The Assassination

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

intersimi

The Assassination

Post by intersimi »

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and would just like to announce my new short film.

http://www.e-simister.com/The%20Assasination%20S.wmv

Great website.

regards,

Steve
Last edited by intersimi on Wed May 04, 2005 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
robosays21

RE: The Assassination

Post by robosays21 »

ok wow ive gotta say... no offense or anything, but that was pretty bad. this is supposed to be positve criticism but ive gotta say the sound was off, bad agles, YOU NEED A TRIPOD and definately need to make the movie a little bit better quality on the internet
intersimi

Post by intersimi »

Thanks for your feedback. I know the sound was bad, but my camera does not accomodate quality sound I am afraid. Could you offer any constructive critisism, rather than "the agles were bad", I mean, what angles?

Sorry you didn't like it.
redkorn

Post by redkorn »

what with the 5 yr old kids?
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

When I first saw the movie I laughed SO hard, it was pretty funny (this huge gun in this little girls hands). Also,my friend said he would be surpised if they went off on a killing spree due this experence at such a young age; but it was very funny.

Sound was bad but understandable under your conditions, angles were good just that you tended to do the same scene over and over (ie the ending), just pick a good angle and stick with it (although it did look cool). Also cut out some of the stopping parts, like when the two stop at the house it takes like 30 seconds for one of them to get out; why not see the car park then change and they come out right then? And if you noticed when the boy (sorry I don't remember his name) loaded the Mac 10, you see the girl with her gun already out.
intersimi

Post by intersimi »

Thanks Maj Barnes. Glad it made you laugh. It was supposed to be a sort of comedy ;)

Basically, a friend and myself are in competition to produce the best "film" with our kids in it. The whole filming part took 1 hour, tops. Post production about 4 hours, most of it learning ;)

I think I need to invest in some sort of sound "thingy", but my camera does not have the capability to add another mic. It is a ony DCR-IP7e.

Basically, I am just having fun with my kids and using my video camera.

As to the killing spree part... hehehe, my son plays more Halo than anything else, so the killing spree I would blame on that ;) I have however promised that the next short film will be a child friendly one with fairies and everything :)
intersimi

Post by intersimi »

P.S. I did wander about that last scene, but found it so funny myself, that I had to extend it.

Also did you notice the boy she shot was a clone? He shot himself.
intersimi

Post by intersimi »

Here is one of the other ones I did: http://www.e-simister.com/Simi%20Wars.wmv
cantoloupe

Post by cantoloupe »

that was probably one of the creepier things ive seen, but it was histarical. At first i was wondering why it ws called "assasination", but then the kid pulls out an uzi and im like WTF!! and then i laugh, funny
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Yea I did notice that, at first I thought it was a twin, then I saw the credits; how'd you get him on the ground and walking by?

That lightsaber movie is really funny too, I liked how they walked into that battle; but they were a little slow, you might want to speed it up. Love the title.
intersimi

Post by intersimi »

Adobe after effects was used to clone him in the final scene. Basically, I used the same technique as I used to make the light sabre effects, but instead of using white and illuminating that, I used a second set of footage with my son "shooting himself".

http://www.e-simister.com/Light%20Staff%201.wmv

The above was my first real attempt at making a light saber with me in it, but is not something that my family would want to watch, so I made a little scene with the kids. They loved doing it and the family thought it was great.

Alas, because of all of the comments (not just from you guys), I am going to have to make a few nice movies before the kids have another light saber fight. I planned to do another comedy/homage to Rocky/Star Wars and have the kids training, doing pushups and chin ups (all aided by myself, they would not be doing them themselves). You know, like one handed and 2 fingured etc, all to "eye of the tiger". They they are going to have a little hand to hand fight when they meet. The hand to hand stuff, I am going to use pullies etc to give them ariel kicks etc. Finally, when one of them is starting to lose, they are going to use light saers, but not as static as last time, more running around etc.

But, that is after a coupld of family, nice, child friendly shorts. :)
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

But, that is after a coupld of family, nice, child friendly shorts.
Sounds hard.
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

lolololololol
"Prolly Just Film"
trabre2003

Post by trabre2003 »

I'm doing a star wars film over the summer, can you tell us how to do lightsabers? I have a technique, but it is not as good looking.
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

ok, I liked the way the kid jumped when shot on the floor!!! Would of liked a change of camera angle at the end.
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
intersimi

Post by intersimi »

The light sabre effects were produced using Ryan Weiber's technique and can be found here: www.ryan-w.com

I have changed my mind again about my next short and am going to do a combination of fighting techniques, with a little bit of a plot.

It is going to have high ariel kicks (similar to Matrix and Croutching Tiger) with fast pace punching, finally, it is going to be a battle with light sabres, but not as static as my last one, they are going to have a running/moving battle, similar to the sword fight in 'The princess Bride' (If you have seen the film, you know which fight I am talking about). Again, it is going to be with my kids.

I think I will have to do a story board and scripts for this next one, just to make it a bit more proffessional.

Thanks for the tips - those of you that were sensible and of an adult age ;)
WeirdEars

Post by WeirdEars »

Well, the prop guns were good, and I liked the way you made it seem that the kids were driving...

A few muzzle flashes would go a long way...

You can make your own or head over to www.detonationfilms.com (they have ready-made muzzle flashes that you just use Luma Key over)
'Allo! It's me, The Head!

PLEASE RATE MY AVATAR!
intersimi

Post by intersimi »

I have seen muzzle flashes on other shorts and didn't think they looked too good, but I may give it a go and see what it looks like. Thanks for the tip.
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

Well if It was your aim to make me laugh, you accomplished your mission.
Visits? That would indicate visitors!
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

Dont be put off. Good Job.
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!