Fake Money

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Fake Money

Post by slimdog55 »

I made some fake money for my movies. I'm sorry for the really shitty quality pictures. And I'm sorry about the aspect ratio, it makes the bills look smaller than they actually are. On the left side of the front of the bill, where there is a circle logo, under it, it says "For Motion Picture Use Only." Anyways, here's the pictures.

Tell me what you think.
Last edited by slimdog55 on Tue May 03, 2005 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Fake Money

Post by maj_barnes »

Looks good, I guess the aspect ratio made it look like that, but still very nice.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Fake Money

Post by OutcastJiob »

How did you print both sides? When I was playing around with prop money a while ago my printer refused to print the back of the bill, and gave me some websight about the illegal-ness of counterfeiting. o_O

The bills look great!
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

I didn't print on both sides. Just one side.
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Looks pretty good.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
Spartan_Monkey

Post by Spartan_Monkey »

Yes does look good, but i only veiwed this topic because I thought you said Fake Monkey ^_^;;
fi11m-m4k3r

Post by fi11m-m4k3r »

Spartan_Monkey wrote:Yes does look good, but i only veiwed this topic because I thought you said Fake Monkey ^_^;;
Lol, fake monkey! :D
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

"... my printer refused to print the back of the bill, and gave me some websight about the illegal-ness of counterfeiting..."

lol - is your printer connected to langley or something? Now you know why you spent so much money for your printer - they had to develop this nice feature >.<

Anyway, nice money. I soon have to make some fake money too, but I need an attache case full of it. So I'm gonna use small cardboard boxes with only two or so money sheets ontop as a cover.

You really have to take care with the "film money" statement, it must be big enough.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Haha, I have no idea how my printer did that. That was my initial thought, though, "Wow, I wonder how much they spent on making this thing recognize the back of a $20 bill. . . "
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

I have seen the counterfeiting warnings with some art packages. When I tried to scan some British bank notes I got redirected to some website :) I just switched art packages and used one that didn't have this helpful feature :)

When making prop money it really is worth making them imperfect deliberately so you can't be accused of trying to make real money. For this reason I made all my notes single sided. Use real notes if you need to for the odd shot.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Looks pretty real and the quote at the bottom was smart. Theres millions of things to do with fake money like giving it to your friends to do some crazy $H!T. A kid up the street made very real looking $$ that fooled everyone on my bus and I'll ask him how he did it (both sides of bill too).
Lord_Morpheus

Post by Lord_Morpheus »

Okay, I just tried it with my scanner/printer, and it surprisingly let me print out 20's with no problem. I now am going to try leaving a one-sided one on the floor somewhere and watch the hilarity ensue.... :twisted: