QUENTIN TARANTINO'S STAR WARS

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

PapaMurf

QUENTIN TARANTINO'S STAR WARS

Post by PapaMurf »

I am trying to do a Tarantinoesque Star Wars movie. What kinda debates should I have? (ex. Hash talk in pulp fiction or Like a Virgin talk in Reservoir Dogs) also, any suggestions? I was thinking about doing 4,5,6 with flashbacks to the others, especially 3. Thanx
Proud Founder of Naked Time Inc. A division of Strawberry Productions
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

i dont think those two would mix well at all. just my opinion
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I will second that, it just wouldn't work.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I third it. It's an odd idea, and I have no idea how you're gonna make them.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

You mean like a bloody/gory/violent Star Wars Movie?
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
PapaMurf

Post by PapaMurf »

Basically. I am either gonna do this, or a horror movie I've been working on title Twilight Twins. It's a campy horror. Imagine a crossbreed of Candyman and Scream. Which should I do. Horror or QT Star Wars?
Grant

Post by Grant »

I think it would work. Imagine Mace played as Samuel Jackon's character from Pulp Fiction. Do you know what they call a 400gig Burger on Tatooine? Mutha****er lol
MasterMike

Post by MasterMike »

Just stick lightsabers on Kill Bill.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Hasn't the whole Starwars Sextology been a bit Tarrantinoesque in a way with the order of the movies not playing from EP1 to EP6?
Moderating behind the bushes!
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

I'd love to see QT Star Wars. It has potential!
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
PapaMurf

Post by PapaMurf »

Okay, kewl. Any suggestions? I am trying to figure out a setting. Should it be space or on Earth?
NPMAX

Post by NPMAX »

Go for it. Have a Jedi modeled after Mr. Pink, Mr. White, Mr. Blonde and Vic Vega and Jules Winfield playing Empire people. MAybe ave a Bill type character as Han Solo or something. Lots of sex and drugs dialogue and over the top violence.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

ok lemme get this straight, are you making a spoof of star wars with quentin tarantino characters? or are you making star wars in a quentin tarantino style? cause i think the quintin tarantino styled star wars could get far....
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

the opening should be Luke and Han Solo in the Millenium Falcon having long drawn out pointless conversation about nerf herders or something
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
PapaMurf

Post by PapaMurf »

well, usually the opening is like a side story (Pulp Fiction Pumpkin and Honey Bunny) so I was thinking Han Greedo confrontation, and then after opening credits we could have a scene in the falcon.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I think this will only work if you know your star wars so inside and out so that you can make the conversations work right, and i just have this feeling that if you pump a Star Wars flick full of graphic violance and profanty it will just feel wrong. So what I would do is this, have the layout be in the way you want, have the diologe move along at the same pace, but try and avoid profanity or go with Star wars profanty, its out there, sithspawn being my favorate. But go for some graphic violance that wouldn't be too bad aslong as its not to much, maybe have somebody get there head splated across the sheild of the falcon. But as for drugs sex and total crime go for it. Also using Jedi would just not feel right in this flick, maybe two sith and a few hired bounty hunters because in a movie like this you need their scum. (man that was a bad referance :)
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

Almondo99 wrote:You mean like a bloody/gory/violent Star Wars Movie?
Revenge of the Sith is MUCH more violent than anything, Kill BIill excluded, that QT has done.

How about "You know what they call a starship in Otto Gunga?"
"They dont call it a starship?"
"Nah man, they all annoying CGI retards, they wouldnt know what the f*ck a starship was"

I say it could work. I for one would like to see Tarantinos Star Wars
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

How is ROTS more violent than Pulp Fiction?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Almondo99 wrote:How is ROTS more violent than Pulp Fiction?
I second this question how is Sith more violent then pulp fiction, sure more people die but then its not nearly as graphicly violant as Pulp fiction, no heads get blown off no S&M no gut shots with a shotgun, etc.
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

So you're saying you were more comfortable watching pretty-boy Skywalker burned alive than a load of red paint being thrown on a car window? I laugh at QT's violence, RotS on the other hand - ouch!
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

That was surprising how graphic it was, not as much as Pulp Fiction though.
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

Pulp Fiction is not a particulary violent movie. It's PG-13 violence. Nothing is shown graphically, nearly every bit of violence is shown off screen.
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

it might have a lot of violance shown off screan but its still not PG-13 violance, a head being blown off, a man getting hit in the gut with a shotgun, its very quick but its there, etc. I didn't feel destered by any of the violance in any of the movies to be honist with you.
PapaMurf

Post by PapaMurf »

foxwood wrote:I think this will only work if you know your star wars so inside and out so that you can make the conversations work right, and i just have this feeling that if you pump a Star Wars flick full of graphic violance and profanty it will just feel wrong. So what I would do is this, have the layout be in the way you want, have the diologe move along at the same pace, but try and avoid profanity or go with Star wars profanty, its out there, sithspawn being my favorate. But go for some graphic violance that wouldn't be too bad aslong as its not to much, maybe have somebody get there head splated across the sheild of the falcon. But as for drugs sex and total crime go for it. Also using Jedi would just not feel right in this flick, maybe two sith and a few hired bounty hunters because in a movie like this you need their scum. (man that was a bad referance :)
Luckily, I am a Star Wars freak and it kinda shows. You have the same thoughts that I do. And I wasn't thinking about doing much language. Just like bantha poodoo and stuff. And I would have one sidestory about the bounty hunters. They were inspired by Jules and Vincent/ Resercoir Dogs