'Ghost effect'

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

'Ghost effect'

Post by Magic-Man »

Hi everyone. I wanna know how would i make someone walk through something or someone like in the film ghost. Thanks.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE:

Post by I3lade203 »

Have composting softwear such as AE? If so, you could composite footage of the person walking, with footage of the wall and a few blur effects and such to give the apperance of walking through the wall.
Sigs suck a**.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE:

Post by Magic-Man »

Thanks for the reply. ok. I have A.E how would i use a blur effect. Could i kinda make the wall or object close around the body as it passes thru. sorry if im not clear.
xander-prd

RE:

Post by xander-prd »

film the background clean (so yur looking down the wall, which takes up at least a quaretrish of the frame), then film a person walking at the front of screen across the room, so the perspective has it that the end of the wall is jus behind him/her.
Import to AE, the walking clip over the background then add a mask that cuts off, at the wall (a little way down) and then put a light blur on (effects menu) and lower the transparency (effects options - opacity) and experiment around with the positioning and controls of the layers
[url=http://www.jowka.com][b]Jowka-Dot-Com[/b][/url]
[b]JOWKA[/b]
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE:

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Dude, film the shot without the actor, then the shot with him keeping the cam in the same place. then just messaround with the opacity.
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
robosays21

RE:

Post by robosays21 »

put them on a green screen.
then take a picture of the wall your doing.
now when the person starts to hit the wall just mask them on the w/e program u have
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

'Ghost effect'

Post by rhys »

Get footage of the door or what ever, get footage of a person walking as if into the wall, go into an editing program, and get a circle shrinking wipe and put it on about where the person is about to hit the wall and... presto a person walking through an object (this really only shows how to walk through a door or wall or any thing bigger than the person) but thats all i would use.
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE:

Post by Magic-Man »

thanks guys, cheers