.

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Nice, how much it setting you back? And thanks for clearing up the adapter thing, I was refering to one's for rifles.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

It's pretty expensive.

$200 - 1 blank firing Glock 17, 1 magazine, 1 cleaning rod, 1 shooting cup, 1 instructions booklet, and 1 case.
+
$20 - 1 Extra magazine.
+
$21 - 30 rounds of "Flash Defence" blank ammo. (Makes a bigger flash.)
+
$15 - Box of regular 9MM PA blanks. (50 rounds)
+
$15 - S&H

Total = $271

Like I said, it's pretty expensive, but it will last a long time. I'll probably use it in my movies when ever I can. It's going to be pretty funny, I'll be using my nice, expensive blank firing gun, while my friends use their airsoft guns.
Last edited by slimdog55 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camiziodeltoro

Post by camiziodeltoro »

try some german sites, they sell replica handguns with a front muzzleflash. Type in google: schreckschuss . They also sell originals wich have been conformed to shoot 8mm or 9mm blanks, like the k98 for around 175 to 200 euro' s. Type in google: salut waffen .
they sell in germany to anyone who is 18+. I don't know about shipping. check your local laws before purchasing and shipping one . It would be a waste of money if it where to be seized by customs.
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

You can still get them out of customs, it would just cost twice as much as the gun did to get them out. :D
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

How would you get them through customs?
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

Actually, I don't order the blank guns myself. I met this guy who was selling some blank firing Glock 17's and 26's on eBay. I E-Mail him, and I found out he orders them from Italy and imports them to the U.S. It's funny how camiziodeltoro said that it would be a waste of money if they were seized by Customs, because this guys last shipment was seized. He had to pay a expensive fine to get them out. He will get his shipment in about 2-3 weeks. So if you're looking for blank firing (front firing) Glock 17 or Glock 26, check eBay in about 2-3 weeks. Just type in "blank glock" and it should bring it up.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

slimdog55 wrote:There are no front-firing rifles.
Actually........

There IS a company that started selling blank-designed rifles with the front flash. They look identical and work relatively identical to real rifles. They were made for reenactors and filmmakers of the like. Unfortunately, they'll cost you around $700-6,000. :lol: